Bastard Township Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RavenBlue said:

For the experience? Or to drink? :giggle:

:laugh:

Though I don't see the appeal in the experience. Woo, let's sleep out on the uncomfortable pavement beside some ugly concrete and steel structure and use portaloos and shit!

Yeah, I'll stick with "turning up at 1-2pm is ideal" logic.

Oh, wait, I did turn up at about 9:30am in Auckland, but there were extenuating circumstances behind that, known as "avoiding my father's bitch".

Guy's, do you have a new thread sorted out?....I heard someone talking about on 3AW's Footy commentary, I think It was Dennis Comitti, saying something about "Strechmark, Western Australia" :hmm:

phillyfan26 said:

UVMexico3.gif

no i need one of him performing. that pic has gotta have a joke in it though.

RavenBlue said:
When I get to my first U2 show which better damn well be next tour, should I go for a seat or take my chances with GA?

Go GA.

Its a completely different experience, like you won't believe. Trust me, once go GA you won't go back!

bono_man2002 said:
Guy's, do you have a new thread sorted out?....I heard someone talking about on 3AW's Footy commentary, I think It was Dennis Comitti, saying something about "Strechmark, Western Australia" :hmm:

:lol: I want to do Useless Loop, Western Australia, but DOL found some Gay and Lesbian Kingdom, a micronation in the Coral Sea.

RavenBlue said:
When I get to my first U2 show which better damn well be next tour, should I go for a seat or take my chances with GA?

GA, no question about it at all. When Streets starts playing, you damn well want to be on the floor standing near the band, with the rest of the other crazies jumping.

RavenBlue said:

I've been to ten U2 shows. The first was seats, the subsequent nine GA. I would not even consider going back to seats. Show up around 1-2pm and you'll get a good spot, especially if you know how to walk fast.

Axver said:

I still can't figure out why anybody would sleep overnight in the GA queue. I never showed up earlier than 1pm and I've been on the rail or only a couple of rows back every time.

in boston i showed up at 4am and this woulda been enough for the waaaay outer rail beyond adam or edge, 1st row, but i got 2nd row to be in front of bono.

and i'm planning to travel, so sleeping in the line saves money!

Varitek said:

in boston i showed up at 4am and this woulda been enough for the waaaay outer rail beyond adam or edge, 1st row, but i got 2nd row to be in front of bono.

and i'm planning to travel, so sleeping in the line saves money!

In Boston, on 26/05, I turned up around 5-5:30pm and was front row in front of Edge.

RavenBlue said:
I wonder what they'll call the inner circle of fans this time. We've had the heart and the ellipse? What's next?
I dreamt it would be a lemon.

Incidentally, that was the same dream with Antonio Banderas as a talking block of cheese. Man, that was one crazy dream.

RavenBlue said:
GA is cheaper too isn't it :wink:

I wonder what they'll call the inner circle of fans this time. We've had the heart and the ellipse? What's next?

Yeah, GA is much cheaper than any seat worth a damn. And more fun.

Axver said:

Nope, wouldn't load. Everything else was fine.

It was a picture of a solar eclipse with the caption:

THE SUN
Putting it out with our bloody rock n roll music since 1984.

phillyfan26 said:

It was a picture of a solar eclipse with the caption:

THE SUN
Putting it out with our bloody rock n roll music since 1984.

:lol: Awesome.

RavenBlue said:
I wish I was good at claymation

A talking block a cheese would likely win at some of those artsy fartsy film fests.

Especially a talking block of cheese with a sexy voice.

And particularly if its sidekick were a talking pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom