Any Achtung Babies Out There?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was born the year it came out :D

When i was very young, my mom would play Achtung baby on cassette in her car when she drove my brothers and i around london. At the time, it didn't make any kind of impression on me, but when i got into u2 myself (around when HTDAAB came out), i had a cool space in time where all these musical memories flooded back to me.

I distinctly remember the first thing was listening to the fly. It was when the chorus kicked in, with that organ, deep pounding bass, and Bono's falsetto. I remember thinking it was a weird song, an alien sound, but undeniably appealing... and that somehow i already knew it. I hadn't heard the song in over a decade, but i instantly remembered it, and felt transported back to my childhood. The other two main moments were zoo station (when bono's voice came in), and One (the grainy, distorted opening guitar, and the off-beat way Bono sings "carry each other, carry each other"). Random moments, but they jumped out at me instantly, and they still transport me to the early 90's.

It was pretty cool to be listening to Achtung baby as a teenager, and feeling like i was picking up where i left off. I suppose that album will always have sentimental value for me... it's basically the first album i heard. But even if that wasn't the case, i'd still love it, because it's awesome :up:

Just asked my parents about this:

Learned that my dad, a huge U2 fan, started playing Even Better Than The Real Thing during my delivery and then played One when my mother held me for the first time.

What is this

"Wait, honey! Don't hold him yet! No, wait! Gotta cue up the right track first ..... okayyyyy ..... NOW!"

I was born in November 1984, that makes me an Unforgettable Fire kid I suppose:hmm: My parents weren't U2 fans, but my dad went to see U2 on the Vertigo Tour (with me obviously) and he really liked it.

Does being born in '89 count? My parents weren't u2 fans, and I didn't discover them until years later. But after all that I did found out that one of the first songs I loved as a kid, possibly the first one, my parents don't quite remember. But they do remember I always was completely focussed staring at the tv or radio whenever "hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me" came up.

Guess deep down I was a fan at age 6. :wink:

I was born in April 1992 so I'm Achtung Baby I guess ... Or maybe Zooropa kid. I haven't any stories to tell because my parents weren't U2 fans and I became an U2 fan when I was 17 years old. Yeah, shame on me. :sigh:

i was in Korea back in 91-92, i cant say if i have any kids or not but its possible there are some f'd up half cartoon half Koreans over there who think Mr. Slave was there daddy...

Born at the end of 1992 I guess would make me somewhere between Achtung Baby and Zooropa. Neither of my parents were U2 fans, but it's a shame because they were there to see how awesome they were getting to be back then. I would go back in time if possible :lol:

Achtung Zooropa Baby.

Nope. I was 10 when I saw the WGRYWH video on MTV though. :cute:

bonokaraoke.jpg

U2-WhosGonnaRideyourWildHorsesVOB_t.jpg

I'm a Pop baby :( Would have loved to be Achtung, but I'll take what I'll get...

My dad was a U2 fan, though he doesn't like them anymore, and it was through him that I was introduced to them.

I consider myself a Passengers baby. :wink: I was born in 1995. Would have loved to been an Achtung Baby, given that my dad is a huge U2 fan.

I'm indeed an Achtung Baby, minus the fact that my parents are not U2 fans. Although my sister is and she's 10 years older than me? :p

I consider myself a Zooropa baby instead even though I was born in 1992.

Needless to say I still have a promotional Zooropa baby condom pack for future use, which is guaranteed to break for obvious reasons... that way my child will be able to say that he was a Zooropa-conceived baby as well.

I consider myself a Zooropa baby instead even though I was born in 1992.

Needless to say I still have a promotional Zooropa baby condom pack for future use, which is guaranteed to break for obvious reasons... that way my child will be able to say that he was a Zooropa-conceived baby as well.

Oh come on 92 is an Achtung Baby!

1992, so I'm an Achtung Baby :) Sadly, my dad was never a U2 fan (seriously, he has hundreds of lps and not a single U2 one...), so I grew up with the Rolling Stones, the Ramones and the Velvet Underground. Which is not that bad, but it isn't U2...

I'm not an Achtung baby (34), but I have a daughter born in February 2009 (NLOTH released month) and she now sings most of the lyrics in the car. She's brainwashed I guess.... my only hope is to be able to go to a U2 concert in around 5-6 years so that she can remember them. She loves them, mostly NLOTH and in particular Stand up Comedy :lol:

I was not raised by U2 fans but yes...

I am a 90's kid.

(Greatest generation if you ask me Lord knows what bullshit the 2000 kids are gunna pull)

I'm born in 1994 in Iceland. My dad is a huge U2 fan and sure was at that time. I remember a huge zooropa poster that was up in the living room.
I grew up with U2. At around 13 I got my first mp3 player and my dad filled it with U2 albums. Then I really started to listen to them myself, recognizing songs by names and albums.

At 15 U2 was the biggest thing for me in music, and still is. At my 16th birthday I got tattoed on my back "U2 With or without you"

Nice to see there are so many 90's kids on here.

Aren't you lucky?

My sister (again 10 years older than me) was a huge U2 fan but growing up she never really tried to impose it on me. Instead she gave me a Pearl Jam album for Christmas one year. Blah! How could she!

:wave:Woooo! I'm convinced I'm thee Achtung Baby hehe I was born on the day it was released. Its my second favourite u2 album. iv just bought the super deluxe version and hopefully it should be dispatched to me in the next few days (iv taken a few days off work so that I can listen to it all this week without any distraction haha. To be honest I wish I was born 20 years before I was so that I could have lived through the best of it.

Emily x

I was not raised by U2 fans but yes...

I am a 90's kid.

(Greatest generation if you ask me Lord knows what bullshit the 2000 kids are gunna pull)

:hi5:

I feel so freaking bad for the 2000-11 generation. They will never get to say they were born during the years of innovative music.

Back
Top Bottom