All Southern Hemisphere tour information/rumours here please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The following is somewhat hypothetical, since I reckon the News.com.au exaggerates the significance of the Bon Jovi and especially The Eagles tours on potential U2 sales:

If tickets were to go on sale very soon, I'm not sure it's going to make a difference whether the gigs are held in December or early 2011. Market saturation for concerts isn't so much created by having a number held in the same month; rather, it's how close their respective ticket sales are.

Three tours could be in completely different times of the year, but if they go on sale close to each other, the third tour will suffer (as far as the casual market goes) because people will have already bought tickets to the two earlier tours and won't have as much disposable cash to spend on ANOTHER gig. By contrast, you could have three major tours in the same month, but if they all went on sale at vastly different times, the market isn't half as saturated because people have had time to earn more disposable cash between each sale.

If U2 come down here in early 2011, it does allow them to delay the ticket sales just that much more, allowing more disposable cash to accumulate in the casual market after the recent sales for other bands. And when you're playing big fucking stadiums, that's important. As long as they get in before people put down too much money for summer festivals, they're good.

(Personally? I just don't want the tour to be during summer. March/April would be most desirable from my perspective.)

i think i'll just watch it on dvd instead, people just buy a ticket to be in the crowd, they cant even see them, they pay $200 to be 10 kms away from the band...

oh not to reign on everyone's parade, but bono and the boys are a glamourised oldies act these days.

I still find it funny have CrashedCarDriver and Charged_VT...haha, hopefully they aren't alters!

Nobody's forcing anyone to go, but I guess its one extra ticket available!

i think i'll just watch it on dvd instead, people just buy a ticket to be in the crowd, they cant even see them, they pay $200 to be 10 kms away from the band...

oh not to reign on everyone's parade, but bono and the boys are a glamourised oldies act these days.

417.gif

i shouldn't complain, one more ticket for people who want to be there.

Aw diddums, guess we won't be seeing you hanging around this place, I hope. :hug:

Now scuttle off.

U2 To Officially Announce Oz Tour

We nearly choked on our cornflakes when we heard this news early this morning. U2 will officially announce dates for their Aussie tour in August!

Our music reporter Nui Te Koa broke the news to Triple M Melbourne's Hot Breakfast show this morning.

"U2 are about to announce their Australian tour for 2011," said Nui. "This announcement will roll out in August.

"Big players Live Nation, who are the world's biggest tour company, have moved to Melbourne, they're setting up an office here and they will announce the U2 tour in August."

And when does Nui think the concert will be? "The concert will be next summer so early 2011".

And in other tour news, it's looking very likely that Bon Jovi will announce a second show at Etihad Stadium in Melbourne. According to sources at Etihad it's all on the go they just need to sort out dates and ticketing.

http://www.triplem.c...00713-94mm.html

This is getting exciting, probably only about 4 weeks until we have dates!!!!
So it could either be December or February, from what Nui was saying it seems to be February, which is what I'm hoping for. Would be easier for people to travel and get time off work.

Yay for the impeding dates!

Boo if its February - the busiest time of the year and the most difficult time to get leave from work for me. Feb is the start of the academic year and I work at a Uni. :sad: November or December is much more betterer for me. Ill have to see what I can do about Feb. Ill start plotting now...

PS Thanks for the update. Sounds like something is actually happening now!

Depends if Triple M get in on as a sponsor for the tour. Eddie didn't have a breaky show last time...

I know it won't happen. Just stirring the pot. :)

I'm in my last year so I probably will need a bit of july to finish, and cannot go away in the middle of the year. But august would be holiday month here, so I could come over to Melbourne at least. Danny said we're going to the zoo so I'm holding him to that promise. :D

Will you guys go see any mainland Aus shows aside the NZ ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom