Best songs from the new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Based on these rumored track listings, which songs will be the best (put them in order)?

1)Natvie Son
2)Origin of the Species
3)All Because of You

1) Native Son
2) Origin of the Species
3) All Because of You

The first two sound more like rock n roll songs, while the third sounds more like a ballad (like Kite, One). Not that that is a bad thing, they were both great songs. I just prefer rock songs like Out of Control, New Year's Day, Elevation.:D

Sorry to break it to all of you, but Jahweh will go down as one of U2's greatest songs of all time. The above mentioned songs are very good, very rock n' roll... but cannot compare to Jahweh. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Achtung_Man87 said:
1) Native Son
2) Origin of the Species
3) All Because of You

The first two sound more like rock n roll songs, while the third sounds more like a ballad (like Kite, One). Not that that is a bad thing, they were both great songs. I just prefer rock songs like Out of Control, New Year's Day, Elevation.:D
Actually, All Because of You is a full out rock song, whereas Original of the Species is more of a Bowie-esque slinky pop/rock song.

Michael Griffiths said:

Actually, All Because of You is a full out rock song, whereas Original of the Species is more of a Bowie-esque slinky pop/rock song.

I believe it had the stuff of Aladdin's something or other from Bowie

One of the best tunes will be #7:
History is on my side-

War-#7 Two Hearts
UF-#7 Bad
JT- #7 In God's Country
AB-#7 The Fly
Pop-#7 Gone
ATYCLB- #7 Wild Honey

MrBrau1 said:
One of the best tunes will be #7:
History is on my side-

War-#7 Two Hearts
UF-#7 Bad
JT- #7 In God's Country
AB-#7 The Fly
Pop-#7 Gone
ATYCLB- #7 Wild Honey
Very good observation, MrBrau1. I've noticed this before, as well. #7 is usually a top draw song... not necessarily the best song on the album, but top draw material, nonetheless.

we are picking the best songs from an album that doesnt even exist yet?

does anyone else see the absurdity of this?

Chizip said:
we are picking the best songs from an album that doesnt even exist yet?

does anyone else see the absurdity of this?

yes, I do.

since those songs never made it to atyclb, I doubt they'll make this one either.

but then again, anything is possible. after all, they're going to scrap the sessions with lillywhite and lanois and start over agin with bob rock.

new album: December 2005.

Michael Griffiths said:
Sorry to break it to all of you, but Jahweh will go down as one of U2's greatest songs of all time. The above mentioned songs are very good, very rock n' roll... but cannot compare to Jahweh. Just my 2 cents.

Have you heard Jahweh mate?

Some songs have always existed, just as all the great statues have existed - they just needed the sculptor or artist to chip away at the rock to get to the masterpiece. In this sense - just as was the case with 'One' - we have all heard 'Jahweh'... for it is one of the sonic statues that has always existed, only to be revealed as what it always has been... and always will be... and always is.

:scratch:

uummmm........yeah.

anyway, to answer the question, the best song will be the one they will release as the first single in january, followed by the album in march, and the tour in june.

oh wait.....that's not happening; I forgot.

new album: December 2005.

Michael Griffiths said:
we have all heard 'Jahweh'... for it is one of the sonic statues that has always existed, only to be revealed as what it always has been... and always will be... and always is.

This is very Lennon like...............

I'm sorry Mikey mate, Jahweh could be a materpiece, or it could be just another u2 song, we don't know yet.

Most u2 fans think Bad is a masterpiece and perhaps it is.
But it fails to capture me the same way more unheralded u2 songs such as Zoo Station, Is that All? and Mothers of the disappeared do.

intedomine said:
I'm sorry Mikey mate, Jahweh could be a materpiece, or it could be just another u2 song, we don't know yet.

Most u2 fans think Bad is a masterpiece and perhaps it is.
But it fails to capture me the same way more unheralded u2 songs such as Zoo Station, Is that All? and Mothers of the disappeared do.
Oh, oh, oh, but we do!

'Bad' needs to be experienced from a broken perspective, I think.

i need to hear the word jahweh, i just don't know how to spell it...
anyway, the one of the rumoured title that excites me most is origin of the species.

hmmm, i guess these won't be the real titles, they're running since too much time, i believe u2 surely won't use no one these titles, and more over they neither know when the album will be done...

This thread seems a bit odd in that no one has heard any of these songs. They aren't finished so how does one determine which "is" the best?

Back
Top Bottom