All Purpose Pre-Show Lineup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to read this whole thread but just got email from venue. It says line up at 8am get a number and come back at 4 pm. Isn't that simple and no confusion and no need for line generals? I don't get it. If you are 97 or 234 that's it. You don't have to worry about the line anymore.

Anyway I'm happy to show up after everyone else gets their spot. I look forward to going to GA and still enjoying the rest of my day as well.

I might walk the GA line during a show where I have a seat and give them the finger Spock style in that classic Conan Star Wars triumph sketch.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Umm...apparently the list is already underway for tomorrow. Not sure where, but it's at least 50 people. :reject:

m5k05enh9caq9fjc0qcu_zpslvhcjdv0.gif

megaeyerollvg5.gif

Umm...apparently the list is already underway for tomorrow. Not sure where, but it's at least 50 people. :reject:

Dude. I walked into GA at 7:25 and immediately was within 3 people of the rail about a third of the way out from the I stage. But the end of the second I was within one. Then I moved to the e stage during the Wanderer and did it again. Then I went to within 1/4 of the way out from the I stage and did it a third time. I bumped no one, and no one said boo to me. You do not need to stress out about this.

I really want to be the person in charge of the line just to prevent all this list bullshit. If the show comes to Portland you can either camp out with me or you can choose to line up later. None of this bullshit about leaving and checking in.

What do you guys bring or don't to U2 show in terms of jackets and bags etc. I figure people come from work so bags that hold laptops they would probably let in ... I never tried. I always take as light jacket and only because I want some place to hold my Epi Pen in case Bono stings me. If I wasn't allergic to bees (not many I see in city but still) I'd wear just tshirt.

Dude. I walked into GA at 7:25 and immediately was within 3 people of the rail about a third of the way out from the I stage. But the end of the second I was within one. Then I moved to the e stage during the Wanderer and did it again. Then I went to within 1/4 of the way out from the I stage and did it a third time. I bumped no one, and no one said boo to me. You do not need to stress out about this.

Yes, but were you close enough for Adam to wipe his snot on you?

No?

Exactly.

Chalk another one up for the list makers!

Not stressed. Just sharing my info in case anyone wanted to line up.

It is hard for short people who get there late, but us GA shorties know that going in. There's always going to part of the show we miss!

:wave: hey line neighbor from Toronto 2! I was with Kelly ;)

:wave: Hello!

I really want to be the person in charge of the line just to prevent all this list bullshit. If the show comes to Portland you can either camp out with me or you can choose to line up later. None of this bullshit about leaving and checking in.

I dunno, I kinda would have liked the check-in system when U2 last toured. Pitching up at the Sky Dome in the wee hours of the morning and sitting there all day with no shade during the height of an Ontarian heat wave, only being able to leave for brief bathroom/snack breaks, was NOT fun. I nearly passed out during the show, and I didn't even manage to get the rail spot I'd spent the entire day shooting for.

This crap about starting the list and lining up more than a day in advance is just that: crap. I don't really have a huge problem with the list being started around 10 or 11pm the night before a show to discourage camping out at the venue, though, as long as the location of said list is not kept a secret. Being able to sleep in a comfortable bed and check-in at the reasonable hour of 9am, rather than pitching up at 6am or earlier and hoping for the best, made a big difference this time around. It also made a huge difference being able to take a much longer break from the line around midday than I would have otherwise. By the time the show started, I actually felt energized. During previous GA outings when I was hoping for a rail spot, I was drained and had a headache long before the band hit the stage, which obviously affected my enjoyment of the shows. The list and check-in system is a good idea in principle, IMO, just as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

Not only is it easy to get up front (I could get to the front row by the e-stage at 8 pm at the first TO show), but there is no need.

I also had a seat, dead centre row 2 in the douchebag seats and honestly preferred that to being on the floor. The only advantage of the floor is being able to move/dance. Otherwise, the view of the entire show is much better from the lower bowl seats. And that's the first time I've ever said such a thing.

You mean Steve, right?

I just walked in at 6:30 and you can be second row almost anywhere except the stages. There you'll have to settle for 3rd.

Yes, but were you close enough for Adam to wipe his snot on you?

No?

Exactly.

Chalk another one up for the list makers!

I am satisfied with my view of the teeny tiny freckles and fuzz on Edge's arm, and the tape keeping the IEM on the backs of their necks. It was pretty damn close. ;)

I just walked in at 6:30 and you can be second row almost anywhere except the stages. There you'll have to settle for 3rd.

Did similar, walked in afew minutes before 7:00 was 2nd row on catwalk about 10' from e stage.

Got my wristband already for tonight though, going out with a bang.

What do you guys bring or don't to U2 show in terms of jackets and bags etc. I figure people come from work so bags that hold laptops they would probably let in ... I never tried. I always take as light jacket and only because I want some place to hold my Epi Pen in case Bono stings me. If I wasn't allergic to bees (not many I see in city but still) I'd wear just tshirt.

I either have my phone, ID, cash, and CC or hard ticket in my pocket, or I have a very small drawstring pouch I have on my back if I need "other" items. I've never taken a normal purse or bag to a concert. They did allow purses and small bags in Chicago, but the more you have the longer you are held up (and holding others up) getting checked and in the door.

I bring my purse with me. I'm a type 1 diabetic and I need to carry insulin, test strips, meter, and snacks and water to sneak in. There's a good chance of my sugar dropping during the show. I'm not paying $5 for candy. On two nights security glanced into my bag and two others didn't even look at it. Although my blood sugar was wonky before and throughout the show on Saturday, so I had to spend $5 on popcorn and leave briefly during EBW. Damn diabeetus. :angry:

Any rumblings of GA line starting yet for NYC1 yet? Any secret lines under bridges or underpasses ?

Any rumblings of GA line starting yet for NYC1 yet? Any secret lines under bridges or underpasses ?

Haven't heard a thing. I can't think of anywhere nearby where they could possibly camp/have a line where they wouldn't get chased away, unless they want to hang out with the panhandlers & crazies over at the Port Authority. Maybe they're lining up in one of the tunnels under Penn Station, tight against the wall as the trains go by. Or, maybe they could be dressed up in the superhero/Disney/Hello Kitty costumes in Times Square. If you take a picture with one of them, give them $20, you will be put on the list.

Haven't heard a thing. I can't think of anywhere nearby where they could possibly camp/have a line where they wouldn't get chased away, unless they want to hang out with the panhandlers & crazies over at the Port Authority. Maybe they're lining up in one of the tunnels under Penn Station, tight against the wall as the trains go by. Or, maybe they could be dressed up in the superhero/Disney/Hello Kitty costumes in Times Square. If you take a picture with one of them, give them $20, you will be put on the list.

hahaha!!

I have a friend that works in downtown Manhattan and she has not seen anything yet either! good Job NYC!

MSG lines aren't that crazy. You get a few diehards out early/overnight and then it's the following morning. I know this b/c I was #1 at a Vertigo show and there were only about 15-20 other idiots with me at midnight until around 7 am. No secret list, no reserving spots ahead of time. Everyone more or less stuck around and the line actually started and stayed on site.

I'd love a wristband situation, though. I don't mind showing up early if I can go back to sleep/work for a bit before the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom