August 10, 2010 Commerzbank Arena, Frankfurt DE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there will be people going around the stadium trying to sell tickets, and there should also be tickets avaliable up to the day of the stadium.

can you buy tickets at the stadium itself? I would never buy a scalped ticket from someone out the front, too afraid they are fake and in German how would i know! haha
I think we'll just wait to the day and i'll keep checking online to make sure there are some left.

thanks everyone!

If there are leftovers they are being sold at the stadium vendors.
The risk of buying fake tickets is very low. You can always ask to see the ticket before buying it, so you can also see its face value. Even though it's a German ticket, the design is pretty simple to read even for foreigners. You should be able to tell if it's an original or fake. But usually the people running around have original tickets. After all, there is also police around the venues.

Right. I've bought tickets to many shows from people in front of the stadium. Usually the price is lower the later you buy, because they don't want to keep their spare tickets. I have never been sold a fake ticket. Every time I was able to take a look at the ticket before I payed. My experience is that you will always end up with a ticket and inside the stadium, watching the show. I've never heard from anyone who could not get in because there were no tickets available. There are hundreds of people in front of and around the stadium who sell tickets at the day of the show.

I believe I've got a spare GA ticket for the Frankfurt show. That is, unless my friend can't come with me.. If anyone is interested, send me a message, ok?

Ok so its a week away, and more tickets have popped up on the ticket site, so thats a good thing!

Is there official ticket sellers at the venue? We land about 10.30am and im thinking of going straight to the hotel, then out to the venue to buy a ticket then, rather then wait around till 7pm etc.

Unless someone is selling a Red zone ticket! hahaha

its exciting, especially if te HMTMKMKM rumours are true! :drool:

Are you arriving on concert day? I will be in the city from Sunday evening, so will be a lot of other fans from this forum. I don't know if they will sell any "official" tickets at the venue, but there should be a lot of people selling tickets around the stadium, so you will definitely get one. Good luck and have a good trip to Frankfurt! :wave:

Does anyone know how the que system is going to be and where the GA-people will gather? I wouldn't want to stay outside the stadium the whole day just to find out I'm at the wrong place :lol:

Does anyone know how the que system is going to be and where the GA-people will gather? I wouldn't want to stay outside the stadium the whole day just to find out I'm at the wrong place :lol:

We called the venue office last week to ask for such things hence last year it was very shitty at the Bruce Sprinbsteen concert.
They are also still awaiting information by the security firm. We will call back at the end of this week and let you know here as soon as we know which entrances are the ones for GA.

Usually it's the entrance where most people are sitting or standing in the afternoon :wink:

I haven't been to this stadium in years, but I remember it from the early 90s, we had to run for about half a mile to even get into the stadium, and then long stairways down to the field, it was horrible :huh: Does anyone know if it's still like that?

Our stadium in Vienna, on the other hand, is quite easy to handle, no steps or staircases, no long runs, you go in and are directly at the field. However, with U2 it also depends where they set up the stage, usually it's on the long side of the stadium.

Hello everyone,

The concert is now exactly 7 days away. Can't wait ! Is there anyone else arriving in Frankfurt on the Monday evening ? Any Interference gathering scheduled ?

Wow that map looks confusing.. Are the E1 and E2 entrances underground entrances where you'll need to walk a really long distance to get to the stadion itself? If that is the case, I really hope that the E3 entrance is the GA entrance

^ That's what I'm scared of, because the way I remember this particular stadium from years ago, you have to run long distances and down quite a number of stairs to even get on the field, and then you still have to run to the stage. Thank God I've already started to do proper training :lol:

But seriously, does anyone know for sure? I guess we'll check out the entrances the evening before. We plan to go there anyway in case the band is rehearsing.

And maybe there is one GA entrance that will open earlier - the one where you have to run longer. Usually more people are gathered at that entrance and less on the other entrance, though out of experience I can tell you that the gate issue is never really solved like it's supposed to be. Usually they open all gates at the same time and usually either surprisingly early or too late.

Let the excitement begin. Claw is already being built. I guess Claw number 3 will shortly be constructed in Hannover. :love:

Hey Loftarasa , Mofothethird here:wave:.

I think its just going to be a "Run for your life and don't get squashed situation"

I wonder is there's gonna be someone organizing the line? Number systems can be really helpful,
if there is a decent organisation.

I'm taking black waterproof markers with me in case nobody is organizing the line before us. I HOPE someone will though, since I have no clue where the start of the line should be. :lol: And I see nobody else knows either.

:crack: Wow that map is a real help too, what a messy stadium plan.

Yes, it says opening stadium at 4pm. That's quite early, not bad!

BRILLIANT!!!! THIS it also says!!

Your concert ticket is a "combi-ticket". You can use this as a free day pass for unlimited travel in the association area of the RMV.

Essen und Getränke
Pro Person dürfen bis zu 0,5 Liter in Tetra Pak mitgenommen werden. PET-Flaschen sind aus Sicherheitsgründen nicht erlaubt. Speisen dürfen in „weicher“ Verpackung, nicht in u. a. Tupperware mitgenommen werden.

We're allowed to take food and drink! BRILLIANT!

That's great. I remember the chaos with the 0,5 l bottles last year :doh:

Tetra Pak is fine, I'll get myself one of these before going to the stadium. And 4 p. m. is pretty cool, too! :up: I tend to think that it doesn't make much sense to queue up too early. We never came to any stadium before midday/early afternoon last year and always ended up in front of the stage.

And yes, it's pretty normal that a concert ticket can also be used for public transport in the city.

Wow, so the trip from Frankfurt HBH to the stadium is free if you have a ticket for the show? I had no idea! :hyper:

Using black marker to organize the queue never works at gigs, I think anyway. The first people that get there just need to make sure everybody actually forms a line and it's not one big bulk of people standing there, it worked well at Gelsenkirchen completely without any numbers or lists. A couple of barriers to form the queue is always helpful obviously but some venues don't get that I guess :shifty:

There seem to be tunnels at Frankfurt though, so hopefully no stairs, they rebuild the whole stadium in 2006 so I guess they changed that. But apparantly even from E3 it's still quite a way to run. Looks like at past gigs you could also get in at other entrances, but you'll have to run around the whole stadium to get in. Might be a good idea for people who arrive late and if there's a big crowd at E3 already.

Usually it's the entrance where most people are sitting or standing in the afternoon :wink:

I haven't been to this stadium in years, but I remember it from the early 90s, we had to run for about half a mile to even get into the stadium, and then long stairways down to the field, it was horrible :huh: Does anyone know if it's still like that?

Our stadium in Vienna, on the other hand, is quite easy to handle, no steps or staircases, no long runs, you go in and are directly at the field. However, with U2 it also depends where they set up the stage, usually it's on the long side of the stadium.

I don't know the stadium. It has been renovated for the World Cup, so it might be a little different from the early 90s. But judging from the map it's still quite a walk to the pitch.

I think its just going to be a "Run for your life and don't get squashed situation"

Be careful with that here in Germany. :wink:

Why still the limitation in size of tetra pak containers? Yes, I know, so we have to pay 4€ for drinks inside. But still. .5 is such a small amount. So stocking up on drinks, having enough before entrance and then bringing the .5 paks inside. That said, I'm not sure if I have ever seen such small tetra paks here before, but I know there is also small ones.

^ Yes there are, but it's not enough for me :grumpy: I need to drink much more, especially if it's warm/hot and if I have to run for miles to even get into that damned stadium. I'm a little worried about that, but if I can handle these endless horrible stairs in the Olympic Stadium in Munich, I think I can handle the Frankfurt marathon as well :lol:

Yes, it's true. Well, you can bring anything you like to the stadium, and then save a pak and some sandwich or so for the time inside the stadium. :)

Last edited:
I'm taking black waterproof markers with me in case nobody is organizing the line before us. I HOPE someone will though, since I have no clue where the start of the line should be. :lol: And I see nobody else knows either.

:crack: Wow that map is a real help too, what a messy stadium plan.

We could always use the marker to doddle weird u2 things, but yes ,
always better than nothing. So no 1L tetra packs alowed? stink , that would have been the best way to sneak my camera in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom