Anus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sad Punk said:

That's with the rocking Desire that is just so good and RADICAL AS FUCK, right? I've rewatched the videos of that a lot, I wish the whole thing was filmed. :(

That's the one. It sounds like crap on this horrible audience bootleg, heh. I'd looove full video of this show; it'd be amazing. Did you request a copy of the DVD that has the few filmed songs on it? Because it's totally worth it just for Hawkmoon/Desire/Watchtower.

KellySleepSoundly.jpg

Varitek said:
i mean, if you grant an interview, actually, i'd love to meet you and say hi. i just don't want her to know my screenname. not that she's enough of a loser to come looking for these threads, and read them, but, i truly am embarassed for my real life friends to find out the extent of my posting habit and the contents. not that they don't know this stuff, but the fact that i overshare with strangers on the internet?

I completely understand that, as I tell no one about my membership here. However, I thought the interview with her was going to just be through e-mail or something since that's what she would have to do for most of the other members. I don't know, we'll figure it out when she comes around.

Axver, I was wondering, do you happen to have:

- The Desire Sydney Lovetown with the solo and everything.
- A good Lovetown Hawkmoon performance.

Axver said:

That's the one. It sounds like crap on this horrible audience bootleg, heh. I'd looove full video of this show; it'd be amazing. Did you request a copy of the DVD that has the few filmed songs on it? Because it's totally worth it just for Hawkmoon/Desire/Watchtower.

I already have it, I downloaded it before my computer got all fucked. I have a few concerts on there and a few rarities, just news clips from 1986 that are in such poor quality that Bono's face looks like Michelangelo's on St. Bartholomew's flayed skin. I probably could have spent my time downloading more important things.

phillyfan26 said:
Axver, I was wondering, do you happen to have:

- The Desire Sydney Lovetown with the solo and everything.
- A good Lovetown Hawkmoon performance.

Alas, no on both counts. I do have boots that can fulfill the second though. Never bothered ripping audio of the former from my DVD.

If you're feeling impatient and don't want to wait for me to get around to ripping a good live Hawkmoon when I do Saddo's boots, I recommend 18 November 1989, Sydney to you.

The Sad Punk said:

I already have it, I downloaded it before my computer got all fucked. I have a few concerts on there and a few rarities, just news clips from 1986 that are in such poor quality that Bono's face looks like Michelangelo's on St. Bartholomew's flayed skin. I probably could have spent my time downloading more important things.

:laugh:

Glad you've got it; it's such fucking quality. :up:

I am on a total Lovetown kick right now. Even in shitty, terrible audio quality, Bad on Lovetown sounds awesome. :drool:

OK, well I'm pretty patient so I'll get back to you if I acquire it some other way.

How goes snippet checking?

phillyfan26 said:
OK, well I'm pretty patient so I'll get back to you if I acquire it some other way.

How goes snippet checking?

Pretty good. Did 23 September 1989, Perth earlier and now I'm nearly done 27 September 1989, Sydney. Just finished checking Bad now - it's got Ruby Tuesday and Candle In The Wind. Before the final "I'm wiiiide awaaaaakes", Bono sings something else, but I think it's adlibbed and not a snippet. The quality's too shit for me to make out enough of it to Google anyway.

Are these shows you've already done and are just re-checking or is this the first time you've checked?

phillyfan26 said:
Are these shows you've already done and are just re-checking or is this the first time you've checked?

First time, though I did recheck 22 September 1989 before doing the 23rd. Didn't find anything new there, but I was just checking a few spots to confirm there was nothing in the usual locations.

Well, done with 27 September 1989, though I skipped a few tracks that never have snippets as the audio quality was really starting to bug me.

1. Hawkmoon 269
2. Desire / Not Fade Away (snippet) / So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star (snippet)
3. All Along The Watchtower
4. Bullet The Blue Sky / Whole Lotta Love (snippet)
5. Running To Stand Still
6. All I Want Is You
7. Where The Streets Have No Name
8. I Will Follow
9. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
10. People Get Ready
11. Bad / Ruby Tuesday (snippet) / Candle In The Wind (snippet)
12. With Or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet)
13. God Part II
14. New Year's Day
15. Pride (In The Name Of Love)

encore(s):
16. Angel Of Harlem
17. When Love Comes To Town
18. Love Rescue Me
19. 40

I defragged my computer last night or something and I was able to find the setup file. Maybe it was there the whole time and I couldn't find it, but I don't know. I'm just glad I can do things like use my e-mail and use Facebook again, which Netscape mostly prohibited.

I love how Bono would just go off on random stories during Bullet on Lovetown.

And wow, he talks about Australia's Prime Minister as Bob Hawke. Fuck, this is a long time ago.

Ax, I'm reading the early days stuff in U2 by U2, I'll let you know if there's any setlist info.

YEEEEAAAAAHHH
WE'LL SHINE LIKE STARS IN THE SUMMER NIGHT
WE'LL SHINE LIKE STARS IN THE SYDNEY MIDDLE OF NIGHT
I JUST WANT TO BE UP ALL NIGHT WITH YOU
OR WITHOUT YOU
WITH OR WITHOUT YOU OH
I CAN'T LIVE
WITH OR WITHOUT YOU

Fuck this song used to be so completely amazing live.

Axver said:
YEEEEAAAAAHHH
WE'LL SHINE LIKE STARS IN THE SUMMER NIGHT
WE'LL SHINE LIKE STARS IN THE SYDNEY MIDDLE OF NIGHT
I JUST WANT TO BE UP ALL NIGHT WITH YOU
OR WITHOUT YOU
WITH OR WITHOUT YOU OH
I CAN'T LIVE
WITH OR WITHOUT YOU

Fuck this song used to be so completely amazing live.

:drool:

unico said:

I just listened to that about five or six times. Fuckin' wow.

YEEEEEEAAAAHHHH WE'LL SHINE LIKE STARS IN THE SUMMER NIGHT - that has got to be one of the best moments in any U2 song ever. I love it every single time it comes in.

And now GOD PART II. :drool:

Axver said:

:lol: Really? I can't remember what it says.

The book goes into detail describing "Show Me the Way" and "Bye Bye Baby" but doesn't mention anything else. You have an encore and a medley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom