All complaints about the setlist HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Soon + Breathe worked.

Stingray + BD, not so much.

Stingray+NLOTH would be sweet IMO.

Yeah, exactly. I think Soon + BD would work, too.

That being said, I really like Stingray, ignoring its placement.

Stingray into a more aggressive, "fun" song like Vertigo, or GOYB as an opener would work a lot better.

Oh, I like the Stingray intro also, it just does not work with Beautiful Day and Beautiful Day should not be the first full song they play.

Just to digress a tiny bit, you know what song is big time under-rated and would be tremendous to hear live: Zooropa.

Just my 2 cents. But what a magnificent song if done right. I'm sure the band feels it's too effects-laden and too dated to that era. But I could die happy if I ever heard that.

Zooropa is one of my favourite U2 songs, but live it was a disaster:lol:

Thankfully UTEOTW is there again.

For me though, TUF/UV trade for North Star is just... no thank you. :down:

No words after tonight. Its just not even worth it any longer. Where U2 are coming from is just beyond me and its not worth putting any further effort into it. :| I was planning many shows next year, if they do not release a new album I may just limit it to one if the current trend continues with the setlist.

Apparently there was a mistake in the setlist reported earlier - the encore was UV and not HTTMetc. Curious to see if they'll start switching them up. If they consistently played both, that would be really great.

No words after tonight. Its just not even worth it any longer.

I'm sorry, but oh my goodness, that's very melodramatic.

:)

Apparently there was a mistake in the setlist reported earlier - the encore was UV and not HTTMetc. Curious to see if they'll start switching them up. If they consistently played both, that would be really great.

I'm sorry, but oh my goodness, that's very melodramatic.

:)

I'm HALF joking. Honestly though, I have no desire to see the show in its current form many, many times. Fortunately the shows next year are a long way off and things can change, including a new album. I really hope so. But its not real encouraging currently.

I'm tired of being disappointed with it. I really meant I don't even feel like making specific comments about what is wrong. It just keeps growing!!!! :lol:

I can understand being reluctant to still go to a lot of shows.

I have tickets to two, and I'm very excited about them, despite the setlist stuff. At this point I think two is plenty, I don't feel a need to travel to more. (Although am waffling about wanting to be in Denver for the US opening, which I think will be very exciting.)

I'm HALF joking. Honestly though, I have no desire to see the show in its current form many, many times. Fortunately the shows next year are a long way off and things can change, including a new album. I really hope so. But its not real encouraging currently.

I'm tired of being disappointed with it. I really meant I don't even feel like making specific comments about what is wrong. It just keeps growing!!!! :lol:

I feel the same way. At this point every show that I have bought tickets for are on the chopping block.

Well, poo.

I guess I'll just have to add "not getting to meet MissVelvetDress" to my list of Things I Blame Bono For.

:wink:

Yeah I haven't given up on the setlist at all, because I know there is still a long wait until the N/A shows. If they still are playing the same stuff by then though, oh boy. I know it's ungrateful and I wish my feelings were different but I'm going to feel really bummed if I waited over a year, and spent a lot of money for 2 nights of 90% the same thing I saw back in Vegas and Pasadena.

I'm fairly confident though that there will be some good shake-ups over the course of this leg. (hopefully? :reject: )

Zooropa is one of my favourite U2 songs, but live it was a disaster:lol:
I think almost all U2 songs are "playable" live. It's just a question of the band spending some time rehearsing well and trying to find the perfect (or the most suitable) arrangement. "Zooropa", "Being Born" or others are no exception: if tribute bands can play it (and many times surpisingly well!), U2 can do it to.

So you know how I feel that, although I have tickets for Lisbon in October, I feel sad for being forced to admit that I don't feel not even half of the excitement I had 5, 9 or 13 years ago.

When will the full band/album version of I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight? Its been played only 3 times and I've been in attendance all 3 times when they have performed it in public. Letterman, Fordham and Barcelona 2. Crazy (Remix) needs to take a break. How about a Pop medley with Crazy (Remix) at the end? 10 minute song with Gone, Discotheque, Do You Feel Loved, MoFo,then the closer Crazy (Remix).

I feel sad for being forced to admit that I don't feel not even half of the excitement I had 5, 9 or 13 years ago.

That just sounds like life to me. I hope you're not trying to blame THAT on this month's setlists. ;)

When will the full band/album version of I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight? Its been played only 3 times and I've been in attendance all 3 times when they have performed it in public. Letterman, Fordham and Barcelona 2. Crazy (Remix) needs to take a break. How about a Pop medley with Crazy (Remix) at the end? 10 minute song with Gone, Discotheque, Do You Feel Loved, MoFo,then the closer Crazy (Remix).

Shun the unbeliever! SHUNNNNN! :madwife:

Sorry but i really cannot understand some people who already have tickets for a U2 show, to then say they are considering not going, to me thats just un real.

Yeah I haven't given up on the setlist at all, because I know there is still a long wait until the N/A shows. If they still are playing the same stuff by then though, oh boy. I know it's ungrateful and I wish my feelings were different but I'm going to feel really bummed if I waited over a year, and spent a lot of money for 2 nights of 90% the same thing I saw back in Vegas and Pasadena.

I'm fairly confident though that there will be some good shake-ups over the course of this leg. (hopefully? :reject: )

I'm sorry to say that you will get at least 90% of the current setlist next year.... I'm 90% confident about it:wink:
U2 don't seem enjoying changing things around this tour. The only changes they made are crap. Ejecting TUF from the setlist and dropping UTEOTW at least once already....what a shame. However, they keep coming with the boring North Star and rehearsing the biggest warhorse ever "Pride" :doh:

Sorry but i really cannot understand some people who already have tickets for a U2 show, to then say they are considering not going, to me thats just un real.

so if they were playing a show that you didn't really care for, and is almost a total rehash of stuff you had seen many times. along with that you had to travel (plane tickets, hotels, traveling expenses) spending quite a bit of money- you can't understand why you might change your mind? Really?

I don't think anyone is talking about not going to see them in their own city, but traveling to multiple shows.

i purposely didn't buy tickets for any US shows for this very reason. 360 was my least favorite tour, and I wanted to see if it improved. It has not, and has gotten significantly worse. If I had gotten tickets for anywhere where i had to travel, I would be looking at getting rid of them in a heartbeat. They are not planning on coming to Atlanta right now, if they were I would still go but that would be it. As it stands I would not travel anywhere to see this show.

Your a U2 fan though? surely being a U2 you enjoy most of the songs? thats what i dont understand, there playing 23 songs a night and your telling me as a fan you dont even like a good few of those 23 songs?

i still love the idea of Stingray/NLOTH.

otherwise, i've listened to the Frankfurt bootleg 3 times through now, and i actually think the set flows pretty well. sure, i'd love for the band to play most of Zooropa and Pop, but i'm trying to set realistic expectations.

not saying that all of you are doing this and i might get flamed for saying this, but i get the feeling that some of you look at the setlist on paper and right away assume it doesn't flow well. maybe i'm wrong and should just go fuck myself. i don't know.

Back
Top Bottom