Arrested Development

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad makes me watch American Idol. Bo Bice sucked me in last season, I'll admit.

LOOK AT THE SEAL IN THE BACKGROUND!!!! :lol:
My most proudest achievement. That and Bono's impressive happy trail.
Someone get me on his payroll.

PlaTheGreat said:
I cleared my schedule of studying so that I could watch it tonight. 30 minutes are reserved!

you gotta watch the full hour. Even though the last half is old. I will and
I have a physics exam tommorow.

Arrested Development going bye-bye is sad as hell, but, this is the 3rd year in a row that the program has garnered poor ratings. Fox has actually kept it on the air 10 episodes longer than any other show with similar ratings would have lasted, Emmy recognition or not. Sometimes, critics and people like ourselves, who enjoy a program, are simply robbed of shows like this because the American viewing public would rather watch Yes Dear or CSI: Newark . Don't solely blame Fox for this, blame Joe Schmo in Des Moines or Jane Doe in Duluth for simply not watching. Programs like American Idol might "suck", but it was the highest rated program on TV last year by far and will be again this year, most likely. TV's a business first and foremost, and AD is, sadly, bad business. I hope it gets picked up elsewhere, but, it's such an expensive show to shoot, so my hopes are not high for that to actually occcur. I'll just enjoy what's left of the program and thank goodness I'll always have the show on DVD.

I want a dried out turtle.
That was the funniest thing I've ever seen.

One of you speedies make me an icon of that turtle.

Argh. I need to watch it again while finals aren't looming over my head.

Duuuuuuuuuude I had AD season 2 in my hands today at Best Buy but I had to buy gifts instead.
They are MINE after the holidays.

Lipton with his shirt undone was priceless.

Queen Bee said:

Yes!

Dude, and what's up with Tobias! :yikes:
\

I know. I hope he gets rid of the transplant he is really starting to scare me.

Another brilliant AD episode tonight. These writers never fail to amuse me.

Queen Bee said:
And Lucille was particularly disgusting: "I wanna cry so bad... but I don't think I can spare the moisture."

:eeklaugh:

Edit: "Tube of Vagis...titable paste!"

:yuck:

Lucille's follow up after embracing George Sr, " I'm so glad I didn't cry" and Michael's response "I didn't need to hear that"

:lmao:

And at the end where GOB is watching his parents in the conjugal visit trailer again, "I think I've been here before", classic stuff.

Showtime may book 'Arrested'

Will the pay TV environs of Showtime be a friendlier place for the Emmy-winning comedy "Arrested Development"? Word around town this week is that Showtime is in talks with "Arrested" producers 20th Century Fox TV and Imagine TV about picking up the comedy from creator/executive producer Mitch Hurwitz. Sources stressed that the talks are still exploratory and that it would be a big financial commitment on Showtime's part to pick up the show in its current form with a large ensemble cast that includes Jason Bateman, Jeffrey Tambor, Portia de Rossi, Jessica Walter and Will Arnett. "Arrested" was an instant hit with critics following its debut on Fox in late 2003, but the show never could pull in much of a crowd during its run on Fox Broadcasting Co., even after it won the Emmy for best comedy series in 2004. Last month, Fox threw in the towel, cutting its episode order for "Arrested's" third season from its initial 22-episode ticket to 13 (HR 11/11). Reps for Showtime, 20th and Imagine declined comment late Tuesday.

ABC too :hmm:

ABC and Showtime Pursuing Arrested?
Source: Variety

Fox still hasn't officially canceled Arrested Development, but if it does, other networks are interested in the show, reports Variety.

Both ABC and Showtime have had conversations with 20th Century Fox TV and indicated they're open to making a deal for new episodes of the critically beloved, Emmy-winning comedy from creator Mitch Hurwitz. No formal negotiations have taken place, and there are still numerous hurdles that might prevent such a move -- including the show's hefty pricetag.

Showtime is said to be in particularly hot pursuit of the ratings-challenged comedy, now on life support at Fox. Series' third-season order was recently cut to 13 episodes.

The trade says that Fox has already deficited millions in order to produce the show, which costs about $1.6 million per half-hour to produce. It's believed Fox deficits about $400,000 per episode.

I'm gonna be slightly mad if it goes to Showtime. Slightly. A little bit.
I guess I can always buy the DVDs later.
:sad:

ABC would be nice, as I dont get showtime. But even if they put it on showtime, I can always download them or buy the DVDS. Wow im suprised to see that fox loses that much money on one episode. I guess showtime or ABC would have to make it alot cheaper to produce a show in order for them to pick it up.

Where would ABC put the show?

on one of the decaying Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday comedy primetimes?

or will they put it on Sundays and move Desperate Housewives to compete against CBS's Monstrosity of a Thursday Line-Up

I'm hoping for NBC or Showtime to pick it up, but the show is the same and they don't try and do crazy cussing and nudity stuff

then i won't be able to watch it again

Episode description for Monday's new episode.

"Making a Stand" - December 19, 2005
Michael and Gob set out to teach their father a lesson for his years of pitting them against each other; Lindsay and Tobias compete over Bob Loblaw; Lucille's post-op appearance from her biannual facelift inspires Maeby a new idea for a horror movie.

The return of J. Walter Weatherman, guys! :hyper:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom