Ali thread 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I :heart: this picture.

92d8_1_b.jpg

"There was something so still about her, and to a person who is not still, it was the most attractive thing in the world," Bono has said of meeting Ali at Mount Temple comprehensive in the Seventies.

I really like that:heart: And really can undestand Bono:yes:

Niamh_Saoirse said:
THe other lady is Adi Roche, founder of the CCP.

ah yes you're right :) I recognized her after I posted that...

Just read the article, Ali Hewson for PM :lol:

In each of these articles, always the same thing comes back... how down to earth and nice Ali is... and I still love that about her :love: I really hope to meet her one day, with or without that hubby of hers!

Galeongirl said:

I really hope to meet her one day, with or without that hubby of hers!

If you do, can I be standing right behind you in line to meet her too? :wink: With or without hubby?

GG, where did your new avatar come from? Nice!

Last edited:
page 7 on leather day :wink: some german article on Bono being in NY and sipping some fine wine... (yes it's red wine... bad Bono... :tsk: )

girlhappy said:
"There was something so still about her, and to a person who is not still, it was the most attractive thing in the world," Bono has said of meeting Ali at Mount Temple comprehensive in the Seventies.

I really like that:heart: And really can undestand Bono:yes:

I love that. I think I understand exactly what he meant, too.

393644.jpg

How Ali's Chernobyl charity shock tactics won over Helena

BONO'S wife used shock tactics to persuade supermodel Helena Christensen to become the first ambassador of a Chernobyl charity.

The model was so horrified by heart-wrenching footage of disfigured children by Ali Hewson and Adi Roche that she agreed to help raise the profile ofthe Chernobyl Children's Project.

Ali has just returned from New York where she partied with Helena at her birthday party at the weekend. She took the opportunity to finalise details of the model's new role and also made arrangements for a fashion show fund-raiser in Cork in the new year.

Danish-born Christensen, who is also a keen photographer, said she plans to get behind the camera and travel to the site of the nuclear disaster to take some shots of her own.

She will forego her normal big fee to raise funds for the charity at the Brown Thomas spring/summer fashion show in Cork City Hall on January 25.

Resourceful Ali and Adi got the supermodel on board during the 20th anniversary of the catastrophic accident, following a meeting in Dublin last July.

Ali's profile as a long-term patron of the charity is also about to become more visible in the new year when she becomes a policy-making member of its board of directors.

"Helena's chomping at the bit," laughed Adi Roche. "She's a very good friend of Ali and Bono and we decided to show her the first documentary we made. We also showed her some fresh footage of Ali and I when we went to speak at a UN conference. We told her there were things she could do, to use her celebrity and status for the cause.

"I was a nervous wreck and was dreading meeting her with another member of the charity in Dublin as she brought her agent and entourage. We were anxious how it would go and whether to show her the footage. But the picture tells a thousand words.

"She was very upset and angry when we showed her the footage and almost wanted to go over there immediately.

"We showed her images from a children's hospice care programme and a mental asylum where we do extensive work. She saw heart-breaking footage of cancer victims and deserted villages."

Meanwhile, a group of 100 children from Belarus arrived at Shannon Airport to celebrate Christmas and the new year with Irish host families yesterday. Chernobyl Children‘s Project brought 15,000 children to Ireland for rest and recuperation during the holiday season. Jim Short and his family from Kerry will welcome Sasha Nesterenko, who lives in Vesnova Mental Asylum, into their home. Sasha was featured in the Oscar-winning 'Chernobyl Heart' and would have lost his feet and hands but for the intervention of Tralee General Hospital.

Niamh_Saoirse said:
Ali and I when we went to speak at a UN conference[/B][/QUOTE]

Ali is speaking at UN conferences...?

:bow:

Thanks for posting the article Flavia!

:bow: to Ali, she's amazing!

I always read sweet thing said by Bono about Ali. But I've never really read such sweet things said by Ali about Bono. I'm sure there are some quotes by Ali, so please, share a few with me!
Thanks! :)

HAVING lunch with Ali Hewson, the wife of Bono, lead singer of U2, at the Clarence Hotel in Dublin, partly owned by her husband. Their oldest daughter, Jordan, turns up dressed in the typical teenage wardrobe of skinny jeans, bomber jacket and trainers. At 15, she is already a beauty, with huge, blue eyes. "Her dad's," beams Ali. "I remember when I saw Bono on stage for the first time and all I could see were his eyes, it was as if they were lit up.

They were electrifying. Amazing."

She first met Bono at the age of 12. They went to the same school, Mount Temple Secondary Modern, and Bono, or plain Paul Hewson, was in the year above.

"He worked very hard at being the heartthrob," she says. "He came up to me within the first day and asked, did I know where his class should be going?

It was just an excuse to talk to me, and I thought, 'What an eejit.' "I remember that on the fourth day at school I saw him walking across the courtyard and it was, bing. That is the guy for me.

Our marriage has worked because we like each other, because we talk to each other, and we are passionate about what we do. We allow each other to pursue our goals.

"I wouldn't want to be married to someone who wasn't happy with what they were doing in life, and B wouldn't either. I have learned a lot about what it means to be married, how great it can be if you persevere. We're very close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom