Anus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolian2

Blue Crack Supplier
- Pop Survivor Round One
- Australia Discotheque style
- EBTTRT
- IAMJ
- TCATT
- POTDB
- EYKIW/Liechtenstein
- AIWIU2
- Australia
- Djibouti
- Te Urewera National Park
- Inaccessible Island
- Lodgepole, Nebraska
- Bangaluru, which was Bangin'
- Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotameteaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenakitanatahu
- Territorial Collectivity of Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Ouagadougou
- Dominican Republic
- Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen
- Fernando de Noronha
- Kyzyl, aka Fuck Vowels
- Torquay, aka Fawlty Towers
- Bill, Wyoming
- Fenway Park
- Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic
- Vrbno pod Pradědem
- Unalaska
- Sexy Peak, Idaho
- Fucking, Austria
- Wittenoom, Western Australia
- Hell, Michigan
- Centralia, Pennsylvania

Now we move to Anus, a village in Fouronnes (Canton Courson-les-Carrières, Arrondissement Auxerre, Yonne, Burgundy, France.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anus_(disambiguation)

Varitek said:
haha the boston globe had an article today about how we've got lots of duplicate streets in different neighborhoods of the city.

You wouldn't believe how many Victoria Streets there are in Melbourne. It's ridiculous. Plenty of Park Streets too. My tram route runs on two Park Streets! One right at the southern end, and a completely different one near the northern end.

Seems that there's a place in LOTR named after Wetwang, too.

Very mature, Tolkein. :tsk: (Not that I'm expecting much maturity from a man that devoted his life to writing about dwarves and things).

Varitek said:
i can't believe we haven't been to Wetwang yet.

Wow, we haven't? I thought we did that fairly early. But huh, it's not on our destinations list. I guess we just talked about it a lot.

Axver said:

You wouldn't believe how many Victoria Streets there are in Melbourne. It's ridiculous. Plenty of Park Streets too. My tram route runs on two Park Streets! One right at the southern end, and a completely different one near the northern end.

I used to live on one of many Beach Roads in Auckland.

The Sad Punk said:
Seems that there's a place in LOTR named after Wetwang, too.

Very mature, Tolkein. :tsk: (Not that I'm expecting much maturity from a man that devoted his life to writing about dwarves and things).

I can just see the LOTR nerds now, hunting down funny Elvish place names ...

Axver said:

Oh, and Macquarie ___________, anybody?

coolian2 said:

I used to live on one of many Beach Roads in Auckland.

Ah, New Zealand and its Beach Roads. You'd think Kiwis need to keep being reminded that islands are surrounded by water.

coolian2 said:

Oh, and Macquarie ___________, anybody?

I lived on a Macquarie Street in Brisbane.

What's been really weird is that lately, Telstra has been sending me advertising to the following address:

123 Axversactual Street
456 Macquarie Street
Brunswick West

I'm amazed it's actually getting to me.

All of my bills have the correct address though. Typical.

I love my new guitar. I'm writing my first song on it and I feel like a better guitarist due to my new guitar.

Axver said:

Ah, New Zealand and its Beach Roads. You'd think Kiwis need to keep being reminded that islands are surrounded by water.

The best part was that it went close to Howick beach, but that was at one end at the bottom of a pretty steep hill.

It was the same as how i was amused at how Mellons Bay Road was a turnaround near Mellons Bay but went miles away from the water in the other direction.

I think Adelaide's pretty good with street names. Although curiously, there seem to be quite a few named after Adelaide herself.

There is one place up in the hill that has some awesome streets named after Greek gods and Greek areas. Like "Apollo street" and "Thermopylai Avenue". I want to live there one day.

Axver said:

Wow, we haven't? I thought we did that fairly early. But huh, it's not on our destinations list. I guess we just talked about it a lot.

I guess it's possible someone screwed the list up. Ian, can you do a search for Wetwang?

Axver said:

I lived on a Macquarie Street in Brisbane.

What's been really weird is that lately, Telstra has been sending me advertising to the following address:

123 Axversactual Street
456 Macquarie Street
Brunswick West

I'm amazed it's actually getting to me.

All of my bills have the correct address though. Typical.

All the really cool stuff never makes it, only bills.

coolian2 said:

The best part was that it went close to Howick beach, but that was at one end at the bottom of a pretty steep hill.

It was the same as how i was amused at how Mellons Bay Road was a turnaround near Mellons Bay but went miles away from the water in the other direction.

:lol:

I love how Lambton Quay in Wellington, although once on the waterside, is now over two blocks from anything faintly resembling a quay.

Since i'm in the search section, here are the recent searches

Date Query Results
03-20-2008 at 07:11 PM flom 81
03-20-2008 at 02:56 PM suicide 3615
03-20-2008 at 02:55 PM ignore suicide 66
03-20-2008 at 02:48 PM alcoholism 335
03-20-2008 at 02:47 PM male alcoholism 9
03-20-2008 at 02:47 PM alcoholism rate 8
03-20-2008 at 02:46 PM higher alcoholism rate 4
03-20-2008 at 02:43 PM suicide rate 106
03-20-2008 at 02:41 PM financeguy suicide 13
03-20-2008 at 02:40 PM against men 28025