Best Song Survivor: Grand Final IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we were on finding out the most popular U2 songs by U2 fans.... but it all means nothing now this has happened... I think you are the one that is uninformed buddy.

I understand exactly the idea that you're trying (and failing) to convey, and have in fact fought for it to no avail. But your idea that there is a "truthful" best U2 song (and the even crazier idea that Magnificent is "truthfully" on the same tier as WTSHNN and One) is horribly incorrect and uninformed, because it applies factual answers to a subjective topic.

Magnificent is probably the 3rd or 4th best song on the new album. I'm amazed it's made it this far, actually.

The problem is when people actually take these things dead seriously, and it turns into some unwinnable ethos war... eg, "<song A> is worse than <song B> because that is my opinion... and my opinion is better than your opinion because I'm better than you are and have better reasoning skills and musical taste!"

How do you win such an argument, exactly?

Moment of Surrender is 100% better than Magnificent because that is my opinion and my opinion is better than the opinion of the people that voted out MOS because I have better musical taste.

I win.

:wink:

I'm running the tournament and I say OTH and ASOH should be #1 and #2. So there. Game over!

1. No Line on the Horizon
2. Fez - Being Born
3. Breathe
4. Cedars of Lebanon
5. Moment of Surrender
6. White as Snow
7. Magnificent
8. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
9. Get on Your Boots
10. Unknown Caller
11. Stand Up Comedy

Factually.

I think you're confused.

1. Moment of Surrender
2. No Line on the Horizon
3. Unknown Caller
4. Magnificent
5. White as Snow
6. Fez Being Born
7. I'll go Crazy...
8. Cedars of Lebanon
9. Breathe
10. Stand Up Comedy
11. Get on your Boots.

not my first choice, but magnificent to save better songs
qft

I think all the Magnificent voters need to swing on over to Beautiful Day for the next round.
i think i can get behind this. tbh, if magnificent and one of the other great songs (asoh/zooropa/etc) weren't on the chopping block, beautiful day would be my go to for this round.

Well we were on finding out the most popular U2 songs by U2 fans.... but it all means nothing now this has happened... I think you are the one that is uninformed buddy.
:lol: i hate to break it to you but i really doubt these strategic votes change the course of action all that much. for example, with this round, magnificent does have a lot of fans (i'm one of them). however, there's also a huge amount of people on this forum who don't like it or think it's not nearly as great as those who say it's one of the best, if not the best, on the album.

i have thought about running a survivor series that's more or less off the forums, meaning there is no poll posted here. since the tallies can't be kept private until the poll is done, the only option is by email i guess. but good lord that would be time consuming. it would be a series though where the voting is absolutely not strategic though, since no one would know what anyone else voted for.

I'm running the tournament and I say OTH and ASOH should be #1 and #2. So there. Game over!

Since the internet is always right, I'm going to have to hack the board to change your opinion, and, thus, the nature of reality.

Magnificent is probably the 3rd or 4th best song on the new album. I'm amazed it's made it this far, actually.

This.

Moment of Surrender is 100% better than Magnificent because that is my opinion and my opinion is better than the opinion of the people that voted out MOS because I have better musical taste.

I win.

:wink:

And this.

Perhaps we should mercy-rule this one. :hmm: I mean, both mod votes have gone for the same song. It's clearly a runaway, mod-wise.

are you listening axver? cancel the survivor!

Yeah, sorry folks, you've made too many factual mistakes. We must now defer to the personal rankings of I am, since he clearly has access to a factual knowledge of U2 songs beyond the reach of the average EYKIW voter.

Or something. I'm still not sure what he's on about. It's not that I refuse to listen; it's that what I'm hearing is incoherent.

The real question is what to realistically advocate being eliminated after the demise of Beautiful Day. :hmm:

The real question is what to realistically advocate being eliminated after the demise of Beautiful Day. :hmm:

UTEOTW if you ask me. Shouldn't have really made the finals, though it's better than all the 2000s offerings.

Yeah, sorry folks, you've made too many factual mistakes. We must now defer to the personal rankings of I am, since he clearly has access to a factual knowledge of U2 songs beyond the reach of the average EYKIW voter.

Or something. I'm still not sure what he's on about. It's not that I refuse to listen; it's that what I'm hearing is incoherent.

I think I Am might be Bono Himself.

UTEOTW if you ask me. Shouldn't have really made the finals, though it's better than all the 2000s offerings.

My thoughts were split between that and Stay. But I'm not sure if either of those will be ousted before some of the better tracks here, based upon current numbers. :doh:

i'll wait for the next round to pan out, but if all goes to plan it'll be beautiful day. i will vote for asoh to cover zooropa.

i personally have no issue with tactical voting. i don't really care about the order in which songs depart, only what is there at the end because those are what i consider my favourite songs. if we want to get real bitchy about tactical voting, then people should be forced to stop voting once their favourite song is eliminated because they aren't voting for their true favourite anymore.

I think I Am might be Bono Himself.

I wonder what the 'soul' and 'kneel' count for his posts is? :hmm:

My thoughts were split between that and Stay. But I'm not sure if either of those will be ousted before some of the better tracks here, based upon current numbers. :doh:

I'd also like to see AIWIY go soon, but I guess that won't be happening in a hurry.

I still think it's a travesty Heartland isn't a finalist.

I'd also like to see AIWIY go soon, but I guess that won't be happening in a hurry.

I still think it's a travesty Heartland isn't a finalist.

I will not be voting for All I Want Is You unless it's in the final 3 or so.

But I agree with the second half.

i have thought about running a survivor series that's more or less off the forums, meaning there is no poll posted here. since the tallies can't be kept private until the poll is done, the only option is by email i guess. but good lord that would be time consuming. it would be a series though where the voting is absolutely not strategic though, since no one would know what anyone else voted for.
theoretically, couldn't we keep the poll private, and lock the thread so people can't talk about what they've voted about?

sometimes i think people's votes are influenced by senior members or consensuses or whatnot, as silly as that may be...

Perhaps we should mercy-rule this one. :hmm: I mean, both mod votes have gone for the same song. It's clearly a runaway, mod-wise.
:applaud: best post of the thread. :up:

theoretically, couldn't we keep the poll private, and lock the thread so people can't talk about what they've voted about?

sometimes i think people's votes are influenced by senior members or consensuses or whatnot, as silly as that may be...
yeah, unfortunately as ian already said, the results are still public.

though you know, this has given me an idea of running a survivor off-forums essentially. i still have to give some thought as to how i'd want to do this, but i might want to do a survivor series after this one's over, unless axver wants to do another one next. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom