Assawoman, Virginia Stupidthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're the resident pedant, it's your fault.

I was racing out the door as the thread was made, and nearly missed my bloody tram!

I got some new angles of the Telstra Dome today. Went for a bit of a walk around its northwestern end. Would've gone further but it was fucking hot and I think I'm lightly sunburnt as it is.

Traviud. :wave:

I should be mailing cards, but I still haven't got them out of my bag after my trip :shh:

I might be finishing my cards on the train and mailing them as New Year's cards.

Feel free to take forever mailing one to me, since I won't be back until the 4th of January.

It probably says many bad things to be drunk and watching the blue collar comedy tour

Hey, you know that American-style restaurant I mentioned I was being dragged to today, and you wondered what exactly differentiated American food? Well, now I can tell you! It's ostensibly themed as a fifties diner but doesn't really look like it. There was cricket on the TV, which cracked me up. As for the food, it was mostly burgers and more burgers, nachos, hot dogs (including things like chilli dogs and corn dogs that aren't so well known here), a couple of "Texas style" desserts (I presume just code for "fucking large"); I had a Philly cheesesteak that wasn't as good as those I had in the US, even though the place is run by a woman from Philadelphia. Or maybe Pittsburgh. Or maybe it just said Pennsylvania. I don't remember.

oh man, you can't even go mail them? :tsk: well, are they all written and addressed? if not then i can see why.

at least i'm finished with all my shopping.

I'm low on stamps, international air stickers and I haven't quite finished writing them.

I was going to write them all on the plane on the flight TO Wellington, but in all of my brilliance I held onto the cards but put my pen in my bag, which I put in the overhead bin.

I must confess (and this is NOT something I want to say in EYKIW at this juncture), I'm really not all that excited about the new U2 album yet. At all. It's partially because I've already been excited 4-5 times about it and gotten burned each time (I fear it has become a sick form of aversion therapy at this point), and partially because there won't be any chance of a leak for another couple of months, which means we still have January to deal with...the most boring month on the calendar. Maybe the first single will arouse my interest, but receiving a release date that we should have gotten 4 months ago doesn't particularly excite me.

Hey, you know that American-style restaurant I mentioned I was being dragged to today, and you wondered what exactly differentiated American food? Well, now I can tell you! It's ostensibly themed as a fifties diner but doesn't really look like it. There was cricket on the TV, which cracked me up. As for the food, it was mostly burgers and more burgers, nachos, hot dogs (including things like chilli dogs and corn dogs that aren't so well known here), a couple of "Texas style" desserts (I presume just code for "fucking large"); I had a Philly cheesesteak that wasn't as good as those I had in the US, even though the place is run by a woman from Philadelphia. Or maybe Pittsburgh. Or maybe it just said Pennsylvania. I don't remember.

Hahaha.

Was it a liquid lunch?

I'm low on stamps, international air stickers and I haven't quite finished writing them.

I was going to write them all on the plane on the flight TO Wellington, but in all of my brilliance I held onto the cards but put my pen in my bag, which I put in the overhead bin.
ahh, that sucks. but you mailed mine, that's all that matters.

I must confess (and this is NOT something I want to say in EYKIW at this juncture), I'm really not all that excited about the new U2 album yet. At all. It's partially because I've already been excited 4-5 times about it and gotten burned each time (I fear it has become a sick form of aversion therapy at this point), and partially because there won't be any chance of a leak for another couple of months, which means we still have January to deal with...the most boring month on the calendar. Maybe the first single will arouse my interest, but receiving a release date that we should have gotten 4 months ago doesn't particularly excite me.

I've not been excited about it yet.

Give me music and tour dates and I'll probably become Axver circa 2004.

i know what you mean. i'm surprised how little news there's been, and they're not even doing the new thing "hey, we're releasing a new album....tomorrow!" it's just...lame.

Hahaha.

Was it a liquid lunch?
i could say something, but i'll just have my ice cream and m&ms instead.

I can't decide whether to be offended our depressed

Give me music and tour dates and I'll probably become Axver circa 2004.

I eagerly await this.

I think I'm sufficiently unexcited to make Traviud look fairly enthusiastic. After how completely Bono's vocals put me off in I Believe In Father Christmas, my expectations hit rock-bottom. VDL helped a little, but still, I have no intention of buying the album at this stage.

(I won't be too shocked if I go back on that just to be a completist.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom