Big Bone Lick State Park, Kentucky, USA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:
No way in hell you hate E-Street Shuffle, and you'll probably find something to love in Born To Run. Go in order.
:hmm: i've heard all his hits, thanks to classic rock stations, and also growing up when he got big with born in the u.s.a. i think i know all the lyrics to glory days despite never having paid attention to the song :hmm: i've never disliked a song of his as far as i know.

I love when he plays that little guitar solo after "Well I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk."

phanan said:
Well, you know. Classic rock. I'm not sure which way you go. You can't stand Floyd, but then you don't mind the Stones, so it could be hit or miss, right?
:lol: i love classic rock. i just don't own as much of it as i should, probably. back when we actually had a classic rock station in town, it was all i listened to. i'm know i'm about to get chastisized for this, but aside from when they played the beatles, i really didn't hate anything on there. i really don't like the beatles. sorry :reject:

LemonMelon said:
I'm not sure whether or not I prefer The Wild, The Innocent, And So On over Born To Run. I love the freewheeling, fun atmosphere of that record. Born To Run is so much more intense, but rewarding.

"Freewheeling, fun atmosphere" is pretty much the quickest way for me to know an album isn't going to appeal to me.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: i love classic rock. i just don't own as much of it as i should, probably. back when we actually had a classic rock station in town, it was all i listened to. i'm know i'm about to get chastisized for this, but aside from when they played the beatles, i really didn't hate anything on there. i really don't like the beatles. sorry :reject:

Ok then, you start with Born To Run, too. :D

phanan said:

Incident On 57th Street, Rosalita, and New York City Serenade. :drool:

Side 2 for the win.

I will have to see if I feel similar. Haven't heard this one since September. It's tough to top 4th Of July, IMO.

Springsteen, Bowie, and Frusciante are by far my three favorite individual musicians.

phillyfan26 said:

You hate fun?

:lol:

Well, it's more the "freewheeling". "Quirky, fun" works for me, see Split Enz's Hermit McDermitt or Able Tasmans' Evil Barbeque. But I don't think I've ever liked an album described as "freewheeling".

LemonMelon said:

I will have to see if I feel similar. Haven't heard this one since September. It's tough to top 4th Of July, IMO.

I put that on my symphonic album competition list. :up:

Axver said:

:lol:

Well, it's more the "freewheeling". "Quirky, fun" works for me, see Split Enz's Hermit McDermitt or Able Tasmans' Evil Barbeque. But I don't think I've ever liked an album described as "freewheeling".

Freewheeling:

Free of restraints or rules in organization, methods, or procedure.

So you like your albums to follow a set template? :wink: :giggle:

phillyfan26 said:

I put that on my symphonic album competition list. :up:

Damn, I must have voted for you a few times. I'm surprised LMP did so poorly in that tournament.

LemonMelon said:

Freewheeling:

Free of restraints or rules in organization, methods, or procedure.

So you like your albums to follow a set template? :wink: :giggle:

So that's what it means? Huh. It makes me think of something along the lines of whimsical Americana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom