All Things Australia-ish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dickheads who did this really must be punished. It's an abhorrent, disgraceful act... But it's no different from the legalised "sport" of duck hunting, which for some reason is still allowed to go on

I love Media Watch on the ABC. Truly insightful stuff. Helped by the hugely entertaining smug attitude of the host Jonathan Holmes. Great to watch.

Saw Josh Thomas tonight... and he was actually surprisingly funny. I'm not a fan of his I'm-a-loser schtick on TV, and his jokes aren't funny, but he has a few genuinely funny stories to tell and made me laugh. Got a bit of mileage out of the twitter feud with Ruby Rose.

bono_man2002 said:
Have you seen Wil yet? or are you seeing him this year? God its been years since I've been to the comedy festival!

cobl04 said:
Just got back from Wil Anderson. Fifth time I've seen him and once again he has failed to disappoint. He fuses vulgar, offensive and hilarious comedy with serious topics. He talks about the Westboro Baptist Church, Don't Ask Don't Tell, gay marriage... and he has positive, correct views on all of them. He does a spot-on bogan impression and illustrates perfectly how many of them are fucking idiots and exposes their prejudiced, discriminatory views in a way that had tears rolling down my cheeks.

My favourite comedian of all time, and it's not even close. Please don't knock him until you've seen his actual one-hour show.

:heart:

Incidentally Josh was at the Arts Centre, which is classy as all fuck!

Viewers hit back at comedian Denise Scott over autism joke | Herald Sun

This is the joke she's in strife for:

People are up in arms. How are there so many people who have completely missed what she is saying? I agree with her! People say things offhand like, "oh, I'm a bit OCD" or "I'm a bit of alco" etc, when they have not been diagnosed with these disorders, they've just got a few behavioural problems, like everyone does from time to time. Wil touched on the same thing on Tuesday night.

I don't like Denise Scott much, but she hasn't said "I hate people who have
autism. It's just a fancy word made up for people with a few behavioural problems." But that's what people have chosen to hear/read.

This kind of bullshit gets right up my nose, not because I disagree with her, but because people who Do actually have one of these are automatically doubted and you feel like you have to almost provide a medical certificate to some people. I've got coeliac disease (I hate when people spell it wrong), and so many people say "oh, a gluten intolerance?" NO! It's an Actual disease, diagnosed with first a blood test and then a biopsy! I've had 2 biopsies and other delightful procedures done over the years and it's not about a trendy food allergy. It's about a seriously high risk of osteoporosis and cancer. I kinda secretly thank all these halfwits with apparent allergies. When I was diagnosed, gluten free food just didn't exist. Now, it's everywhere, thanks to hippy idiots with non-immunized children named Ruben and delila who live in the city and exist on espresso and tofu.
Forgive my sensitivity, lol. My oldest has tested positive for the antibodies and now needs a biopsy to confirm it. She was only just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in feb. Life is a giant arse.
:angry:

The dickheads who did this really must be punished. It's an abhorrent, disgraceful act... But it's no different from the legalised "sport" of duck hunting, which for some reason is still allowed to go on

Some people have a warped concept of sport in general. Shooting animals? Beating the shit out of someone boxing? Beach volleyball?

Ok, I kid on that last one, but honestly. Humans are daft.

You know what I like about Australia - everyone knows all the words to Khe Sahn. You haven't lived until you've drunkdanced in a circle to that song.

Last plane outta sydneys almost gone

I think that's about the 15th time you've told us that, cobbler :wink:

This kind of bullshit gets right up my nose, not because I disagree with her, but because people who Do actually have one of these are automatically doubted and you feel like you have to almost provide a medical certificate to some people. I've got coeliac disease (I hate when people spell it wrong), and so many people say "oh, a gluten intolerance?" NO! It's an Actual disease, diagnosed with first a blood test and then a biopsy! I've had 2 biopsies and other delightful procedures done over the years and it's not about a trendy food allergy. It's about a seriously high risk of osteoporosis and cancer. I kinda secretly thank all these halfwits with apparent allergies. When I was diagnosed, gluten free food just didn't exist. Now, it's everywhere, thanks to hippy idiots with non-immunized children named Ruben and delila who live in the city and exist on espresso and tofu.
Forgive my sensitivity, lol. My oldest has tested positive for the antibodies and now needs a biopsy to confirm it. She was only just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in feb. Life is a giant arse.
:angry:
:( So sorry to hear that Anna. Know what you mean about the coeliac and type 1. Been tested myself, negative thankfully. But when you start with one autoimmune thing (Addison's, me) then you're on the merry go round for all the others :mad:

Jason Byrne tonight. Carl Barron on the 6th.

Seriously cannot wait for Carl Barron. Even shit like, "I've never seen a bloke wearing bells at a party" cracks my shit up.

I posted this in the funny things thread but nobody's replied yet, and it cracked me up so much I'm posting it here too.

972cd387-4053-42f8-8ea7-8758e6adbed3.jpg

Well get on it, Melbourne council!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I love how everytime I look at the photo there's something else totally hilarious that I hadn't noticed before. At first sight I laughed at Magnus and how he yearned for more magnets in Melbourne.

Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom