ALL discussion about Acrobat here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Simple answer: No.

And the fuss about Acrobat is getting tired.

There are so many more great songs they could play. I'd rather hear all of the new songs performed live.

Hmmm... let me see, SUC(K) or Acrobat? Sexy Boots or Acrobat?

I think you could find the easiest possible consensus on Interference right now.

I think you could find the easiest possible consensus on Interference right now.

Yeah gotta say Unicorn, and I like you, but you must be joking right? I want a max of seven off this new album if i'm honest... :reject:

But that doesn't mean I want a greatest hits tour either...

Both rather than Acrobat.

I like those songs, they'll play Boots anyway, and I don't want them to play Acrobat. As much as I love that song(my favourite) I am sure that U2 cannot pull it off now.
It could've been great on the ZooTv tour, but now it's out of context, and it's got some sort of legacy that would be broken if they decide to play it live.

And knowing U2, it'd probably be a shitty accoustic version.

Both rather than Acrobat.

I like those songs, they'll play Boots anyway, and I don't want them to play Acrobat. As much as I love that song(my favourite) I am sure that U2 cannot pull it off now.
It could've been great on the ZooTv tour, but now it's out of context, and it's got some sort of legacy that would be broken if they decide to play it live.

And knowing U2, it'd probably be a shitty accoustic version.

Why couldn't U2 play it now? Technically they are playing better than ever and I'm sure with some extra effort, it could work. They're sure as hell experts when it comes to making old rarely played songs fresh - check out Electric Co. and One Tree Hill on the last tour.

And I don't get this thing about legacy - if they would play it (which I'm pretty damn sure they won't), it would satisfy plenty of U2 fans, so they would create a legacy of indulging a bit to their huge fanbase. Just because it isn't new doesn't mean it's out of context. Acrobat's themes of hypocrisy could definitely fit in with some content on the new album (Breathe and, ironically enough, Stand Up Comedy) - and Bono's worldwide image of today definitely helps matters.

But, they're sure as shit won't play it, so why am I even trying? :D

They're good at making old songs work, but they knew how to play those songs. Acrobat hasn't been played since the studio(save for the Hershey demos) and has never been acknowledged by U2 ever since. It would be like learning a complete new song, figuring out the effects and such, as if it's from a different band. I don't think U2 want to 'waste' their time with that.

Nah, if they'd play it people would bitch and moan how it's not as good as the studio and how it could've been so much better. One thing I know for sure about Interference is that there's always something to bitch about. :wink:

They're good at making old songs work, but they knew how to play those songs. Acrobat hasn't been played since the studio(save for the Hershey demos) and has never been acknowledged by U2 ever since. It would be like learning a complete new song, figuring out the effects and such, as if it's from a different band. I don't think U2 want to 'waste' their time with that.

Actually, that's not entirely true. In a rather recent interview called Off the Record, back in 2006 on HBO (great interview, I suggest you look it up on youtube if you haven't seen it), Bono and Edge let the audience choose songs that they want discussed, and someone shouts out Acrobat and then Bono says something like "it's a very good suggestion...." and then goes on to talk about it ...I think there's a chance, just a very slim chance...but to say that it would be "as if it's from a different band" is a bit extreme....I think Bono/U2 like the song, but it's just hard to get it right live. Who knows, maybe now they can make it work.

It's not hard at all to get it live, I've heard many coverbands (check youtube) play it damn good!

I didn't know of that HBO interview, I'm glad they still acknowledge the song.

I hope they play it but you also need to take into consideration that they change their set lists quite abit so no two gigs are ever the same. They could play Acrobat in London but not in Sheffield so it's tough to say really.

So, can anyone fill me in on exactly why they've never played this song live? Is there a legitimate reason?

Enough about Acrobat already...if anything they might pull out Ultraviolet. I can't stand U2 fans who constantly talk about this song...they have much better songs than this!

Acrobat? Seriously.

After viewing July 2nd's "Breathe" from Barcelona, I feel that they could open the same way (with Larry and Adam) but instead of bursting into Breathe they burst into Acrobat.....very similar opening drums.
Realistically it could open the encore, probably not the real opener.
Thoughts?

I could see Bono swinging around on the monkey mic during Acrobat...Ultraviolet then Acrobat- perfect!!! I have a recording of a Counting Crows show where the band performed August and Everything After from start to finish- I'd love for U2 to perform Achtung Baby in its entirety...(dream on...)

Acrobat for most is at the apex of the unplayed 'holy trinity'

Acrobat
Heartland
Red hill Mining Town

When they said they ahd rehearsed songs never played before 99.99% of interferencers would have prayed for one of these songs

Hmmm, I really like the sound of Ultraviolet into Acrobat just like AB. :hmm:

They rehearsed Drowning Man.
They played Electrical Storm.

Could they play Acrobat this tour? Well, it hasn't been this likely to show up at any time since 1992.....

Acrobat is my holy grail, I can't see them doing it though...
I think they are aware of how well respected this song is amongst the fan community. There has to be a reason they can't do it justice... I was amazed it wasn't played on ZooTV...
I like Electrical Storm, but for me it's not in the same league as any of the 3 mentioned above... :reject:

Back
Top Bottom