an assortment of thoughts + "a new hope..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha... I realized that the link I made for the push-up example is on a website for overweight people.

The irony is that I am actually kind of skinny, and need to eat more and put on some weight. In my health class, I was at my "ideal weight" for my height and stuff, but I could still use some muscle and stuff.

I have a really fast metabolism, and I haven't been eating a lot these past few weeks because of my sleep schedual and because of the heat.

So perhaps I will try to eat more food. Hahahaha

What is everone's favorite thing to eat?

Mmm, I'm getting hungery! :wink:

As the perfect Italian girl I would say Pizza & Pasta.

but I also love the food of Libia and of various parts of India!
and chinese food, too, it's great!

what about you?

Or....... spagehtti and meatballs.

I never know how to spell spagehtti.... I always spell it wrong........ especailly if I'm hungery.............:huh:

it is spaghetti -- it's great because you use to put an "S" at the end, but the word "spaghetti" is already a plural... it's one of those things that makes me laugh so much...

I'm "beginning to pack" for my Maine vacation next week... It's kind of slow...

And there is something I want to write for someone, because I'll be gone for so long. It's kind of strange, because I really want it to be something good, because I will be away for a while. So... I don't know. It;s like... I'm feeling that "the stage is set"

But it;s kind of nice to have something to plan for, and an adventure to go on. I like that sortof feeling, I guess.

I usually get pizza friday nights with my family... but... I don't know. I might not be able to hold out. I'm one of those people that could eat pizza all the time....

For Honor said:
I usually get pizza friday nights with my family... but... I don't know. I might not be able to hold out. I'm one of those people that could eat pizza all the time....

I do the same!!!

have a nice vacation -- I'll wait for your tales

Cheers

Oh, where to begin....

First, the bad. I got sunburned really bad. First on my feet, which are still peeling a little bit... :| And then the back of my legs, which was really weird, because I was sure I plastered lotion all over them. And then my shoulders, which was to be expexted, because I wore a lot of those tanktop kind of shirt things or whatever. The weather was fantastic, and I spent most days outside, most at the beach, too.

Lots of good seafood in Maine.

Ah, ... I'll write more soon. I have to go, but I have more to say, heh heh heh.

WOw, that sounds absolutley awesome!

You must have had a wonderful time, and your review was great. I hope I can see U2 someday...

There is one thing I wasn't sure about in your post, though

a DVD?

I am pretty far out of the loop, so I don't know anything about it.

But if you do, could you please tell me?
It sounds like it would be a great concert to have seen...

Life is an interesting thing....

You've really got to enjoy the good times, and expect the bad times to come by...

I really understand that now.

------------------
------------------

ANd lately I've been wondering a lot about destiny... but I'll explain later, maybe... hah hah hah...

PS: I read the entire thread about the concert you went to....

I guess it goes to show why U2 is such a great band.... I'm glad you had such a wonderful time :)

the 2 shows in Milan will become the DVD of the Vertigo Tour.
Yes, it was really great and I enjoyed it that much.
I wasn't a little worried because I didn't know how I would have react at the show -- silly things: it was great!

Of course now I am waiting to know more about your late post!

That DVD is going to be awesome....

As for my other point... I will have to get back to you on it. I can't think, I have some sort of a headache or something. Maybe I'm sick. I don't know, I'm out of it, and can't write very well right now.

Yeah, I'm much better today. I can think straight, hahahaha.

Recently, I had one of those "out of the blue" experiences. Just.... It was a peaceful week, and I was kind of in my own world, just living. And then something huge came up, and it's bee serious stuff for a while. Police involved, animal control involved, neighbors involved, a whole lot of stuff going on.

I was reminded about how fast life can change, and reminded never to let up, or loose suspicion completely. Anything can happen. You don't have to be tense all the time, but, don't take things for granted. Which I did. And that wasn't right.

-----

about destiny......

I realize there are some thigns about me that I cannot change, ever. Doing so would destroy me completley, and who I am.

And I think that is the same for other people.
And ultimately, I think that core , a personls soul, if you will....

I wonder how much you can really influence that. It's almost like... I see people who aren't being honest with themselves, and they seem troubled. Or, especially recently, I see people who are themselves, and can't change that for the life of them.

It's almost like, because a person is this way
Or
Has "this" or "that" personality trait, or characteristic

It almost guarentees something will happen.
BUt.......

It's getting almost to the point where things are easy to see....

I've been thinking lately about knowing people
How well do I know someone?
How well can anyone know anyone?

Trust is one thing, but understanding a person is completely different.
(aslo completely different - understanding that person's environment and all the factors that play on that person)

But anyway

I don't know, I cannot describe it well.
lately, I've been thinking about things
Looks or gestures, personality traits

That really define someone, that really distinguish a person.

For me....

Being serious,
Thinking, analyzing
Moral judgement
Has a tendancy to write a lot + elaborate

Thos are some simple ones

Let's see...
I have a very specific dress style
My dad just bought me a very nice necklace - a graduation gift - white gold chain + crucifix.

It is a great gift, and it is my style, something I would wear, and looks good on me. He stated how I am a hard person to buy things for, because I have a very specific taste + style. ( I would always accept any gift, because I appreciate things like that. But I rarely wear jewlry.) This is a cross, though, that I don't mind wearing, and I agree , it looks good on me,.

But I also agree with my dad
when he said
that being someone who isn't easy to shop for
is a good thing.

- as in, being selective and cautious about purchasing things is a good trait to have.

Unfortunately for my dad....
I wish he could be more like me in that way, and he does too... :|

people can be like icebergs at times: you just see the upper part, and it could be very hard to know more than the surface.
Call me romantic, but I think a person can show the way he/she is just when love is involved.
of course i don't refer just to passion.

what was the mess that happend near to you?
sounds a little worrying...

As for gifts, I think we are very similar. I mean, I understand that people have problems in choosing what give to me as a present.
My parents tend to buy me things like clothes -- but rarely I really like them! so they go with pijiamas and underwear and things like that.
it's something that, at times, makes me sad, because my parents are supposed to be the people who know me better in the world...

as regards friends, they tend to give me "neutral gifts" -- things that doesn't refer specifically to me and my personality.
I think it's also a problem of mine, because I think I tend not to "show" me that much....

lady luck said:
people can be like icebergs at times: you just see the upper part, and it could be very hard to know more than the surface.
Call me romantic, but I think a person can show the way he/she is just when love is involved.

As for gifts, I think we are very similar. I mean, I understand that people have problems in choosing what give to me as a present.
My parents tend to buy me things like clothes -- but rarely I really like them! so they go with pijiamas and underwear and things like that.
it's something that, at times, makes me sad, because my parents are supposed to be the people who know me better in the world...

as regards friends, they tend to give me "neutral gifts" -- things that doesn't refer specifically to me and my personality.
I think it's also a problem of mine, because I think I tend not to "show" me that much....

Crap.... well... something just came up;...

More about everything later -

your post made me think of so much!

I wish I could write, but I cannot

Finally... I've been waiting to respond to this for a while.
Talking about today, it took me a while to calm down and appropriately write a decent post.
Talking about yesterday and the day before - the truth comes out, and really, the truth does set you free, so things are going well....

----------------------

About your last post:

lady luck said:

Well, I sort of hinted at that above. There has been a whole lot going on lately, and maybe I will explain more over time, but it was a complicated situation, so perhaps taking time is the best way to go. Not so much for me, but for everyone else involved, I will bring it up slowly. That might not make any sense, but I guess.... I will talk about it, but patience is needed at the moment.

lady luck said:

Actually, this is amazingly fitting, since my "situation" involves how there are different layers to people. Unfortunately, people sometimes use different layers to lie and manipulate others... like what happened to someone I know. Unfortunately, she had an encounter with a rather pathetic human being. But more about that in the time to come.

Now, in regard to what you said, rather than the "situation" i was talking about... I think being in love, or being involved with someone intimately really shows you who that person is. That is why, generally, I think there is a good connection to "the REAL person", or someone's true nature, and how they treat their family, close friends.

If someone treats their family well, then they will treat you well, since their family is the environment they are most familiar/comfortable in. And if someone gets familiar/comfortable with you, they will likely treat you the same way. There are exceptions, of course.

lady luck said:

Yeah. My parents are the same - I sort of would like them to "know" me better, know what I like, but I guess it doesn't bother me too much. Over these last years... It's been remarkable seeing how they express their love. When someone is close to you, I think it's really important to take the time and understand how it is they show their love - not everyone is the same.
(However, you cannot make the mistake of rationalizing and changing yourself too much for other people, almost making excuses for them. I say this because it reminds me of my father. He takes the time to understand how people show their love, but... he has done it in such a way where he lets.... he lets someone's attempts at showing love sort of... hold him back and .... well, that is another situation that could be handled better, but I won't get into that, at least not right now, hahahaha)

Anyway.......

I had this problem when I was a kid - whenever I said I liked something, like a sports team, for instance - EVERYONE in my entire family got me something for that sports team. ANd it was sort of overkill. Like, I understand they wanted to get me something that I liked, but it was almost.... like... almost to a point where it was without thought - without effort. "What should we get him?" "Oh, get him something for that sports team , that is what he likes"

It was nice, but I sometimes would have liked it if my family would open up more, or be more diverse I guess. But then again, I was an odd child.

I .... wasn't much of a child, I guess. Hmmm....

MOving on....

lady luck said:

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean!

I've... gotten a little better at "Showing the real me"... but I suppose my personality is reserved a bit. But I'm working on expressing my interests better, which has always been a difficult thing for me.

I have hesitation when it comes to asking for things that I want. This is because of a few things.... I don't like asking people to do things for me, I don't like people going out of their way for me. Also, quite honestly, there are not a lot of things that I want. Most of what I really want in life are things that cannot really be bought, or are not material. I don't express much interest in many material things, but I'm learning how to do that, which is a benefit for myself, I think , in some ways.

I like being able to buy things with my own money, or getting things for others. And I admit that I've been spoild in my upbringing. Whatever the rate, though, I have a hard time accepting gifts, and don't show a lot of excitement, even when I really appreciate things.

One thing about me that won't change, though, (and something I'm proud of, it makes me feel unique in these people around me, hahaha), I don't get excited. I don't really get sad, either. I'm not surprised by much anymore. People ask me, like, when I was going on vacation, "Are you psyched? Are you excited?"

I was looking forward to it, but... I don't know, out of sight, out of mind I guess.

Same thing when something bad happens. I don't really get emotional about things, unlike a lot of other people around me. Sometimes I dislike it when people overdo it emotionally. It seems dishonest sort of. But at the same time, I have great respect for pure and real emotions. There is a fine line, though.

And I've been thinking lately about detachment and passion.
I realize I seem a lot more detached than others. But at the same time, well... I don't know.

Maybe detachmemt is your way to react to things that hit you more than you think.
Let me tell you something that happened just a few days ago.
A girl I knew when I was younger lost her mother about two weeks ago.
When I was told the news, I don't know how to react. I felt sorry, of course, and I wished there was something I could do for the girl. But, in fact, this death didn't touch me in deep. Maybe it depends on the fact that I have lost sight of both the girl and her mother for a while, or it depens on my way to relate to death in general.

I can understand what you said about the impression of "dishonest" feelings. Maybe you heard about the story of Nicola Calipari, the Italian secret agent who was killed after the liberation of a hostage, a journalist of an Italian newspaper, called Giuliana Sgrena.
Well, when his body was taken to Italy., there was the funeral and a lot of people, who had NO IDEA of who he was and what was his work, went to the funeral, saying he was a hero and that they loved him gor what he had done. This really sounded false to me. How can you go around and tell things like that of a person you don't know? I had the impression that all the nice words were made just because there were cameras around...
And it really seemed to me that there was no respect for a death person that would have deserved to be respected.

I am a writer, and I like words, and I like saying nice things to people. And I enjoy flirting, though only with a few select people. I enjoy puting words together in the right way to have a certain effect.

But I have issues with integrity.
I elaborate many things, but I despise lieing or manipulating. Once someone does that to me or someone I know, it is very hard to restore credibility.

ANd I also am a stickler for respect.
I've just noticed this, and it's always been a part of me. Even in school, in my gym/physical education classes, even then when boys would be boys and taunt each other and be "acceptably disrespectful"... I would always stand up against people who went to far. I gained a lot of respect that way, apparently, but I didn't care.

I realize a lot of my life is the judgement between right and wrong. And what is sort of good about that is when you can explain to people what they are doing, how they are doing it, and why it is wrong.

If you can do that, they tend to listen. But at the same time, I'm not surprised or alarmed by inconsiderate people. I guess it's more just me knowing who I am.

I am going to be that person who is always thinking what is best for everyone in this situation. I can turn it off, sort of. But that is my "role". It has always been that way, because of how I've grown up and such.

In some ways, making decisions not based on yourself makes them easier.

But that is a rather... self righteous view, hahahaha.
that is why it is important to me to find the right people to associate with, though. Not that I'm different from anyone else, but, you have to make sure what you bring to the table is respected and appreciated.

Eh, I seem to be going all over the place in this post.
Many thoughts, it seems, but they are fluttering all about.

Yes, the mind flies from one thought to the pther and not always there is an evident connection between thoughts.

I think the greatest thing happens when you're falling asleep: you have thoughts with connections that only you can see. Or meybe, neither you can.

For some mysterious reason, yesterday I could not sleep. I strated going up & down my room, or turning in my bed and tryed to read something for a while. But it didn't work. Now I am at work, I am tired and I still haven't understood what kept me awake yesterday.

It's like when you have something urgent to do, but you can't remember what you have to do.

Yeah, I know exactly what you are talking about.

But before I get into that, I actually remember a dream I had for once. It was kind of strange. I remember, I had one the night before, about school, and it is very rare for me to remember two dreams in a row. But last night, I was so mentally exhausted, perhaps that is why I remember it much more clearly.

I don't really know what was going on, so I cannot describe it. But... it was like a visual intepretation of someone writing a story. However, it felt like I was reading a thread, some posts or something here, online!

One person would be telling one story, and then another would come in and tell another story, but then I would be "transported" back to the first story. It was so odd.

And there was a........
It was like someone made a very low quality home made video, with stick figures,.... and maybe.... cookies?

hahaha, what a crazyy dream!

One very interesting thing about these last two dreams, though, is that both were incredibly complex. People would say things, and, inside my mind (in the dream), I would understand them, and it was these huge mental puzzles. So many twists and turns, and it was.....

that feeling from something being very complicated, very difficult.... but then slowly working through it and everything making sense at the end.

I don't really know why my dreams have that feeling
Or why they have been so abstract lately....
:hmm:

--------------------------------------------

For some mysterious reason, yesterday I could not sleep. I strated going up & down my room, or turning in my bed and tryed to read something for a while. But it didn't work. Now I am at work, I am tired and I still haven't understood what kept me awake yesterday.

my sleeping pattern isn't very regular, however, I had that same thing happen to me yesterday, too. I was ready to go to bed at a decent time, but then.... I just didn't happen.

--------------

But what you said about discovering things just before you go to sleep - that always seems to happen at the worst time. I try to keep something close by so I can write down my great ideas (hahaha), but most of the time it just wakes me up, and takes me along, long time to fall back aleep.

But last night....... I have no good reason why I wasn't able to fall asleep. I was exhausted, but it just didn't happen.

Here I am back to Italy after my first US-esperience.
I didn't like Miami that much -- definetely it's a "too much" city.
But I think I met an extraordinary person -- the last gentleman on earth. We spend some time together and now that I'm back home I am both happy & sad when he bumps in my thoughts (that is, almost every 30 seconds!)

I have told you about my difficulties and pain for the fact that the guy I think I was in love with didn't care for me. That seems to be so far now! This vacation really helped me to move on!
Probably, I will meet again this guy because he's going to move to Europe in October.
I don't want to create expectations in me for that, but the fact that this possibility exists really makes me happy!

Hey, it's great to have you back!

Miami.... eh, I don't think I'd want to live there, myself, really. But did you enjoy any of your stay at all?

Ah, "the last gentleman on earth". Well, if you are thinking about him a lot, is there any way to stay in contact with him? Emails?
but then again - October isn't that far away.

---------------------------

But really, I'm glad that meeting him has helped you move on. Speaking of such things, I kinda know what you mean....

I'm learning how to move on, in my own way...

===========

Wow, my last entry in this thread was on the 5th of this month.....
Seems like a long time ago, sort of.
I went to NYC for a few days, during one weekend.

But your vacation must be much more interesting!
It is good that you are safe - did you have any problems with the airplane or security or anything?

Ah, but I'm sure you've got lots to do now that you are back, so take your time.

Glad you've returned to interference :)

I am at work now, but there's nothing to do! And my boss isn't here!!!

Miami is cool, but I had the feeling it was a built-up city, full of surgery, false things and all that stuff.
My friend and me had great moment: we had fun on the beach and in a lot of places, but the feeling that the city around me was spoiled always stayed with me.
We didn't had great tours of the city -- just a couple of them.
For the rest we spent out time in the Art Deco District, where there were lots of shops, lounges and other nice places to be.

The flight was ok -- we met a couple of long turbolences, but I think we were lucky. Everything went the right way.

Tell me about you! What it this stuff about you too moving on?

lady luck said:
I had the feeling it was a built-up city, full of surgery, false things and all that stuff.

:|

Not to sound unpatriotic - I respect my country a lot, and thankful for all the privledges and rights I do have.........

But I feel that way a great deal of the time :|

I could write 1000's of words about that, but..... there is no use in whining, or complaining about it...

-------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Me and moving on........

Well, for one thing, I'll be going to college in January - which I am looking forward to a lot. I can't wait for that. So that is about 4 months away, really.

I'm doing a lot of waiting, passing the time, etc. That's what it feels like to me. But also, I have just now "moved out" of my home, so to say, but moved into my home. It sounds strange, but my family is rather unique. Essentially, I live with my mother, and it is just her and I during the week days. During the weekends, I would come see my father, and stay at the house there. As long as I have lived, there has always been that division of time, every week going from one place to another (I think that effected me a lot in different ways, but that's another story, too). Now, after my Father and Stepmother have divorced, my stepmother has the house, and my father in his own apartment.

Seeing how I'm going to college, my mother wouldn't be able to keep up her house alone, so, she will be moving in with her sister, which is good, as they get along very well together.

So now, I will be staying with my stepmother for the next 4 months, which is a good transition, and makes it easier on everyone that way. I kind of am going to enjoy it... I never really liked where I lived. It was not a bad place, just...... rather desolate, sort of lonely, and there weren't many people around.

So yes, now I am staying with my stepmother for a while, which is great, because we get along so well. (She is a Sagitarius, just like my mother!) Those two, my mom, and stepmother are so similar! It's kind of funny. But they are each special in their own way, you know? And I care about them both a lot.

I'm worried about my mom, because she's going to be alone (well, not alone), but, I won't be there, and the house will be kind of lonely for a week or so. But that's alright. She was happy to see me go, keeping in mind that she is a mother, and is very emotional about everything.............

=================

So yes, there is that.

And during this summer, I think i've had a lot of personal growth. I've found more of "who I am". Oddly enough, a lot of that has to do with a relationship I had, or perhaps, moving on from it. I don't really know how to talk about it, so I won't. But.... to make a long story short, understanding and accepting not being in love with someone.

I don't know, I don't think I can say if I was or was not. I know what I felt, but...... ah..... it's very, very, very complicated, trust me.

There is also a paradox.
A contradiction of sorts.....

I will do my best to describe it.
In the days after we essentially "went our separate ways", I couldn't listen to love songs, or most music, or watch TV. Anything having to do with relationships was too much. Now, we parted on good terms, great terms. No malice. And perhaps our separation was for the best, in all reality. It is the right thing to do, I realize.

But regardless......... I am a serious lover. I don't like to say "love", because most people don't understand what it means when I say it. So, again, being concise, it took me a while to get over it. But that fact that it was a move for the best, a move for progress, a step in the right direction, and ultimately..... that it was the best thing to do for her, and myself. I believe, and I always will, that if you really care about someone, you do what is right for them, what is best for them. Always.

And....... It was very "With or without you"....... 'you give it all but I want more'.... Essentially, our relationship had gotten to the point where we either needed to be together all the time, or not at all. It was very strong... but.... fortunately or unfortunately, it didn't work out. I was really....... not feeling well about it, because there was nothing I could do. And I hate that feeling. But then I realize that there was nothing WE could do- not just "me". It was always....... more of a dream, our relationship. But a good dream. A worthy dream. There was....... a lot of loving shared, at least on some level, I admit. But you have to wake up from your dreams sometime, and face the day, face reality.

So yeah.... that is a big part of moving on.

The paradox, though............

So yes, after that stage of my life ended, I realize that I'm always going to be very choosy, very selective, very picky about the people that I associate with, and especially so when it comes to dating/romance/love and thereafter. This isn't really an arroagance, though. This isn't "I'm superior to others". NO, this is something much else. I never really understood what it meant to be in love. I did not know the depth of my passions, or how I could love. But now I do. And knowing how you love is really important, because once you know that, you know what you have to look for in other people.

(Side note for later ----- I've been doing a lot of thinking about Love lately, and what it is, what it takes)

But the paradox comes from this -
I have already mentioned my "selectiveness", my careful of who I associate with, etc. I mentioned why I am that way. But there is something else......

Since the end of that 'relationship', I've slowly been feeling better and better. About everything. I've grown a lot... I'm learning how to be happy more, how to smile more. I've realized mostly that I am actually a social person and..........

really, I don't like to spend a lot of time alone.
I've spent more time alone, I think, than anyone should. And I just don't mean socially, I mean.... physically. Just actually being alone in a room, with one other person in a house, on the other side of the house. I also realize that...... living like that for so long - it warped me, and made me weaker, made me strange. It's like not getting enough to eat, or not enough oxygen - you act differently......

So I realized that I am indeed a social person.
I'm still not a complete "extrovert", no, not at all. That isn't me. But I am social, and like socializing, I realize.

Slowly, I've been making more jokes, being more socially involved with everyone. And my personality has gotten a lot better. I'll tell you about my NYC trip in my next post - I realize I've written a lot already!

SO yeah, to sum it up ... I'm going to be very selective about people, very high standards. I'm not going to compromise who I am.... (actually, I realize, that.... although I've said it a lot, it is true - I'm not like most other people. I'm kind of different. Not being arrogant, either, I just am. I've taken a few personality tests and they all say that. I think it's true - I'm most comfortable when I'm being an individual, when I do things my own way, even if it is against the grain). Anyhow.................

So the paradox, yes - - - -

Being uncompromising of my values, standards, being selective about who I associate with, and careful about relationships. At the same time - enjoying everything more; being more social, being more confident and happy, a whole lot more sure of myself and who I am, and just feeling good, and enjoying interacting with other people.

I've done a lot of growing, I think that's what it is. But I'm really happy and proud of the person I am - - - though there is a lot of room for improvement, and I sure do plan on improving. (Also, I've realized I have a certain love of learning now... and I'm beginning to embrace that more.....). But yeah, I'm feeling really good these days.

I wish I could give some of this... happiness to the rest of my family, lol, a lot's happened. But....... I've learned many times that the only thing you control is "you", what you do, how you act. I think everyone has their authentic self to be, and you can only change that so much. You've gotta be the hero in your life, and not be the victim....

(hahaha....... yes, now, to take it all the way back to the top - I feel Americans are too in to "being the victim"... but enough of that for now)

============

Ah, lost my train of thought! Got distracted....

Oh, and lastly.........

I just got "Actung Baby!" the other day, and listened to it all the way through. I've heard some of the songs before, and was kind of turned off by the music. But someone here on Interference wrote a really good review, and it was actually really good. I got the lyrics to all the songs, and read the review as I listened to each song, and it was great. Now I understand "Actung Baby" and that period in U2 history.

So yeah, I guess that's all for now.

Wow, I wrote......... quite a bit. :huh:
Hope you enjoyed reading, lol
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom