aussie chat thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Is it even legal what you do to your poor guitar?

Just look at my avatar. Believe it or not, that really is me. Wearing a Hanson t-shirt no less. My girlfriend's Hanson t-shirt.

Axver said:
WTF IS UP WITH AMERICAN TOILETS SERIOUSLY.
OMG how much water do they waste!? They are HUGE. Madness. I was tempted to take a picture, especially of the ones in Chicago airport with the automatic plastic "hygenic" seat covers that rotated around to a fresh one every time you flushed.

:coocoo:

the tourist said:

Just look at my avatar. Believe it or not, that really is me. Wearing a Hanson t-shirt no less. My girlfriend's Hanson t-shirt.

And there goes your cred, right out the window.

I'd guessed that was you, but not quite what was on the shirt.

Alisaura said:

OMG how much water do they waste!? They are HUGE. Madness. I was tempted to take a picture, especially of the ones in Chicago airport with the automatic plastic "hygenic" seat covers that rotated around to a fresh one every time you flushed.

Well who wants to fetch herpes on a public toilet?

Alisaura said:

It's INSANE. But then again, so is almost everything over that side of the Pacific.

Alisaura said:

They have those in Christchurch Airport.

They had a button to activate. Naturally, i pressed the button and laughed for five minutes when i saw it happen.

coolian2 said:

They had a button to activate. Naturally, i pressed the button and laughed for five minutes when i saw it happen.

I'm surprised it worked. Last time I ended up in Christchurch airport, half the fucking place was closed and the other half seemed to think it was the closed half.

the tourist said:
Well who wants to fetch herpes on a public toilet?
I can't comment on exactly what you may or may not do to the toilet seats you use, but last time I checked, herpes can't get through skin.

I've never heard of anyone catching anything off a toilet seat. :shrug:

the tourist said:

Including me!

Hey, I hate you. You live in the right part of the world to see Agalloch live and yet you probably haven't the foggiest clue who they are, let alone any desire to see them.

They're from Portland, I think, and their only gigs ever seem to be around OR/WA/Vancouver, and occasionally Western Europe. Bastards.

coolian2 said:

Haha, me too. :hi5:

I laughed at so much of America, they must have thought I was nuts. Drove past a second-hand car yard near Atlanta that had one of those big scrolling LED signs... and it was quoting scriptures.

Actually, I do know who they are. I have a friend who's totally into metal and tries to get me into it. The closest he got was getting me into Porcupine Tree.

Alisaura said:

Haha, me too. :hi5:

I laughed at so much of America, they must have thought I was nuts. Drove past a second-hand car yard near Atlanta that had one of those big scrolling LED signs... and it was quoting scriptures.

:lol: WTF.

My favourite was a shop I passed north of Nashville. Sad Sam the Clown's: gas, fireworks, and beer on Sundays.

mysterious_jen said:
damm im not even going into public toilet myths and things your mum teahces you about them as a girl

:yikes:
Mum didn't tell me myths like that... I guess I'll carry on naively until I catch syphilis or something... then you can all laugh at me :D

the tourist said:
Actually, I do know who they are. I have a friend who's totally into metal and tries to get me into it. The closest he got was getting me into Porcupine Tree.

But Agalloch are awesome and atmospheric and bring in post-rock and lots of folk elements and are just generally one of my favourite bands.

Their new EP, The White, is very interesting. Quite folky. Pretty much no metal going on at all. Largely instrumental too.

mysterious_jen said:
damm im not even going into public toilet myths and things your mum teahces you about them as a girl

:yikes:

When I was 6, I saw this rhyme written into the wall of a public toilet in California:

"Here I sit all broken hearted
Tried to shit but only farted
So I decided to beat my meat
Sorry I came all over the seat."

I didn't get what it meant back then.
Thank the lord all I did was pee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom