August 10, 2010 Commerzbank Arena, Frankfurt DE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. But my bet would be if they do come here that they wouldn't come to Rotterdam anyway, another city maybe :)

what's the alternative? I'm obsessed with the idea that I could go to a lot of gigs that are in driving distance...Hannover, Ffurt, Paris...and holland! :D

I can't even book a flight to Frankfurt now, it's too early :ohmy:

I also checked connections from Rome to Frankfurt, just in case Rome really happens before Frankfurt, and that should work fine, so I'm tempted. It would be quite a trip. Of course I'll take Hannover then, too.

And I'll go to Munich by train, I love the stadium, the accoustics is much better than in most other stadiums. I just hate those damn endless stairs :grumpy:

If you have any recommendations of places to go and things to do, please share! Also, if you have any pics of the area that you took yourself, feel free to post. I'd like to stay there for at least 1 or 2 days before the show. After that show I'll probably head straight to Hannover.

I probably didn't explore as much as I could have, due to jet lag. They have river boat cruises, and I visited some towns outside the city which have the older architecture. They also specialize in eiswein. Downtown has a good pedestrian area for restaurants, etc.

Most of the downtown looks modern:

But they also have some older buildings:

But the outer towns have more:

And I'll go to Munich by train, I love the stadium, the accoustics is much better than in most other stadiums. I just hate those damn endless stairs :grumpy:

3746035142_7aafee7f2e.jpg

I'm glad that I tried it out at least once before the u2 concert :lol: :crack:

^Hahaa!
I think the worst thing about it is that the stairs are very small, you can’t even set your feet on it. But there are still people who fear nothing and ran like it’s a normal GA entrance. I was like, what? I waited all day in line and now this? It was really hard to see all the people who were already on the field while you’re high up in the stairs and the number of stairs you still have to go just do not decrease…it is endless. I think for u2 it’s gonna be a real mess. (I just hope they won’t let too many people on the stairs again.):huh:

Would have been nice to have been warned ahead of time about the stairs! Im sorry but that is sheer craziness with trying to run on those damn things. Hope they use their heads with how many they let on the stairs at a time.

I'm definitely avoiding GA in Munich this time, I still have a trauma of screaming for help at the top of my lungs last tour. It was insane! so either seats or I'll just go there after doors open.

I have been to a couple of concerts in the Munich stadium, including U2 in 2005, I know about the stairs and I'm still scared whenever I see them. I'm not a good runner, and if I have to run down those stairs I just start to panick. The best thing is: Do not look down to the field while running, look at your feet and at every single step you're taking, otherwise it will be very dangerous, because you see all the people running into the FOS area and still have so many steps in front of you. It's just :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom