Alternatives to webshots???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Truly

The Fly
I was just wondering if anyone knows any good alternatives to webshots. I know there's been all this business of webshots deleting albums so I want to transfer my pics to somewhere safe.

So, if you know of anywhere, suggest away...
smile.gif

As you probably know I lost the whole kit and kaboodle, 1002 pics
frown.gif

Alternatives:
www.snapfish.com-

advantages:

no public views so no one sees them and turns you in

upload 12 at a time

disadvantages:

shrinks your pics

can't share with others so they can post

can't rename your pics from what they were saved as

won't upload anything but JPEG images

www.monkeyview.com

I don't know enough about this to comment, but it seems to be very slow but works. Being that it is not that popular of a site you may be safe. There is just no way I will be able to put my entire collection on a site this slow. Good luck.

Any more? I'd love to hear about them too.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 01-07-2002).]

Good post.

I also use snapfish but that sucks too cuz its slow and it shrinks your pictures but at least I havent heard of anyone's snapfish album disapearing.

So yeah I'd like to know of alternatives as well.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Sicy's FTP

Thanks! I think I'll check out Snapfish. That really sucks about your pics U2Kitten
frown.gif

Luckily, I haven't lost any yet, and I only have a few anyway, but I just don't want to run the risk.

well girls there you have it
frown.gif
it says it will appear later? when? if? sigh.......
frown.gif

I was so excited too: you can enlarge the size and I made it huge! You can upload all types of images, this one was a bitmap. It never said anything about trial accounts, I don't know what I am supposed to do but wait.

[This message has been edited by Veranda (edited 01-07-2002).]

Okay, thank you, what is a trial account and how long will it take? The pic is one of your Bono rosary pics, it has a bright blue background and it copied huge! It will be awesome if it ever shows up.

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

I have discovered the problem ladies, and it reeks. The 'trial account' means that it is free for 30 days but will not post. If you want them to post, you must pay. It's only $2.95 per month and you must say 'image hosted by imageevent' when you post it. That would be totally worth it if I knew the pics would be big, beautiful and safe. Does anyone think this is tricky and we may be caught and turned in after all this? SIGH. What do you think?
confused.gif

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

Just so you know, I'm saying its lame because you shouldnt have to pay anything, and you shouldnt have to type thier name or whatever every time you post a pic.

Its all webshits fault!!! GRR

Good.

And it looks like you can upload 20 pictures at once.

I'm gonna play with this and see how it goes, I'll keep everyone updated.

WOW!!!!
smile.gif
You mean you found something that works?! Woo-hoo! Hallelujah could this be our deliverance from the evil webshots? Thanks Sicy, let us know all about it! Thanks Icelady for finding that site!

------------------

Sorry I keep posting .

Shitttttt.. you need to be a member to view that link correct?? If someone can tell me.

I need to find a way to change that, if possible.

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 01-07-2002).]

Originally posted by Sicy:
YESSSSSSS VICTORY IS MINE!!!

YEAH VICTORY FOR PLEBA!! ALL HAIL SICY AND ICELADY! WE ARE SAVED!!

------------------

Wow! My webshots account is still in good working order (miraculously, after everything that's happened), but it's great to know about this DotPhoto thing just in case. Thanks!
smile.gif

OKAY OKAY.

DotPhoto seems to work, BUT I had HUNDREDS of photos on WebShots - does DP have the capability for holding a LOT of pictures???

And is is PRIVATE - that is, nobody's gonna blow away my albums???
mad.gif

And how do we upload/import pictures - is it easy, does it take long? Can we do Jpegs and Bitmaps and Gifs??

CRIMINY, this is gonna again take me forever to upload them all. AGAIN. Sigh....

thanks for the tips gals. Want to hear more feedback on these though, before I commit.

disco

Well Disco, what alternative do you really have? I mean, you have to start uploading sooner or later, all your pics are gone.
frown.gif

I just uploaded 5 albums in less than an hour... you can upload 10 pics at once. I tried a gif but it didnt work.. :-\ But you can upload mpg, jpg and wav files too.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Sicy's FTP

one more thing, kids. When you try to do a search for "U2" you can't - it has to be at least 3 letters!

And I did a search for 'Bono' and only one small group of 9 pics popped up!

???

Alright!... a site that works! Thanks for the info on dotphoto everyone!!! It's going to take me forever to upload all my pics, but it's better than nothing (or Webshits).

I also like the fact that you can have more than 36 pics in one album.... very nice.

Hopefully these work!

i602B84AF-1EC5-46E5-896E-E74EF3F7E503.jpg

i8F676A8C-596B-4201-A893-A5BCA8D29E38.jpg

------------------
Oh great ocean
Oh great sea
Run to the ocean
Run to the sea

[This message has been edited by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen (edited 01-07-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom