Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Lobovax, can't find the dark blue pair anywhere. There is a possibility I left them in my summer car. Its in storage right now, I'll take it out in early May. Its a long shot, but I'd hate to think I lost them.

bvlgari 611 :drool::drool::drool:
A pair of shades that I´ve never worn :sad:

Anyone sell one pair????? no matter colour :wink::wink:

Bulgari 732/87

I will even post some pictures when i have em :). They Will prolly arrive sometime next week since theyll ship tomorrrow or thursday :)

I just got off the phone with Luxottica, the company
which makes Bulgari. They told me the 732/87 matte
black will all come with the light grey lens. This lens
color was made specially for Bono, for the start of
the 360 tour in Turin Italy last August. They never
produced this color lens until recently. The original
87 lens is dark grey, and also still available. They
confirmed to me that this sunglass is indeed back
in production with one added color 971/6G.

I just got off the phone with Luxottica, the company
which makes Bulgari. They told me the 732/87 matte
black will all come with the light grey lens. This lens
color was made specially for Bono, for the start of
the 360 tour in Turin Italy last August. They never
produced this color lens until recently. The original
87 lens is dark grey, and also still available. They
confirmed to me that this sunglass is indeed back
in production with one added color 971/6G.

Also...and not to start an argument on lens color...but bear in mind that several posters here have purchased what you call the "dark" lensed 732/87 and have posted pics here. And in those pics the lens is clearly not all that dark at all. So I'm just curious what led you to believe that they were dark in the first place. I originally thought they were but was mistaken because I was thinking of another model. Do you have the 732/87s in this so-called "dark lens"?

If what you've been told is true, it might provide decent explanation for why in certain circumstances off-stage in public Bono's have appeared darker. Especially that time in the club where the Bulgari sticker was clearly still affixed to the lens...this could be an instance of where he was wearing the darker stock lens not the custom lighter one.

Interesting stuff...you'd think they'd just make a new color code for it, though!

Also...and not to start an argument on lens color...but bear in mind that several posters here have purchased what you call the "dark" lensed 732/87 and have posted pics here. And in those pics the lens is clearly not all that dark at all. So I'm just curious what led you to believe that they were dark in the first place. I originally thought they were but was mistaken because I was thinking of another model. Do you have the 732/87s in this so-called "dark lens"?

If what you've been told is true, it might provide decent explanation for why in certain circumstances off-stage in public Bono's have appeared darker. Especially that time in the club where the Bulgari sticker was clearly still affixed to the lens...this could be an instance of where he was wearing the darker stock lens not the custom lighter one.

Interesting stuff...you'd think they'd just make a new color code for it, though!

I ordered the 87 lens only from United
shades. They sent me the dark color 87
lens. Apperently you can't just order the
light grey lens seperately. Now I have 2
pairs and an extra dark grey 87 lens.
971/6g is red frame with grey mirror
gradient, simlar to the 88 color lens
but not as much mirror. Luxottica told
me that Bono is wearing the 971/6g on
tour right now

732-87

Hmm hope i'll get the "right" pair then aka the ones with light gray lens :)

Martinski, I'm 100% sure the 732
you recieve will be the light color
grey lens. United shades confirmed
to me that the 732/87 they are
sending are the light grey. I made
them check before sending them.
Otticanet should be the same.

I ordered the 87 lens only from United
shades. They sent me the dark color 87
lens. Apperently you can't just order the
light grey lens seperately.

Martinski, I'm 100% sure the 732
you recieve will be the light color
grey lens. United shades confirmed
to me that the 732/87 they are
sending are the light grey.

Ok maybe it's just a lost in translation thing but those two statements are confusing as heck.

If you can't order the light grey lens, how did you order the light grey lens, and how are you sure what we receive will be the light grey lens?

At any rate, I've got my guy on it. I should be able to confirm tomorrow or Monday in person and then let you guys know.

Display Case for our Shades

Hello Fellow Shade Lovers,

I found a great display case yesterday and wanted to share it with all of you. I bought it at IKEA, they call it KLINGSBO: IKEA | Dining storage | Display cabinets | KLINGSBO | Glass-door cabinet. I picked it up for $130. I accented it with two GRUNDTAL lighting strips (one on top and one on the bottom) and viola!

I finished assembling it last night and it exceeded my expectations. The glass and lights really make the shades sparkle. I'm posting a few pics so you can see what I mean. I can post more if you'd like. The white "lifters" I used are glass candle holders turned upside down (also from IKEA) they capture the light and give more dimension. It is now my very own "City of Blinding Lights"!

I hope you enjoy this post and it gives you some ideas. I'd love to see/hear how others display their collections.

Attachments

• 01 Display Case Full.jpg
    01 Display Case Full.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 07 Display Case Blue 611 & 519.jpg
    07 Display Case Blue 611 & 519.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 08 Display Case 2138 Grey.jpg
    08 Display Case 2138 Grey.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 41
I can see them, they look nice. :up:

But why do you guys display these glasses? Isn't the point of sunglasses to wear them?

Oh, I wear them,,every day in fact. This display is so I can enjoy them as a collection while they are not in use. Thanks for checking out the pics!

Hello Fellow Shade Lovers,

I found a great display case yesterday and wanted to share it with all of you. I bought it at IKEA, they call it KLINGSBO: IKEA | Dining storage | Display cabinets | KLINGSBO | Glass-door cabinet. I picked it up for $130. I accented it with two GRUNDTAL lighting strips (one on top and one on the bottom) and viola!

I finished assembling it last night and it exceeded my expectations. The glass and lights really make the shades sparkle. I'm posting a few pics so you can see what I mean. I can post more if you'd like. The white "lifters" I used are glass candle holders turned upside down (also from IKEA) they capture the light and give more dimension. It is now my very own "City of Blinding Lights"!

I hope you enjoy this post and it gives you some ideas. I'd love to see/hear how others display their collections.

For those of you who said you could not see the pictures I posted, here is a link to a YouTube video I just made: YouTube - U2 Bono Sunglasses Collection I hope you enjoy it! :heart:

Looks like a museum piece! :drool:

The EA glasses Bono wears now with the ornate hinges, are they available with the metal rim on the top? I've only seen them without it.

Pic please?

I think he means these?

Bonobeachdublin2009.jpg

bonosmile.jpg

When this early promo pic came out I thought we might see these more on the tour, but I don't think we ever saw them appear again. I guess he liked the stars more.

NLOTHkennymorrison2.jpg

niiicee! I'm planning to make a new shot of my collection too, but waiting for my ex-wife to bring me back the bvlgari 649 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom