Australia/NZ - We Have Dates, But Still Desperate Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just called ticketmaster...they cant tell me what stand i am in. she said that i will have to wait until i get my tickets she said. aparantly it was not on her computer.

oh no.. i hope u have them then. n i hope ur in the stand near me ^_^ or... in the western stand for ur sake!....

p.s u have to post it, when u get them.. when will u get them?

how long does it take to get tickets? the girl on the phone said it i wouldn't get my melbourne ticket until january. i won't feel happy about it until it's in my hand.

beaut_day said:
oh no.. i hope u have them then. n i hope ur in the stand near me ^_^ or... in the western stand for ur sake!....

p.s u have to post it, when u get them.. when will u get them?

she said that they r posting them on jan 3 so it will be a about a week or so after that i shall get them. i shall post it on here and let u know :)

Congratulations everybody. Sounds like the whole thing was a success, for the fans and for U2.

Now we just have to wait..... taps fingers on desk......

Roll on March 21!

im off everyone, got work soon. good chatting. AND YAYYYY hehe.. add me if you like.. my emails somewhere above in the thread.
ciao meow.xx

by the looks of it there is still some reserve seating available. and prob GA as well
its good in a way that brizzy is not as large as Syd, coz that made it a lot easier for us to all get tickets, and close to the ones we wanted. I still think they will sell out in the coming days and i dont think brizzy will get a seccond show.

i sooo hope adelaide and brisbane do sell out.

i guess they wouldn't add another adelaide show would they? i doubt it. but it would be good.

Dont think so as they might have trouble selling out another

About Brisbane and Adelaide selling out I dont think that should be problem. Originally I thought no at first but the amount of interest has been insane.

sokki said:
i sooo hope adelaide and brisbane do sell out.

i guess they wouldn't add another adelaide show would they?

me too....

and no... absolutely no chance.

details about Syd2 and Melb2 go up tomoro.. but there will be no adelaide2!!

hehehe. oh well.

i'm glad they're coming here anyway. that's enough for me.

i hope they leave some time in between announcing and selling the tickets. unless it's on a monday, i'll be at work. please let it be a monday!!!

Does anyone know the actual capacity or number of tickets sold for each venue?

In particular, what is AAMI stadiums capacity for this concert?

Sken said:
Does anyone know the actual capacity or number of tickets sold for each venue?

In particular, what is AAMI stadiums capacity for this concert?

Can't be certain...but I think they could hold 60,000 pretty safely for a gig like this...the record for an AFL game [which is of course only the stands] is over 53,000. The station sponsoring the tour here, said there are only a handful of reserved tickets left. STOKED off my face right now...have 4 GA and 2 A reserved for here...so finally, a 10 year promise to my eldest daughter gets to be fulfilled.

Sharon

This has really exceeded my expectations for Adelaide, its gonna be such an awesome day/night.

Sken said:
This has really exceeded my expectations for Adelaide, its gonna be such an awesome day/night.

I think Adeladie will be somthing, I really do. I love it the atmosphere when a smaller centre get a big event like this... it will be really electric.

Outside of Auckland, I think Adeladie is the place to be baby!

Sydney = 70,000 (plus a potential extra 70,000)
Melbourne = 55,000 (plus a potential extra 55,000)
Adelaide = 45,000 (a guess)
Brisbane = 45,000 (a guess)

TOTAL = 340,000 (including the second shows in Sydney & Melbourne)

Thats 1.7% of the national population.

For U2 to do the same per head of population in the US, they'd have to sell over 5 million tickets.

Earnie Shavers said:

My work bought 50 A Reserve over a week ago. :wink:

Sydney 1 effectively sold out within the hour (some shitty single tickets still available as of 10am). That's amazing. This is one massive show.

Wow - thats fair to all the fans.

Earnie Shavers said:
Sydney = 70,000 (plus a potential extra 70,000)
Melbourne = 55,000 (plus a potential extra 55,000)
Adelaide = 45,000 (a guess)
Brisbane = 45,000 (a guess)

TOTAL = 340,000 (including the second shows in Sydney & Melbourne)

Thats 1.7% of the national population.

For U2 to do the same per head of population in the US, they'd have to sell over 5 million tickets.

hold on, those Melbourne and Sydney figures are without people on the field.
I'd say it will be more like:

Sydney: 100,000 (seriously)
Melbourne: 70,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom