best way to experience music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bildo

The Fly
When youre stoned, going back to your dorm, shutting the lights off, and listening music is the best thing to do. Its like you can experience songs youve listened to for the first time (so they tell me). Heres a list of good songs to listen to while stoned (so Ive heard):
Whos got the herb?-311
Sweet Emotion-Aerosmith
Ava Adore-Smashing Pumpkins
anything by Sublime

anything by the Steve Miller Band
THE ULTIMATE STONER SONG:
Shine on you crazy diamond- Pink Floyd

As for U2 songs, they say Exit live is a good one

:lol: LOL @ "so they tell me" and "so I've heard".
IMO I just like lying in bed in the dark and listening to music on my headphones. If you close your eyes you can almost imagine you're seeing a band in concert as you listen to them. :happy:

all the songs that you're supposedly supposed to like mosre when youre stoned SUCK if you hear them and your not high. it's just a way for crappy bands to plug their music.

*wondering if this is why i find the dave matthews band boring after a while*

Never done any drugs, but I know alcohol does not make music "better", so I can't imagine that drugs do. all that crap about heroin and other drugs make people more creative = load of crap.

agree with u2popmofo. personally i like headphones as well.

ok, let's just imagine, for one horrible moment:

bukowski without his beer.
bob marley without his weed.
jim morrison without his whiskey.
kurdt without his heroin.
lewis carroll without his opium.
the beatles and bob dylan without LSD.
hunter s. thompson without his chemical cocktails.

the list is endless...i apologize.

hey bildo here's an idea listen to music because you love it not because you are a druggy. Music is one of the best things, just remember that next time you are frying your brain. Take it and like it, oh by the way "just say no." How old are you?

bonosgirl84 said:
ok, let's just imagine, for one horrible moment:

bukowski without his beer.
bob marley without his weed.
jim morrison without his whiskey.
kurdt without his heroin.
lewis carroll without his opium.
the beatles and bob dylan without LSD.
hunter s. thompson without his chemical cocktails.

the list is endless...i apologize.

Well, obviously the substances these people ingested affected their work. The two are probably inseperable. That doesn't mean it made them more creative. The Beatles made some fine music before and after they took LSD. I'm not saying they never ever should have done that and shame on them. But just because talented people write great music when under the influence of drugs doesn't mean the drugs somehow inspired them to make great music.

And, frankly, it might be nice to imagine Kurt without his heroin and Jim without his whiskey for a moment, since within that flight of fancy they might not be dead.

the drugs dont work bildo....

getting high is only fun in college, after that its too damn expensive.....er uh,,,,,irresponsible.....

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
And, frankly, it might be nice to imagine Kurt without his heroin and Jim without his whiskey for a moment, since within that flight of fancy they might not be dead.

see, now that's the beauty of it. if kurdt were still here, we'd hate him by now.

Smoking a joint and listening to records is a blast. Not all the time, cause the weed can F you up, but a couple of times year is perfect.

i'm with iris and digi and iwb etc etc etc...music is great when you can fully appreciate the intricacies...which isn't when your brain is being dulled by drugs...

Elvis Presley said:

getting high is only fun in college, after that its too damn expensive.....er uh,,,,,irresponsible.....

You are a rapscallion EP.

it seems that there are cases to be made for both....my ex-boyfriend swore by getting stoned, i preferred to listen sober. I've never really understood the people at concerts who get wasted...i would feel like i'm missing something. I think at home, late at night, headphones, in the dark (maybe with my lava lamp on)...that's the atmosphere for me...

or late at night, in the car, down the highway, music turned waaaay up...

There is somthing to be said for both. I don't think you really miss somthing if you drink or smoke at a show or while listening to music. I saw Catherine Wheel back in 1992 while high as a kite, and I was mesmerized by them. I also love drinking and listening to Exile On Main Street while dancing and singing up a storm at a party.

bonosgirl84 said:

see, now that's the beauty of it. if kurdt were still here, we'd hate him by now.

i doubt it. maybe, but you don't know that.

IWasBored said:
i doubt it. maybe, but you don't know that.

you're right, i know nothing for certain. i don't know as if i'd want to. but i feel pretty confident assuming that by now, had kurdt not gone the way of legend, that he would have made the weaker album, appeared on the wrong show, said the wrong thing to the press...something, anything that leads the public to begin to call even their most beloved icons "sellouts" after a while.

but now, i have sidetracked your original topic. i apologize. :wave:

MrBrau1 said:
There is somthing to be said for both. I don't think you really miss somthing if you drink or smoke at a show or while listening to music. I saw Catherine Wheel back in 1992 while high as a kite, and I was mesmerized by them. I also love drinking and listening to Exile On Main Street while dancing and singing up a storm at a party.

I suspect that the main reason you were mesmerized was because you were stoned, and not because their music was especially mesmerizing that night. Seriously, from watching some of my friends after they've been partaking in ye ole wacky tabaccy, everything becomes more interesting to them. Whatever happens to be on tv, the drink they're holding in their hand, the patterns on the carpet... :D

I'd rather be mesmerized as a result of what I'm watching/listening to/experiencing, rather than having my brain tricked into it. But that's just me. :)

____
Not that there isn't a time and place for downing more alcohol than necessary and listening to loud music. But that's a party and the focus ain't the music. :sexywink:

well....I must join in on a little comment/confession here

Let me just say...listening to Sigur Ros ( ) after partaking is one of the most surreal moments one can experience.
No, I do not like it BECAUSE of it
it just adds another interesting demension. It seems like you hear EVERY note and instrument clearly...kinda like when you have headphones on. Everything just seems really beautiful

now...this is only 1% of the time for me.
Sometimes I enjoy my music most when I'm driving in the car with it turned all the way up and me singing with no cares in the world!

Diemen said:

I suspect that the main reason you were mesmerized was because you were stoned, and not because their music was especially mesmerizing that night. Seriously, from watching some of my friends after they've been partaking in ye ole wacky tabaccy, everything becomes more interesting to them. Whatever happens to be on tv, the drink they're holding in their hand, the patterns on the carpet... :D

I'd rather be mesmerized as a result of what I'm watching/listening to/experiencing, rather than having my brain tricked into it. But that's just me. :)

____
Not that there isn't a time and place for downing more alcohol than necessary and listening to loud music. But that's a party and the focus ain't the music. :sexywink:

w/o a doubt being stoned makes the ordinary extrordinary. But I must say after that show I bought Catherine Wheel's new album at the time, and every album since. And as far a music not being the focus of a party, I disagree. If you're with the right people music MAKES the party. Of couse i'm talking in terms of "occational" use of substances while enjoying the charms of song. If you need to be whacked out on goof balls everytime you listen to a record you got a wee bit of a problem.

Last edited:
The very best way to experience music is when you are playing it. And when you?re listening to what you did in the studio.

Tracks like Shine On can be the same fine when you are not stoned.

Drugs can enhance creativity, but usually don?t have this effect. Most of the times, they make you exaggerate in usage of effects, and sometimes they can really keep you from working. There are so many bands out there you prefer to get stoned instead of working, and thats sad.

In some special moments, though, when everything is perfect, when you would be very creative without drugs anyway, they can stimulate creativity even more. Anyway, I?d prefer smoking on a party where I can shake me booty and not think about creating art.

Word is that drugs are uncool. Sometimes... :sexywink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom