bad vibes in zoo confession.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RocknRollKitty said:

What I am saying is, since they aren't here for U2 fandom, which is the purpose of this site, it wouldn't be a loss to the U2 fan community, or their own right to U2 info, if they got what they deserved and were banned. If people only come here to jerk around and others' expense, and that is their only purpose, the entire site is better off without them.

But I can see by your post what I already suspect, you think these people are funny and cool, and they are your buddies, and they will continue to run wild and jump on other people who aren't popular because they somehow have it coming, and that nothing is going to be done about them.

If certain people are bothering you so much why don't you use the ignore feature? All you are doing is making it hard on yourself by calling people names and such. Stop letting it bother you and calm down. Seriously.

Bonochick said:

In your User CP, go to "Edit Ignore List".

sometimes I think i'm some of those lists :yikes:

seriously... i've been thinking on this matter a lot, and maybe, sometimes i'm part of the problem. I don't like sarcastic comments, and sometimes (as a proud colombian :wink: ) I say things just how they are and it seems that people gets offended by this. I like to talk in a very honest way, I like to make jokes and I can take jokes so I think that the others can do it too, but it is not always like that.

When I don't like something I say it, and I hate to hear people saying "oh there's such a mess here" but they won't direct to the people who are doing wrong.

Last edited:
RocknRollKitty said:
Somebody has to do it, because it's true.
no, no one has to do it. maybe you've forgotten about our faqs, but name calling is against the rules. i don't care what anyone's said to you or anyone else in the past, it doesn't justify you calling a group of people assholes. i'm not the only mod of that forum and i can't be everywhere, so if i missed an instance where someone was out of line, then i'm sorry. people can always report posts. you know this.

What I am saying is, since they aren't here for U2 fandom, which is the purpose of this site, it wouldn't be a loss to the U2 fan community, or their own right to U2 info, if they got what they deserved and were banned. If people only come here to jerk around and others' expense, and that is their only purpose, the entire site is better off without them.

But I can see by your post what I already suspect, you think these people are funny and cool, and they are your buddies, and they will continue to run wild and jump on other people who aren't popular because they somehow have it coming, and that nothing is going to be done about them.
just because you think they deserve to be banned doesn't mean they will be. sorry. like i said above, you see someone breaking a rule? report their post. you know this. the mods cannot be everywhere and catch everything, and sometimes people are spoken to privately. so even so, how do you know sometimes action hasn't been taken against a member? but yes, i do agree that if people only come on here to be rude, then they shouldn't be here. but i don't possess a ban button, so all i can do is yell at people on the forums and make sure sicy knows about the people who are constant troublemakers.

this second paragraph makes me laugh. you have no idea who my friends are. to be honest, i have no idea who you're referring to and i honestly don't care, but i can't think of any friends of mine who'd fit this criteria. the mods don't favour certain members because we're buddy-buddy with them. sorry, your conspiracy theories won't fly.

as others have suggested, if these people are bothering you this much, just put them on your ignore list.

RocknRollKitty said:

Are you only here to dicuss U2? :eyebrow:

How unfair a statement to say anyone who doesn't post in Everything You Know is Wrong or PLEBA should be banned. Talking about U2 gets old, you can only have the same discussion over the same song so many times. Or at least it's that way for a lot of people. Some people have been here for years and years. If they were allowed to talk about U2 and only U2, you think they'd still be here? Although, maybe that's what you'd like to see, I don't know.

RocknRollKitty said:
nothing is going to be done about them.

I do not understand this logic. Is this another "unwritten Internet law" that you must be a fan of a band to post at certain websites?

I know you think I am some sort of "asshole" because you have mentioned that before...so I shall explain a few things: I have been a fan of U2 since 1984 when I was in seventh-grade. That's 22 years. I have been seeing U2 concerts for 18 years (my first concert ever was a JT show). I have a decent collection of U2 things I have purchased over the years.

In April 2001, I was preparing to go see U2 and had been reading Interference for just under two years. I decided to join and see if I could connect with others with a similar passion. Since May 1, 2001 (the day Zonelistener was created), I have met more Interferencers than just about ANYONE who posts here. I have developed some outstanding friendships that will last my lifetime. Interference has become SO much more than a site to discuss U2. So much that my sister recently joined to get to know some of the people I have grown close to. For me, Interference goes far beyond EYKIW or traditional U2 conversation. I have found other interests and conversation topics with people I share the U2 passion with.

My whole life, I have been the type of person who speaks exactly what everyone else is thinking. Sometimes, that makes ME the "asshole" - but it truly is what "EVERYONE" is thinking. They just aren't as "dumb" :)sexywink:) to publicly say it.

So, instead of calling people "assholes" ... asking to have them banned because they are not U2 fans...claiming that people are breaking "unwritten Internet rules".....claiming that you are losing some popularity contest...I would try to stop alienating yourself from others by making these posts. Try making friends once in a while!

I dont think U2kitten was saying anyone who doesn't talk about U2 is clearly not a fan and should therefore be banned. She was talking about those who seem to only come in here to cause trouble. As Zoney then pointed out though, how on earth do any of us know what level of fandom someone has? Posts on this board indicate nothing as to an extent of someone's fanhood.

So I reckon all this is moot. Besides, I can only think of a handful of people who have come here with no understanding or interest of U2 and nothing but a desire to cause trouble. They have long since been banned. The rest of us are either fans who enjoy the U2 aspects and want to preserve that, or a large group of mixed others who enjoy the other benefits such a large site has.

I know she didn't mean that, exactly. But to me, it comes across as if she is refering to some long standing members here that she doesn't like, and using the excuse that this is a U2 forum and they don't participate in any U2 discussions. Honestly, the mods do a good job of getting rid of the ones that are here just for trouble. Others, someone may personally find annoying or rude, but you can't just go around banning people because they think or react or have a different sense of humor.

Some of the longer term members treat new members in a pretty bad fashion and also even treat longer term members that are not part of their cliques in a disrespectful manner. The cliquish thing seems very strong here which personally I find unappealing.

I do wonder at some of the manipulative behavior of some long term members, and how they seemingly get away with it. To that extent I would argue RockandrollKitty raises a point that is not so easily dismissed as some would want to believe.

financeguy said:
Some of the longer term members treat new members in a pretty bad fashion and also even treat longer term members that are not part of their cliques in a disrespectful manner. The cliquish thing seems very strong here which personally I find unappealing.

I do wonder at some of the manipulative behavior of some long term members, and how they seemingly get away with it. To that extent I would argue RockandrollKitty raises a point that is not so easily dismissed as some would want to believe.

I know you knew that :sexywink: I'm just here to be extremely right and force my opinion on everyone! But seriously, from what you quoted above, I could be very wrong. I am not sure. Which leads me to my next act of not pretending to know what others mean when it isn't necessarily clear! :happy:

why lime?
:love:

Angela Harlem said:

I know you knew that :sexywink: I'm just here to be extremely right and force my opinion on everyone! But seriously, from what you quoted above, I could be very wrong. I am not sure. Which leads me to my next act of not pretending to know what others mean when it isn't necessarily clear! :happy:

why lime?
:love:

:huh:

:lol:

financeguy said:
To that extent I would argue RockandrollKitty raises a point that is not so easily dismissed as some would want to believe.

I am not picking on you here because you have only been here for a little more than a year, BUT, a lot happened here on this message board long before you joined. People have said some amazing things.

That's all I'll say.

so why do we think some people get picked on and not others...?

when i was a newbie, initially i was weary of my surroundings and certain members, but thats just like any other new environment in life - you got to get used to things.
but no one ever picked on me... i've never felt put down, abused, picked on, intimidated or anything similiar to that.
why not?
probably because i never invited it on myself :shrug:

what i mean is that, while i'm sure there are plenty of people on here who dislike or are indifferent to me, i can honestly say i dont think i've ever got into a proper argument with anyone on here (debates over topics sure, but never a personal slanging match) - feel free to corect me on that though!
if someone says something i don't like or annoys me or is rude to me, instead of whining that people are being nasty to me or letting people put me down, i generally just ignore it and go somewhere else.

this whole "woe is me" attitude that people get when someone says something they don't like, really winds me up - just either ignore it, deal with it or learn to stand up for yourself.

Spot on Digsy and Jeff (previous page). At the end of the day, this is simply a message board on the internet...not worth having a mental breakdown over.

My fiance and several of my closest friends are members here so I really can't get away with anything!

I've noticed it too. I've also noticed how the mods are warning certain people to knock off being rude to other members but they seem to keep doing it. Maybe there should be a three strikes and your out rule.

financeguy said:

I agree.

zoney! said:

I am not picking on you here because you have only been here for a little more than a year, BUT, a lot happened here on this message board long before you joined. People have said some amazing things.

That's all I'll say.

Pick on me then.

Seriously, what kind of attitude is that, you´re devaluing someone´s opinion because you´ve been around for such a long time?

digsy said:

1. when the same people whine consistently over and over and over and preach the same gobbled illogical self-righteous shite out their ass over and over and over, people get fed up, stop being sympathetic and start taking the mickey

2. if someone says something i don't like or annoys me or is rude to me, instead of whining that people are being nasty to me or letting people put me down, i generally just ignore it and go somewhere else.

1. contradicts 2.

Why cant the people who "get fed up, stop being sympathetic and start taking the mickey" just ignore it or go somewhere else, if the "gobbled illogical self-righteous shite" annoys them that much?

Because they want a little of fun and action, putting someone else down.

This is a behaviour that I find to be completely arrogant and inappropriate, esepcially when a couple of members are attacking one member simultaneously.

Other than that, I echo what u2granny said. My sentiments exactly.

If people don't like what other people are threading or posting there are plenty of forums to look into and talk about other things than U2, or to be snide to someone else as soon as someone has anything positive to say....there is room for everyone on this website.....I post in threads not relating to U2 but I do like discussing them and Bono the most...isn't this the place for it, others do not have to join in go to another forum and join in there.....

People have enough negativety in their everyday lives no one who comes here to chat etc. needs more.

It makes me very :sad: to see all the instigating go on here especially this is supposed to be a web for U2 fans a group who promotes love and peace, and it certainly is not here.:(

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

Pick on me then.

Seriously, what kind of attitude is that, you´re devaluing someone´s opinion because you´ve been around for such a long time?

It is pretty clear you do not understand what I was addressing in my post, and I have NO idea why 20-30+ posts and two weeks later you need to dredge it up the topic. It has NOTHING to do with you, thank you. And, I actually addressed the issue with the individual away from the public forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom