Anyone file for Conservatorship?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
Has anyone here filed for Conservatorship for another? I'm just starting the process for my own father and am researching the legal aspects. I was hoping to get perspective from anyone who has gone through this before.

Thanks.

What is it, exactly? It sounds like full guardianship rights and all that caper, but I hope everything works out, with whatever is going on.
:(

Angela Harlem said:
What is it, exactly? It sounds like full guardianship rights and all that caper, but I hope everything works out, with whatever is going on.
:(

It is a legal way to take over for the care and finances of another. It is typically used when a person has Alzheimer's or dementia.

I'm headed down this route as my dad has Alzheimer's, but does not want to live in an Assisted Living Facility. But many of the day to day functions we accomplish are getting beyond him.

My parents have some kind of specialized Power of Attorney (I am not sure what the exact Conservatorship is called in Canada) over my grandmother, who has Alzheimer's.

They are keeping her at home with them (although they do have home aides coming in to help) because they are loathe to put her into a Facility - it's really uncommon among people of their ethnicity and so they're still uncomfortable with this Western idea. Anyway, they needed it to enroll her in certain experimental drug studies (Phase III I believe), because she could not make the decision for herself anymore.

Back
Top Bottom