Best of 1990-2000 DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

El Farzo

Babyface
I'm not sure if this has been discussed already; apologies if it has. I was wondering, is the Best of 1990-2000 DVD worth buying? I was thinking of getting it but then I read some rather unflattering reviews; poor video quality and no 5.1 (?). Plus the cheapest price I've found is $32 Canadian, which isn't helping the cause. Therefore, is it worth the price or a waste of money? :confused:

Any help is appreciated.

Yes, it's worth buying. I thought the video quality was great and I never checked on the 5.1 to be honest; but I never had an issue with the sound either.

I haven't watched it for a while, but when I got it I thought it was one of U2's best dvd releases--- they did a great job on it--as opposed to their horrible decisions with the best of 1990-2000 album.

Great live versions of UTEOTW, Gone and Mofo---plus a lot of awesome videos like One, Discotheque, Staring At The Sun, The Fly, WGRYWH, Please....plus the 3 documenaries I say it's worth the money.

Amazon gives it good reviews for more info:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._1_7/104-9139691-8279919?s=dvd&v=glance&n=130

It's worth buying since you get some extra tracks. I personally don't like the fact that the US version of 'Stuck in a Moment' is on there [I only say this since I don't know if the original/....'proper' video is on there...is it on the disc anywhere? If so, fine.] Some excellent videos though, Lemon is not to be missed and some great bonus documentaries and so on!

Both versions of stuck are on there....two versions of numb....I *think* only two versions of One (I couldn't find the buffalo one).....and just about every video that came out in the 90s

I love it to death.

I actually love this dvd. The music videos help me understand more of what the 90's was all about. If you haven't seen videos like the fly, discotheque, numb, beautiful day, electrical storm, lemon, one, and basically all of the other videos on the dvd, then I would buy it. I got my copy for $20.00 US, so I don't know what $32.00 Canadien is, but I would still buy it.

The Fly video rocks:rockon:

So does discoteque:rockon:

bono_212 said:
Both versions of stuck are on there....two versions of numb....

Excellent! And another Numb you say? Interesting! I think it's time I digged this one out again! thanks :wave:

What it is is right before you begin hte video you see the directors name, well on some of the videos there are two directors, if you select the second directors name, you get a different video.

Thanks for the help guys! :wave:
Now I'm going to buy it for sure....the local HMV only has one copy at the store though. I hope it's not gone by Monday. :yikes:

There's a ton of commentaries and bonus features. There's also quite a few alternate cuts of videos (which you can only access by clicking a song's specific menu)......

It's missing a few key videos though:

Night and Day
Until The End Of The World (The Concept Version)
Love Is Blindness

I think it has everything else from this time period pretty much, aside from another remix or whatnot that was on the Achtung Baby VHS.....

Okay, this all sounds really good. :)
But can anyone confirm or deny if it has DD 5.1? And if it doesn't, is the sound track still decent?

Back
Top Bottom