All Southern Hemisphere tour information/rumours here please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the contrary, I feel that this may have an impact on whether the ROW actually gets any U2 this tour. Its definetly relevant to this conversation.

My feeling now is that we probably wont get U2 in Australia this tour after this because i think they will get Bono better enough to do those dates already released to the public and then that'll be it :(

Let's remember Live Nation Australia will be hoping they come because they just opened thier Australian offices. Plus people tend to forget that the band signed an 11 year contract with them. Putting it simply, they'll be in Australia sometime this tour. Australia is too big of a market these days to bypass.

Obviously, it depends on how many dates they drop/need to reschedule. If it only ends up being less than 10, they could work it out. The gap between the US ending and Europe starting isn't massive, stage logistics considered, but possibly workable if they end up dropping only, say, the six or seven gigs before Glastonbury, which I'd think - without us knowing any details of what he's actually done, but assuming it's only so super 'serious' due to the nature and urgency of his day job - is a pretty likely outcome. In fact, I find it surprising that SLC is the only formally/publicly postponed gig.

Any more than that, and you'd think they would be getting close to giving the whole leg up and rescheduling it for post-Europe. But that would be winter in the US, so they might have to can it till the northern spring at least, which still leaves the prospective Southern Hemisphere tour window clear. But then - proper rest and rehabilitation between legs may have just become very important.

Also, don't put too much on the Live Nation contract. It doesn't mean anything in terms of U2's plans, it just means that if they have any, Live Nation own them. The 10 year contract doesn't mean U2 are guaranteed to be touring for another 10 years (although that's likely), it just means that any tours U2 undertake within the next 10 years are tied up to Live Nation. If they suddenly decide to break up or be done with touring, they owe Live Nation nothing.

That's all well and good Earnie, but how do you rate our chances at the World Cup?

It's a good excuse for drinking at work, but barring some unimaginable tragedy involving about 8 private jets at once, it will be a very short lived bit of fun. I live in London now though, so I get to commit the ultimate blasphemy (and risk having to hand over my passport) and continue supporting a different side after Australia are knocked out, due to no reason other than a desperate desire to get involved in a massive riot of some kind before I'm too old, i.e. I hope England go all the way (riot) or get knocked out at the last stage under highly controversial circumstances (riot). You haven't lived until you've tipped over a police car or thrown a molotov cocktail through the window of your local Portuguese chicken shop/Spanish Tapas Bar/Argentinean Grill Restaurant.

Obviously, it depends on how many dates they drop/need to reschedule. If it only ends up being less than 10, they could work it out. The gap between the US ending and Europe starting isn't massive, stage logistics considered, but possibly workable if they end up dropping only, say, the six or seven gigs before Glastonbury, which I'd think - without us knowing any details of what he's actually done, but assuming it's only so super 'serious' due to the nature and urgency of his day job - is a pretty likely outcome. In fact, I find it surprising that SLC is the only formally/publicly postponed gig.

Any more than that, and you'd think they would be getting close to giving the whole leg up and rescheduling it for post-Europe. But that would be winter in the US, so they might have to can it till the northern spring at least, which still leaves the prospective Southern Hemisphere tour window clear. But then - proper rest and rehabilitation between legs may have just become very important.

Also, don't put too much on the Live Nation contract. It doesn't mean anything in terms of U2's plans, it just means that if they have any, Live Nation own them. The 10 year contract doesn't mean U2 are guaranteed to be touring for another 10 years (although that's likely), it just means that any tours U2 undertake within the next 10 years are tied up to Live Nation. If they suddenly decide to break up or be done with touring, they owe Live Nation nothing.

Agreed. I will say though, that if they were expecting a lengthy recovery, they would have called the leg off/postponed straight away. If there was no prospect of him being up and running for one of the first 5, they would have calle the postponement in early

Agreed. I will say though, that if they were expecting a lengthy recovery, they would have called the leg off/postponed straight away. If there was no prospect of him being up and running for one of the first 5, they would have calle the postponement in early

Yeah, maybe, but not necessarily. The news got ahead of them a bit. You can bet they would have preferred to make only one, complete announcement, once they were 110% sure of everything, rather than announce in stages. Likely if it were completely under their control, we wouldn't have heard a single thing till later this week when they have a complete idea of when Bono will be up and running again.

They were forced to say something early, couldn't be disingenuous (would be wrong to not acknowledge that postponements were a reality), and couldn't be too wishy washy either. They don't actually know the true extent, likely have a rough idea, but don't think thats good enough to take to the fans. They don't want to either come out sounding unsure "probably seattle, but we'll see", and don't want to make multiple "five gigs" (week later) "and another five" announcements. So they postpone only the first gig as a warning shot and acknowledgement so fans understand exactly what's going on here, and then return to the preferred plan of one announcement once they are 110% sure of it. That could still mean (although unlikely) a totally canned leg announced later in the week.

If it's really a simple, garden variety slipped disc thing, barring complications, I'd still bet on either a Seattle, or Glasto/Minn re-start, and the difference between the two might well be what they're unsure of at this stage. If that's all he's done.

What?! What the hell is ugly about this?!

West-Coast-7.gif
:scream: My eyes! My eyes!

Well now since U2360 will go into 2011 (North American leg rescheduling), chances of Southern Hemisphere?

Well now since U2360 will go into 2011 (North American leg rescheduling), chances of Southern Hemisphere?

Was the consensus for Oct/Nov/Dec 2010 or Feb/Mar 2011?

If it was 2011, how long to get the CLAWs back to NA for the rescheduled shows.

OMG! I'd love to end this year with some U2 in NZ!

Was the consensus for Oct/Nov/Dec 2010 or Feb/Mar 2011?

If it was 2011, how long to get the CLAWs back to NA for the rescheduled shows.

OMG! I'd love to end this year with some U2 in NZ!

NA shows are rescheduled for 2011, dates not announced yet. Though it would be nice for some Southern Hemisphere shows.

*IF* shows for Aust/NZ/JP etc were in the pipeline for late 2010/ early 2011, I doubt they'll can them just to do squeeze in the NA dates.

Sorry about the bad vibes the other day. After hearing the edge speak on U2.com, I'm feeling much better about all of this :)

I believe this blurb from Billboard pretty much sums up any potential Australian plans....

The European tour ends Oct. 8 in Rome, but beginning in North America in the fall would have brought its own set of issues, weather chief among them. So the decision was made to extend the tour into next year, which had already been discussed before the current developments, but not finalized, Fogel says. “Needless to say at this point we’re looking at all kinds of different scenarios,” he says.

So, planning/discussion stages but nothing set in concrete.

Live nation iniciÓ contactos para ampliar gira en 2011

Tenemos confirmación que la productora Live Nation inició los contactos con las productoras locales para ampliar el U2360° Tour, no sólo en Chile, sino que también en Brasil, Argentina, Perú, México, Japón, Corea del Sur, Australia, Nueva Zelanda, Estados Unidos y Canadá.

El programa por meses, continentes y países es el siguiente:

Primera Quincena de Febrero: Japón y Corea del Sur (Asia)
Segunda Quincena de Febrero: Australia y Nueva Zelanda (Oceanía)
Marzo: Chile, Argentina, Brasil, Perú (Sudamérica)
Abril-Mayo: Mexico, USA, Canada (Norteamérica)

En Sudamérica fueron contactados los datos técnicos, capacidad, orientación y factibilidad para los siguientes estadios, con el fin de ser evaluados por las productoras locales que trabajan con Live Nation (T4F) y así para poder ser arrendadas durante el mes de Marzo del 2011:

- Estadio Monumental de Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Estadio Morumbí de Sao Paulo, Brasil.
- Estadio Maracaná de Rio de Janeiro, Brasil.
- Estadio Nacional de Lima, Peru.

Los contactos y firmas de contratos se realizarán en los próximos meses, previa confirmación en U2.com, así como también las fechas reprogramadas para Estados Unidos y Canadá que serían a partir del mes de abril de 2011.

Más información pronto.

U2Chile.net | El Portal Oficial de U2 en Chile - LIVE NATION INICI? CONTACTOS PARA AMPLIAR GIRA EN 2011

^ for those of us who um, don't speak spanish . . .:shifty: . . . praise be to the bonomeister for google translate . . . it may not be perfect but I guess we get the gist . . . and then check the date to make sure it's not April 1 . . . :D

We have confirmation that the producer Live Nation initiated contacts with local producers to expand U2360 ° Tour, not only in Chile but also in Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, United States U.S. and Canada.

Program for months, continents and countries is as follows:

First half of February: Japan and South Korea (Asia)
Late February: Australia and New Zealand (Oceania)
March: Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Peru (South America)
April-May: Mexico, USA, Canada (North America)

In South America were contacted technical data, capacity, guidance and feasibility for the following stages, in order to be assessed by the local producers who work with Live Nation (T4F) and thus to be leased during the month of March 2011:

- Estadio Monumental de Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Morumbi Stadium in Sao Paulo, Brasil.
- Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- National Stadium in Lima, Peru.

The contacts and contract signings will be held in the coming months, following confirmation on U2.com, as well as rescheduled dates for the United States and Canada that would be from April 2011.

More soon.

U2Chile.net | The Official website of U2 in Chile - LIVE NATION TO EXPAND HOME CONTACT TOUR 2011

not sure when the above was first posted on the U2Chile website but am guessing ( :D ) that recent events will have mayhaps forced some changes to this :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom