Bitey-Bitey, Pitcairn Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh man my family's thanksgiving stuff is HUGE. We get together with ALL of my mom's family. My mom is the youngest of six. They all seem to have six children as well, and some of their children have children.

Oh man. I'm glad my immediate family is pretty small. But my Nan is one of eleven ... they had a family reunion a few years ago, and there were about 250 people there. From my Nan's side, only two people attended too, since most of us couldn't afford to fly over at the time! I hate to think how big it would've been if everyone had attended.

Is that medicines without borders, or no new medicinal frontiers?

My French is a tad rusty.

Is your humour a bit rusty too? :tongue:

Doctors Without Borders.

I should mention all the relatives I'm talking about are just on my mothers side, let's not forget my dad's side still exists, and he's the second oldest of five.

I should mention all the relatives I'm talking about are just on my mothers side, let's not forget my dad's side still exists, and he's the second oldest of five.

You'd think I'd have a pretty decently sized immediate family. Mum's one of four and Dad's one of three. So if you assume average family size, I should be one of about twelve from my generation.

I'm one of three. None of Mum's siblings had children, while my father's sister has had two kids, and that's it. It's always surprised me that my father's brother never had children. He'd be a fucking cool father too.

My mom's mother and father had 6 sons and daughters, all of whom are married = 12

The oldest has 5 sons and daughters, two are married and two are engaged, one is gay and has a boyfriend = 10

the next has 4 that are hers, plus two step-children, and they're all married = 12

then my next aunt has two sons and a daughter, one son and one daughter are married, the other is ambiguous, most likely gay with a boy....friend? = 6

My next aunt has just one daughter, not married = 1

my mom's youngest brother has two daughters, one is engaged = 3

and my mom has two daughters and a son, none are married :p = 3

From the first group, there are five great grandchildren
the second group has the most with FIFTEEN great grandchildren
then 4 from the next
and no more after that.

so that is a grand total of 47 + 24 = 71 potential people that could show up to Thanksgiving.

"Railway level crossing? Nah, nothing's coming."

wmplayer_2008_11_27_18_47_18_70_wideweb__470x264,0.jpg

"... woops."

See you, EEN. :wave:

so that is a grand total of 47 + 24 = 71 potential people that could show up to Thanksgiving.

... woah. That's a hell of a lot.

Back before my parents divorced:

Nan and Grandad = 2
They had four children: two single, one with a partner, one (my mother) married with one child (me) = 7
So a total of 9.

Grandma and Grandpa = 2
They had three children: one with a partner, one married with two kids, one (my father) married with one child = 9
So a total of 11.

Merge the two, avoid counting Mum, Dad, and I twice, and you get 17.

We very rarely saw much of the extended family. To this day I can only name a few of them.

I'd count my dad's side for you, but since his sister is a whore, I've no idea what the final count would be.

Uploading pictures of Thor now :hyper:

The cat is fucking adorable.

Can't get the video to play though ...

I might have an early night. If I don't return after this post, the tumbleweeds will know where I've gone. :wave:

Woah, very dead thread.

I suppose that's not surprising given what day it is in the US, though.

Hey Reggo. :wave:

i just vowed not to joke about giving thanks to getting rid of the americans for a day...

i kid, i kid! and i just made the joke anyway.
:tsk:

:laugh:

This place is going to be even more stunningly dead come Christmas, I'm sure. I've poked around on a couple of Christmases in the past and there's been just nothing.

Hey Reggo. :wave:

:laugh:

This place is going to be even more stunningly dead come Christmas, I'm sure. I've poked around on a couple of Christmases in the past and there's been just nothing.

Hey, Ax! :wave: I've had In Absentia on repeat all day. :love:

I have to work Christmas, too! I guess Thanksgiving is a dry run for that. And...yeah, I'm going to be bored out of my mind then, too.

i have popped in on some christmas days and found the same. i find it kinda saddening in some way.

How dare people be spending time with their families!

(Actually, depending upon which family members it is, I'd rather be on here ...)

Hey, Ax! :wave: I've had In Absentia on repeat all day. :love:

I have to work Christmas, too! I guess Thanksgiving is a dry run for that. And...yeah, I'm going to be bored out of my mind then, too.

:up:

Given holiday pay, I can't say I'd be too disappointed if I had a job and had to work over Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom