Big Bone Lick State Park, Kentucky, USA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:

And you're coming up on the final two. The first one, an unheralded gem, and the last, well, there are no words.

Yeah, Meeting Across The River is sublime. I'm almost glad that it doesn't build.

Fuck Adam Eaton.

Bases loaded, one out, 4th inning, Phils up a run. Randy Johnson comes up, a fucking pitcher. So, what does Eaton do? He fucking walks the pitcher on four pitches. WITH THE BASES LOADED, HE DID NOT THROW A SINGLE STRIKE TO THE FUCKING PITCHER. Naturally, after an RBI ground out, Stephen Drew hit a 3-run homer, and the Phightin's are down 6-2.

phillyfan26 said:
Fuck Adam Eaton.

Bases loaded, one out, 4th inning, Phils up a run. Randy Johnson comes up, a fucking pitcher. So, what does Eaton do? He fucking walks the pitcher on four pitches. WITH THE BASES LOADED, HE DID NOT THROW A SINGLE STRIKE TO THE FUCKING PITCHER. Naturally, after an RBI ground out, Stephen Drew hit a 3-run homer, and the Phightin's are down 6-2.

Well, we know what pfan's been up to now.

So, interesting thread to catch up on. I get the feeling I better dig out that Springsteen CD.

phanan said:
Well, we know what pfan's been up to now.

Watched the game and talked Phillies for a half hour with my dad. We need to trade Howard since people still think he can be good. This is our last chance. That's the conclusion we came to.

phillyfan26 said:
Fuck Adam Eaton.

Why are you busy watching the team with the most losses in MLB history when you spend your time talking about how great Born To Run is? :tsk:

Don't answer that. I spend my Sundays watching the Redskins. :sigh:

phanan said:

You actually had some reading to do this time.

Not quite as much as yesterday, though.

These threads have been going well. :up:

LemonMelon said:
Why are you busy watching the team with the most losses in MLB history when you spend your time talking about how great Born To Run is? :tsk:

Don't answer that. I spend my Sundays watching the Redskins. :sigh:

Daniel Snyder, LeMel. Daniel Snyder.

LemonMelon said:
So you're scared and you're thinking
That maybe we ain't that young anymore
Show a little faith, there's magic in the night
You ain't a beauty, but hey you're alright
Oh and that's alright with me

Best part of the song IMO.

Agreed.

It's a lyrical masterpiece all the way through.

phanan said:
Somehow, that just doesn't sound quite right.

Made sense to me.

Technically, I guess the ideal was "It's long on paper, but it goes by very quickly."

Listening to this, I can really hear the massive influence Springsteen has had on so many artists I listen to. It's surreal.

phillyfan26 said:
Jungleland's lyrics are just insanely good, too.

The midnight gang's assembled and picked a rendezvous for the night
They'll meet 'neath that giant Exxon sign that brings this fair city light

:up: The sax solo is hot too.

Born To Run is actually a loose concept album, if you think about it. A tale of young love and restless hearts, taking place over the course of a single day, with Thunder Road starting at daybreak, and Jungleland going deep into the night.

At one point, Springsteen considered starting and ending the album with Thunder Road (he had an acoustic version to start, and the full band version to end). That would have been interesting. The acoustic version is even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom