aussie chat thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
Brunswick West. :mad: It's gone up twice since I've been here. :mad: I'VE ONLY BEEN HERE A YEAR. :mad:
As far as I know, rates should only go up once a year... at least, I only have to update the rates once a year, thank god. :crack:

I can't remember if Brunswick is in our patch or not, we just absorbed another distributor last year, so things have been confused.

Anyway, we just bill the retailers for the power... what they charge customers on top of that is their own business. :madwife:

And if it makes you feel any better, I had to increase the rates to my own house too. :sigh:

Alisaura said:

Carbon dating gets kind of unreliable after 30 or 40k.... which is one reason no one can agree on how long Aboriginals have been in Australia.

There are other dating methods though... Can't remember what they're called right now. Argon something or other? Or is that for really old dinosaur stuff... :scratch:

Oh, right. Maybe we could just invent a new method for Keith Richards. It's all the drugs that are in him. Date him on the basis of how quickly that's seeped into his bones?

mysterious_jen said:
since axver ignored me i downladed islington chapel instead.

may even contemplate bed soon too .

Wait, when did I ignore you?

coolian2 said:

Yawn and stretch. I managed to catch it by the touchpad which caused all sorts of strange things to happen

In light of a recent post by unico in a Survivor thread that read "oh fuck my touchpad", I'm in fits of laughter here.

Axver said:
Oh, right. Maybe we could just invent a new method for Keith Richards. It's all the drugs that are in him. Date him on the basis of how quickly that's seeped into his bones?
Good thinking! You should be doing a science degree :wink:

Now, how do we get hold of his bones....

mysterious_jen said:
its k , about 3 pages back now i think i wanted to know what the best lovetown gig to download was

Oh, I thought I'd seen every post, sorry! The best Lovetown gigs are undoubteduly the four Dublin ones. 18 November 1989, Sydney and 10 January 1990, Rotterdam also come highly recommended. As for Melbourne, 8 and 9 October 1989 are probably the best.

coolian2 said:

Why? Does catching you by the touchpa....fuck it.

Oh I fucking hate you, that on top of the unico post and your earlier one ...!

I need my fucking inhaler now, I've laughed so hard.

Alisaura said:

As far as I know, rates should only go up once a year... at least, I only have to update the rates once a year, thank god. :crack:

I can't remember if Brunswick is in our patch or not, we just absorbed another distributor last year, so things have been confused.

Anyway, we just bill the retailers for the power... what they charge customers on top of that is their own business. :madwife:

And if it makes you feel any better, I had to increase the rates to my own house too. :sigh:

I think it's only gone up once in each calendar year, but still! Electricity is fucking expensive enough as it is, and I barely use any outside of my two computers!

I keep on thinking I should look around and see if anybody's cheaper than the company I'm currently with, but ... I just haven't gotten around to it. I'm guessing it must be a much of a muchness anyway. Electricity in this state seems so confusingly semi-privatised.

mysterious_jen said:
random- scoffing cheese and bacon balls in a vain attempt to sober up b4 bed.
Cheetos... :drool:

Have lots of water too :hug:

Also random - want more Achtoons. :waiting:

I need to find LemonMelon's cartoons... I've sure I've missed loads.

electricity in this state and my suburb particularly is fucked. solar panels and a private generator are the way to go. we so often have no power. :no:

assholes.

I can just see Ian at a bar tomorrow night, trying out his new pickup line, "hey baby, I can do strange and exciting things with your touchpad ..."

Axver said:
I think it's only gone up once in each calendar year, but still! Electricity is fucking expensive enough as it is, and I barely use any outside of my two computers!

I keep on thinking I should look around and see if anybody's cheaper than the company I'm currently with, but ... I just haven't gotten around to it. I'm guessing it must be a much of a muchness anyway. Electricity in this state seems so confusingly semi-privatised.
What pisses me off about electricity generation is how much bloody water it uses. They'd better not be boiling potable water in those things, that's all!! :mad:

All the distributors charge all the retailers the same amount for power and gas. Any difference in the prices the retailers offer is dependent on how much they want to cut into their profit margins (which, looking at the bill I get in the mail, are pretty bloody significant)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom