Any Advice? Ladies OR Gents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallDownJulie

General purpose wench
Just to let you know this is a personal thing, and not U2 related, but you guys seem to be some of the best people to come to for things like this.

ok, i am not good at this sort of thing at all and i am really embarassed as it is to be asking about it, but hey~ that's the best part of PLEBA~ no need to be embarassed here, right?

i am a royal wuss when it comes to things like the opposite sex. here's the story, so please share any advice you have:

i went in to work today to pick up my check, and ran into my friend. well, she had a whole barrel full of news for me, some of it i'm looking for help with.

1) Tim was let go. he only has two weeks left.

(i work at a plant nursery, and they let a lot of people go at this time of the year because they're low on cash and customers, and Tim is a guy i've been wanting forever but never knew HOW to ask him out or had the confidence to)

2) He is seeing someone.

(normally i wouldn't want to do anything because of this, but he's leaving in 2 weeks and i've liked him longer than i'd like to admit (tho Mona should know))

any advice on what to ask him out to do, maybe as friends, or how to ask for his number, or anything else you'd like to contribute?

if you want to know what i'm like, i'm an Edge~ extremely shy, 'cept i'm not someone every guy would be drooling over.

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:

Just to let you know this is a personal thing, and not U2 related, but you guys seem to be some of the best people to come to for things like this.

ok, i am not good at this sort of thing at all and i am really embarassed as it is to be asking about it, but hey~ that's the best part of PLEBA~ no need to be embarassed here, right?

i am a royal wuss when it comes to things like the opposite sex. here's the story, so please share any advice you have:

i went in to work today to pick up my check, and ran into my friend. well, she had a whole barrel full of news for me, some of it i'm looking for help with.

1) Tim was let go. he only has two weeks left.

(i work at a plant nursery, and they let a lot of people go at this time of the year because they're low on cash and customers, and Tim is a guy i've been wanting forever but never knew HOW to ask him out or had the confidence to)

2) He is seeing someone.

(normally i wouldn't want to do anything because of this, but he's leaving in 2 weeks and i've liked him longer than i'd like to admit (tho Mona should know))

any advice on what to ask him out to do, maybe as friends, or how to ask for his number, or anything else you'd like to contribute?

if you want to know what i'm like, i'm an Edge~ extremely shy, 'cept i'm not someone every guy would be drooling over.

how serious is he with the person that he is seeing?

If he's already seeing somebody, I hate to say it, but you should probably leave him be. I know it sucks, but there isn't much you can do, unless it is just a casual relationship that they have.

Of course, you could always just be friends with this guy...unless you feel that you like him too much to do that, meaning that you would drive yourself crazy thinking about him all the time.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:

how serious is he with the person that he is seeing?

that's the thing! i have no idea. i just heard from my friend that he said he is, though i doubt they've been dating long and it sounds like he may not be that into her. i'm not sure, though

Bonochick:
If he's already seeing somebody, I hate to say it, but you should probably leave him be. I know it sucks, but there isn't much you can do, unless it is just a casual relationship that they have.

Of course, you could always just be friends with this guy...unless you feel that you like him too much to do that, meaning that you would drive yourself crazy thinking about him all the time.

well, that's what i was thinking. maybe i could just be friends with him first, in fact i'd rather have it that way, but i'm not sure how to ask without it sounding like a date.

------------------
~Julie*

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

well, that's what i was thinking. maybe i could just be friends with him first, in fact i'd rather have it that way, but i'm not sure how to ask without it sounding like a date.

well, if I were you, i would approach him with a casual conversation and let him know that you are sorry to hear that he is being let go and that you would hope to stay in touch after he leaves. I would just try to be friends with him and see where that leads. Not knowing how serious he is with this girl, can be trouble, so to play it safe, I would try to be friends. I am not sure if this is what you wanted to hear.

no, that's great! i'm just so retarded when it comes to guys
smile.gif

------------------
~Julie*

well, if I were you, i would approach him with a casual conversation and let him know that you are sorry to hear that he is being let go and that you would hope to stay in touch after he leaves.

This sounds good. That way you'll have an excuse to call him and see how he's doing, whether he's found a new job or not.

------------------
...the highway speaks of deserts dry...

well, if I were you, i would approach him with a casual conversation and let him know that you are sorry to hear that he is being let go and that you would hope to stay in touch after he leaves. I would just try to be friends with him and see where that leads. Not knowing how serious he is with this girl, can be trouble, so to play it safe, I would try to be friends. I am not sure if this is what you wanted to hear.

that's very sound advice MVD_75, i couldn't have said it better myself.
smile.gif

one more thing.....try not to go into anything with 'set expectations' about the outcome, just go with what feels right. you can't go wrong that way!
i hope it works out for you Julie!
smile.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
She is the dreamer....she's imagination

If he's leaving, that gives you a GREAT non-date excuse to ask him out for a bite to eat or a drink or something. Like a going-away party. Or maybe organize a going-away thing for him including other coworkers! That would make it very non-threatening and you get to know him socially, etc.
smile.gif

-sula

Thanks so much, you guys! I'm laughing at myself because you're giving me these great answers that are so simple and should have come to me easily! i did warn you what a goof i am about this sort of thing, tho!
smile.gif

thanks again, SO much! *hugs*

we'll see what happens!

(i'm not closing the discussion, tho, incase anyone else has any suggestions to add
smile.gif
)

PLEBAn~ a cousellor, consoler, mother, sister, friend, and more.
biggrin.gif

------------------
~Julie*

i will
smile.gif

thanks again!

------------------
~Julie*

*Julie wallows in Profrockian moment*

1. This is MONA, the girl who LITERALLY fell on the Rapmaster's FEET Sophomore year. LITERALLY. It was red shirt day. Then there was the windmill incident....and the whole muffin thing...

2. This is MONA, the girl who has a tally behind her U2 calendar of people she's scared away.

3. This is MONA, the girl who never had the *guts* to do anything to fix leftover stuff from Soph. year until she had the encouragement of a TOTAL stranger from across the U.S. (cheers, Echo, cheers)

4. This is MONA who spilled the popcorn and likes to yell out HUMP! when she sees a speed bump. OMD There are DEER on this road?....OMD THERE ARE CHILDREN ON SEESAWS ON THIS READ? AUUGG!!

And I am telling you to DO something, child! MAKE ME A SAMMICH bc he likes to eat the sammich. lol well no.

Either that or have me go undercover. I will use my charms to *woo* him. Not to mention the shining balls hanging from the ceiling.

I just spilled hot tea on my crotch like Edge. LMAO I ruined Julie's thread AND my pants. Anyway, go fall on his feet. It'll work. DO SOMETHING, man! *guts**guts* If Echo taught me one thing, it was the importance of having *guts* AND USIN' them. Man.

------------------
~*Mona*~
a litle girl with Spanish eyes

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

Originally posted by WildHonee:
1. This is MONA, the girl who LITERALLY fell on the Rapmaster's FEET Sophomore year. LITERALLY. It was red shirt day. Then there was the windmill incident....and the whole muffin thing...

Anyway, go fall on his feet. It'll work.

LMAO!! ok, i'll use my guts (that could be pretty gross.... nm).

but, em... when YOU tripped over a man, he ran away to another school...

------------------
~Julie*

LMAO!! ok, i'll use my guts (that could be pretty gross.... nm).

but, em... when YOU tripped over a man, he ran away to another school...

Ooo. (not ew)

NOT

EVEN.

OMD
frown.gif

Sarverino and I are working this out.

*GUTS* are good.

------------------
~*Mona*~

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

i've been trying to work on the whole guts thing lately too.

------------------
~Julie*

julie and mona, you two (...U2...) are so cute when you go off together. none of us know what you're talking about, but it's so cute.

good luck, julie.
smile.gif

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

I'll go one more with this: maybe y'all can exchange email accounts (heck doesn't everybody have one?) and as the Web tends to take a lot of the one-on-one human contact out of things...maybe you could send him an email with a little "suggestion" about going out for lunch or coffee or whatever.

Ah, dating in the cyberspace...it's the wave of the future! (insert Jetsons themesong here)

MONA: *raises hand*

SARVERINO: Yes, Mona.

MONA: We should get Tim to join PLEBA.

SARVERINO: That's nice, dear. Is your...hair a bit poofier than usual there?

MONA: OH, Sarverino. THAT'S not possible.

SARVERINO: Why is Julie ramming her head into the file cabinet?

MONA: Who knows. Just so long as Tim joins PLEBA, it don't mean a thing if you ain't got the swing, hey hey!

SARVERINO:...

SOULMATE: *Bono hair* Listen, did you check out my tapered pants?

MONA: *trample* Oopsie I stepped on you.

SOULMATE: Is that girl OK?

MONA: What? Who?

SOULMATE: Well she's trying to jump out a window.

MONA: O, THAT. Well Tim joined PLEBA, so....*swipe*

SOULMATE: Goo!!!!

LMAO Byrne had a dream where she was in love with some guy who works with U2. I was like OO Is it DALLAS?

Em. Wed. Wed. Wed.! *rides the carousel*

------------------
~*Mona*~

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

LMAO!!! i would be ramming my head into a file cabinet!

*imagines Tim joining PLEBA*

ohhhhhh, dear.

------------------
~Julie*

LMAO!!! i would be ramming my head into a file cabinet!

*imagines Tim joining PLEBA*

ohhhhhh, dear.

Soulmates like to touch people's arms. That's how you know your destiny.
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

i hate men. and they think WE send complex signals!!!

(btw~ not in response to your post, mona~lol)

------------------
~Julie*

Originally posted by Discoteque:
I'll go one more with this: maybe y'all can exchange email accounts (heck doesn't everybody have one?) and as the Web tends to take a lot of the one-on-one human contact out of things...maybe you could send him an email with a little "suggestion" about going out for lunch or coffee or whatever.

Lol! I was about to post that!

If you email him you can think about what you are going to say beforehand... and you don't have the whole stress of having to call him. But best of luck to ya - sure it will work out fine!
smile.gif

Hee hee...

Well, if you want the advise of a man-slut (which I just so happen to be), I say...

JUMP
ON
HIM.

But, that's just me. Honestly, I have no good advice to give that hasn't already been said. As someone who hasn't had a serious relationship since July of 2000, and even then, I screwed it up, I'm probably not a good source for romantic advise.

Although, they say "Those who can't do, teach."

------------------
ScottPhisto
The Man-Slut of PLEBA
Only $0.65 each!!!

Jello Lord

Scottphisto vending machines. Now everywhere inside the famous PLEBA Mansion, fullfilling all your Scottphisto needs!

"I'm not wearing any underwear! Now gimmie a cookie!!" -Unknown
Is this love? Or is it just rough sex with Michael Douglas?
EAT ME!! I'M A SPEACIALTY BREAD!!

ScottPhisto~ LOL!!

Spinny~ LOL!

*Julie takes notes*

#1- get drunk...

thanks for the advice, everyone! hope i can do it with out tripping over feet (his or my own) or blushing like mad and bein' Edgie.

------------------
~Julie*

I used to be like you, very shy with guys, and I could never work up the courage to approach them. I had lots of Male friends, but with Boyfriends I always waited till they made the first move. Well I had a crush on this guy all through high school. It wasn't anything serious, as we both had other girl/boyfriends, but I did think that he was an incredible guy. After high school we became closer friends, and my crush developed further. One night I was really drunk, and I invited him over to my house, and kissed him. This was five years ago, and we are looking for an apartment together now, and talking about marriage and kids.

I am not suggesting that you get drunk, but what I am saying is that:

a)if you are friends with him now, that doesn't mean that there is no future together, in fact, it gives you something to build a relationship on. Bono and Ali were friends first!!!

b)when/if he is single then you should just take the plunge. Perhaps he has been feeling the same way about you. It doesn't hurt to try!!

Good Luck!! Keep us all updated on what you decide, and how it goes!!

------------------
Official Dog-Walker of the ScottPhisto Society

I don't mean to be arrogant, but ...I do feel that we are meant to be one of the great groups. - Bono, Rolling Stone, 1981

~*~UPDATE~*~

ok. here's the story. since i found out the info, i had two weeks before he left, and one day out of those 2 weeks that i would be seeing him. my point~ one day, once chance. that's it. that day was yesterday.

you guys'll laugh at the last part

YESTERDAY:

i saw him at work, talked to him several times. had a 30 second chance to ask him. wussed out and failed. tried to catch him before he left at the end of the day, but missed.

funny part about it, though~ at the end of the day one of the things i had on my mind~ "oh, no! i'm such a wuss! what will the PLEBA girls think??" LOL!

HOWEVER....

TODAY:

*summary*

*GUTS*

JULIE: *looks up # in phone book* *calls tim*
hi, wanna hang out some time? how about this movie?

TIM: not so sure my girlfriend would like that. wait. what's your email? here's mine.

JULIE: ok, so maybe we can hang out later.

TIM: sure

the end.

biggrin.gif

i just need ideas for what we can do in a town where there's nothing to do! lol!

well, thank you all for your wonderful advice. i love you all so much and knew i could depend on you! *HUGS*

------------------
~Julie*

[BTIM: not so sure my girlfriend would like that. wait. what's your email? here's mine.

JULIE: ok, so maybe we can hang out later.

TIM: sure
[/B]

That's cool! See you can build up a friendship with him and then move in when the gf is out of the picture!
smile.gif

------------------
And your earth moves beneath
Your own dream landscape

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

*sniff* Julie's a little homewrecker, too. I remember my fledgling homewrecking days. *sniff* They grow up so fast....

*NOSTALGIA*

Em....go to the movies! Or meander round White Flint. I can chaperone if you want. I'll be the Holy Spirit!
wink.gif

LMAO
BRAK: I was in a diner and there was a guy who said he hadn't eaten in days, SO I BIT 'IM!!!!!!!!!

It has to be something tragically public, otherwise he'll be like

"DOOD She's gettin' all MONA on me."

and you'll be like "MONA! Get off him!"

and he'll be like "That's not what I meant"

and you'll be like *sweatshirt thing*

and he'll be like "What's with the vernacular here?"

and you'll be like "BUY ME A JOSHUA TREE!!"

and.....and....well it really depends on WHAT you're trying to accomplish.

Like me wanting to resolve things from Sophomore year with my Ex-Soulmate. Something will get done about it, with a GINORMOUS amount Sarverino's help, due to Echo's encouragement!!!!, but everytime she's like "What do you want to say" and I'm like "eee!! I DON'T KNOW!!!" So figure out what exactly you're trying to do, and be honest, and don't go back.

And either way your life will be Wild Horses, like mine.

Achtung Baby - Save My Soul.

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL

PLEBA: Saving heterosexuality, one woman at a time.

"What's good enough for Bono is good enough for me" ~Smooth Criminal

You give your life for rock n' roll

*Dating Tips From Dr. Bluey*

1. Do the "Foxy Lady" dance from Wayne's World for them, they LOVE that.

2. Men can usually be frightened into saying yes by the "direct approach"...Watch and learn:
Bluey: Hey, you!
Guy: Me?
Bluey: Wanna get married?
Guy:What?
Bluey: Okay... wanna go get a coffee?
Guy: Ummm, okay.
Bluey: Sweet! Okay bye!

If that doesn't work...

Bluey: Hey, you!
Guy: Me?
Bluey: Would you like to go out?
Guy: Ummm, no... you see I'm a shiny demon and you're only a lowly PLEBA girl with bad hair- *THUD...Bluey has used her "Dating Club" to knock "Guy" unconscious and she is now dragging him back to her cave by the horns*

I've also found that making them laugh helps... they loose muscle control if you make them giggle hard enough and that makes it easier to wrestle them into the trunk of your car without scratching their shiny gold shoes.

-Dr. Bluey

Back
Top Bottom