Ali Thread #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is pretty small.

I met her once in Dublin and she was shorter than me. I'm 1.67 cm.

It was lovely to meet her.

Thanks for the info! So, Ali is just a little bit shorter than me. I'm looking for a nice style of dress for an up coming Christmas dance and most of the time. Finding a dress in the misses department is a nightmare. Too long or I lost lost in the clothing.

U2_-_3D_7124639005521_display.jpg

Thanks you Niamh for posting the beautiful photo of Ali and bono :D Also the link to the video :D I love Ali's accent shes so beautiful ;)

Do you mean small as in short? I'm 5'7 and US size 5. I want to get that purple dress soon.

Ok. I'm going to buy jeans from Edun's outlet section on their website, but having trouble with sizes. I'm a size 4 or 5 in U.S., but the sizes for the jeans starts at 24. Can someone please help me with figuring out the right size?

Ok. I'm going to buy jeans from Edun's outlet section on their website, but having trouble with sizes. I'm a size 4 or 5 in U.S., but the sizes for the jeans starts at 24. Can someone please help me with figuring out the right size?

Gosh you are very skinny I think a US size 4 is about a UK size 6 - 8.

Usually when jeans state 24 that refers to the waiste size in inches. I avoid clothes when measured like this as I can never get them to fit as I have a small waiste but bigger bum! I`d be interested to see how you get on :wave:

Try 27's Or 28's. More than likely a 27's. I have the monarch's in 27 which is about a US 4 to 6. To put it in an easier way for anyone to understand 24= 0 25= 2, 26= 2-4 ,27= 4-6, 28=6, 29=6-8, 30=8 31= 8-10 (all US sizes of course).

Hopefully that'll help.

Pets.com ? Weekly Blog

Later that week Some Irish Wolfhounds (I mean friends) invited me to attend The (RED) Auction to Benefit AIDS in Africa hosted by Bono and world renown artist Damien Hirst. Hirst is famous for his animal related artwork, most notably whole or parts of animals preserved in formaldehyde. Hirst has worked with sharks, sheep, cows, bulls, doves, and butterflies and guaranteed me that no animals are harmed in the creation artwork. Hirst holds the record for the highest earning living artist after one of his pieces, Lullaby Spring, topped that of Jasper Johns. Another of Hirst's projects, a diamond encrusted human skull entitled For The Love of God is rumored to have sold for $100 million. I wasn't quite sure if Sotheby's was pet-friendly so I left Lucky at home, but I told Hirst about her and he drew me a picture of her and needless to say it quickly became my favorite picture of her ever... I have to call my insurance broker, as my little Lucky is priceless, but this sketch of Lucky signed by Damien may be worth millions. While I was there I chatted with Bono and his wife Ali Hewson about their dogs Shanti and Helena, who'snamed after supermodel Helena Christensen because, as Hewson told me "the mongrel was so beautiful we had to name her after Helena!" Incidentally Christensen also happened to be there. They told me both dogs are mongrels joking that mongrel is Irish for mutt. The two will be designing for our 9th annual Paws for Style benefit fashion show through their clothing company Edun, so expect some rockin' outfits!

Pets.com ? Weekly Blog

Later that week Some Irish Wolfhounds (I mean friends) invited me to attend The (RED) Auction to Benefit AIDS in Africa hosted by Bono and world renown artist Damien Hirst. Hirst is famous for his animal related artwork, most notably whole or parts of animals preserved in formaldehyde. Hirst has worked with sharks, sheep, cows, bulls, doves, and butterflies and guaranteed me that no animals are harmed in the creation artwork. Hirst holds the record for the highest earning living artist after one of his pieces, Lullaby Spring, topped that of Jasper Johns. Another of Hirst's projects, a diamond encrusted human skull entitled For The Love of God is rumored to have sold for $100 million. I wasn't quite sure if Sotheby's was pet-friendly so I left Lucky at home, but I told Hirst about her and he drew me a picture of her and needless to say it quickly became my favorite picture of her ever... I have to call my insurance broker, as my little Lucky is priceless, but this sketch of Lucky signed by Damien may be worth millions. While I was there I chatted with Bono and his wife Ali Hewson about their dogs Shanti and Helena, who'snamed after supermodel Helena Christensen because, as Hewson told me "the mongrel was so beautiful we had to name her after Helena!" Incidentally Christensen also happened to be there. They told me both dogs are mongrels joking that mongrel is Irish for mutt. The two will be designing for our 9th annual Paws for Style benefit fashion show through their clothing company Edun, so expect some rockin' outfits!

Thanks for the help everyone. I emailed Edun to see if they can help me as well.

Is that a new pic of Ali. I am so buying that purple dress this weekend. I haven't bought myself something nice in a while and I'm thinking what the hell.

Pets.com � Weekly Blog

Pets.com :lol: Interesting where you find articles about Bono and Ali!

I didn't know the names of their dogs.

And in the picture above, Ali is wearing the same dress Eve wore some months ago.

>They told me both dogs are mongrels joking that mongrel is Irish for mutt.

so sweet they have two "mongrels" :)

size 30 for the jeans fits me, I wear a 42 in Italian sizes
the rest goes from S to L, it depends on how the model is. I'm 1.74 m tall

I just loooooooooooooooove suprises!!!! As part of a new promotion at Edun I just received a lovely little $20 gift certificate from Edun in my in box :applaud: has to be used by the 12th January . . . . so with a little bit of luck the money fairy will smile on me over christmas and off to the on line store I go . . . :yippie: (think its cuz I've bought a few little things there before so hope the rest of you lovely shoppers get one too) :laugh:

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom