are you ready for a new FOOTBALL THREAD?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
World Cup Qualification is sweeeeet.....

Hopefully we get drawn with the Poms so we can show them how to play football again, like we did at Upton Park 5 years or so ago....

The draw for the Confederations Cup is pretty ridiculous: Spain-South Africa-New Zealand-Iraq in one group, Brazil-Italy-USA-Egypt in the other. I'm pretty sure Spain's U-20 team could win their group.

World Cup Qualification is sweeeeet.....

Hopefully we get drawn with the Poms so we can show them how to play football again, like we did at Upton Park 5 years or so ago....

if you seriously think coming up against England in a world cup tournament would be anything like a meaningless friendly you need therapy, but I'd be glad to see England in a group with that bunch of footballing no-hopers, you should stick to egg chucking, & cricket, cos when it comes to football you'll always be in the same category as scotland, small time, pathetic losers, who equate an odd friendly victory over England to winning the world cup.

Now, to more serious matters, so ronaldo's gone, & all of a sudden United are a team in crisis if the press are to be believed, imo, great a players as he was, glad to see him go, if he wants to take a downward step at this stage of his career, thats his choice, no 1 player has or ever will be bigger than United, but he was starting to think he was, so thanks for the memories ronny, and watch as Fergie brings on the next player who, in a couple of years will become the best player in the world, ultimately I think ronaldo will regret leaving, I was at OT the day the lad made his debut, & what I saw was a young kid with great pace, lightning fast step overs, but little end product, it was SAF, & the coaching staff who turned him into the best player in the world, cos at United he had time to develop his undoubted natural skill, but at Real time is a commodity in very short supply, & if he doesn't start producing the goods from the off, it could all go tits up very quickly for him, but not to worry too much ronny, that massive club in the council house across the city will no doubt offer you the world to help end their trophy drought, & you'll have tevez to keep you company.

if you seriously think coming up against England in a world cup tournament would be anything like a meaningless friendly you need therapy, but I'd be glad to see England in a group with that bunch of footballing no-hopers, you should stick to egg chucking, & cricket, cos when it comes to football you'll always be in the same category as scotland, small time, pathetic losers, who equate an odd friendly victory over England to winning the world cup.

:lmao:

you hold tightly on to '66 tightly now!

Well we weren't fielding a fresh XI for each half of football. Who does that really?

Euro 2008 was fun wasn't it?

you can't even defend england when it comes to sport! :lol:

can we please use the term 'soccer' instead of 'football' in the new thread please, it degrades our real version.

:wink: :D

Aussie Rules football is the gayest sport in the world

He begs to differ:

us-2005-weir.jpg

:lmao:

you hold tightly on to '66 tightly now!

You must have some jock in you right, the only people I know who try to taunt English fans with that old chestnut are jocks, or are the aussie's becoming as bitter as our skirt wearing northern neighbours?

Aussie Rules football is the gayest sport in the world

there, i said it
please explain.
foul3_gallery__470x290.jpg

if you're going to argue about manliness, and claim that aussie rules is 'the gayest'.

if he'd jumped any further he would have flung himself off the pitch completely.

and besides, that event has nothing on 'the stink'.

1064d1087152685-hope-we-re-not-going-to-hear-about-football-for-2-3-weeks-hopoates_finger.jpg

You must have some jock in you right, the only people I know who try to taunt English fans with that old chestnut are jocks, or are the aussie's becoming as bitter as our skirt wearing northern neighbours?

Must have. Still gets to you lot. You can try and fend it off all you like. What do we "AUSSIES" have to be bitter about? :lol: :lol:

I really don't see what accidental dackings really have to do with whether one sport is better than the other. Which is pretty damn subjective... as it is, I think Soccer more often than not turns out to be one of the more boring 'football's of the earth. Still, when the calling arises, I'll still respect a good game of it, and support my team, rather than be a jackass about it.

if he'd jumped any further he would have flung himself off the pitch completely.

Euro 2008, Netherlands vs. Italy. Dutch free kick goes up, Italy goalkeeper and defender collide lightly with a Netherlands attacker in the area (Dutch guy doesn't touch them). Italy defender goes rolling past the endline, ball eventually comes back in to Ruud van Nistelrooy who scores and would have been offside if not for the "injured" Italian defender.

YouTube - Netherlands Italy 3-0

Ok Aussie rules is a load of shit
like rugby - glad england are crap at it

Football, cricket and tennis are brilliant

Ok Aussie rules is a load of shit

How would you know anyway mate, it's like us Aussies saying we know whether Hurling is good or not, when only really the Irish have access to it.

Playing Aussie Rules is amazing...great fun.

Just got back from Aussie v Japan (there is nothing better than international football, an amazing night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom