Ali thread 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bibien said:
The first pic is named 'bonoaliamsterdam' so I guess they're taken during their stay in Amsterdam last summer.
Nice to see some pics of Suzie (and the back of Adam's head :wink: ) thanks!

I think it was earlier than this summer... Bono and Adam were in amsterdam earlier for Anton Corbijns exhibition... :hmm: I'm not sure when it was, but it was in the break before the European leg started I think...

:grumpy: yes I so totally found out about that a month later.... I practically could've been there!

It was the 29th of may, 2005.
They were in Holland for the Birthday party of Anton Corbijn. (that was the next day.)

Last edited:
1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-2.jpg

these are priceless! :ohmy: Never seen those before. Where are they from Kelly? Bono looks tired, like his eyes are just a little bloodshot. I love how he's just holding on to her, holding her hand. Sweet.

thankyou for posting them. they're great!! :applaud:

Great images!! Thankyou Kelly:) Im guessing you'll be the one to come up with their lost wedding photos.

Awesome! Have a great time! I wish I could be there...graduated from the college 5 years to early! I saw Edun Live on Edun's website, so some Miami students developed that? Very cool. Miami is a great school to do it. The college students there have the money to buy many an expensive t-shirt!

drdre12 said:
Awesome! Have a great time! I wish I could be there...graduated from the college 5 years to early! I saw Edun Live on Edun's website, so some Miami students developed that? Very cool. Miami is a great school to do it. The college students there have the money to buy many an expensive t-shirt!

Thanks! It should be very interesting. I was able to hear Ali speak for the launch of the ONE shirt by Edun this past winter. She's certainly a brilliant woman. The campus looks gorgeous too. :up:

:lol: @ this article:

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Dear Mrs Hewson…
By Ellen Lynch

OR MAY I call you Ali? I'm moved to write to empathise with you, as someone who is often embarrassed, mortified, annoyed and irritated by your husband Bono's actions and behaviour. Yours is not an easy lot and I felt a letter of support wouldn't go astray.

I've seen your photograph often, in the papers and magazines, when you're snapped alongside him. All credit to you for being able to force a smile each time.

It can't be easy on cringe-making occasions when the hubby is making the usual show of himself with some selfserving statement or other.

Living, and particularly appearing in public, with someone given to such overblown public pronouncements, can't be easy and the brave face you put on things, while admirable, can't go on indefinitely. So I'm hoping that my little bit of advice will be of help. I'm sure you have, on many occasions over the years, just like the rest of us, trying to rein in the worse excesses of errant husbands, had a word in his earringed over-lobe about toning down the pronouncements in which he styles himself the noughties messiah. I'm sure you've told him he can get his message across about world hunger, about AIDS and about pretty much everything else he expounds on, without sounding like a third-rate Billy Graham. I'm sure you've pointed out to him that you yourself achieve great things and have done great work with your Chernobyl childrens' charity and in your other altruistic endeavours, by simply getting on with it, by doing the work, rather than by banging on about it. Alas Ali, it probably hasn't made much difference as you've probably come to the same conclusion as the rest of us at this stage its the sound of his own voice that he's addicted to.

It doesn't mean you shouldn't try though to curb his embarrassing public fulminations.

We’ve been preached to long enough in this country by a clergy that tells us to do one things while themselves doing another. We'd already begun to rail against that by staying out of the churches when your hubby came along and started preaching to the punters who shelled out their hard earned money to go and hear his band in concert. At least they were fans and likely to be somewhat patient but when he took his crusade outside the concert arena, and a certain amount of gravitas was attached to his pronouncements, well then it was all too much for the rest of us.

I'm sure too you've pointed out (you've probably had to be diplomatic in so doing) that being vocal on the subject of poverty and world hunger and then taking yourself out of the country for tax purposes, is, well, a tad hypocritical? Unless of course the reason he wants to hold onto more and more of the squillions he earns is so that he can donate more to the causes he espouses?

I'd imagine too that words were exchanged in the Hewson household before that court case with the lovely Lola began. You strike me as a pragmatic sort, you must have wondered, like the rest of us, why the hell he was making such a fuss over a pair of auld manky trousers and a hat that always made him look ridiculous? You had to have guessed that going to court over such trivial items would have made him look petty and spiteful. Did you advise him only to have him spurn your advice?

I could see him doing that, alright.

Did he regret taking the case when all the details of his insecurities came out in public? When we heard all about his concern over his image, over his appearance, his lack of height? Or did he feel vindicated when he won the case this week and nothing else mattered?

Husbands, eh, Mrs. Hewson? You try to advise them, to guide them, but they insist on doing their own thing. I'm sure at this stage too that you've had a word with him about the yellow and pink shades.

Have you suggested that wearing rosetinted glasses all the time IS likely to warp his perspective of the world? Have you warned him of the dangers to his eyesight of wearing the sunglasses indoors all the time? Maybe you've suggested a style makeover too? Probably he feels his rock star status entitles him to look as ridiculous as he does at his age now. He probably feels that if wrinklies like Mick Jagger and Keith Wood still dress as vagabond gypsies then he has a way to go. If he won't listen to you, take comfort in the fact that your kids will soon be teenagers and won't be long about telling him to shut up and stop making a show of them. Until then, just keep smiling in the photos and laughing all the way to the bank.

:rolleyes:

it dissapoints me that somebody would go so low as in using Ali to bash Bono some more

:banghead: and again, according to this Bono took Lola to court... get yer damn facts right Irish papers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom