Album released to Radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcrt2000

Refugee
Alan Cross' twitter said it was released 2 hours ago.

Edge 102.1 (the station that Alan Cross is a part of) just played magnificent, breathe and crazy tonight :up:

Did anyone watch the Spurs vs. Pistons last night? During the final timeout the Pistons PA guy played "Breathe". I was at a Spurs party at a bar and they had the game turned pretty loud & during the timeout I was like, "Wait a second, there playing Breathe". Pretty cool.

I heard some of the album on three different radio stations, including the aforementioned 102.1 The Edge - all the dj's liked Magnificent, it really needs to be their next single! :yes:

Crazy Tonight now being played on KROQ

IGCIIDGCT is being played right now during Kevin and Bean on KROQ. :up: They also said they'll be playing another track next hour.

There are several threads about radio play of the album floating around in this forum. I don't envy the mods these days. It would be nice to merge them. So far nothing on my national radio stations, but I'll keep my ears open.

Philly Radio

Pierre Robert from WMMR in Philly just played Magnificent, Unknown Caller and Crazy Tonight on the radio. Pierre is the only radio host for a local station to get an interview with Bono in the US. It was in 2004 right after Bono kicked off the One Campaign.

Cool!
Here's hoping that UC becomes a single. :hyper:

what's funny is that at U2's myspace page you can stream the complete album, track by track. So they seem to be cool with the early listening.

what's funny is that at U2's myspace page you can stream the complete album, track by track. So they seem to be cool with the early listening.

They only put that up today, and its only for US users. This radio station was in Canada, and that was from yesterday. Now the album has been released to radio so it doesn't matter.

I just heard Breathe on the radio :hyper: (92.9 in Boston - it was 2 weeks before I caught Boots on there after the release)

the reports so far have been

Edge 102.1 in Toronto
Radio 92.9 in Boston
KROQ in LA
AltNation on XM

I'm pretty sure nearly every station that plays new alt rock is going to be playing new U2 at some point today.

100.3 in Los Angeles apparently played Moment of Surrender at 11:13am. I missed it by 10 minutes!

11:28 - Bitter Sweet Symphony by Verve
11:24 - The Sky Is Crying by Stevie Ray Vaughan
11:13 - Moment Of Surrender by U2
11:08 - Small Town by John Mellencamp
11:04 - Everyday by Dave Matthews Band

You can request songs on their website too (KSWD 100.3 The Sound - World Class Rock)

You can also check their playlist to see what was played by picking the date/time. :up:

ETA: Damn me for taking a nap this morning :lol:

9:03 - Change The World by Eric Clapton
9:07 - Magnificent by U2
9:17 - The Waiting by Tom Petty
9:22 - 25 Or 6 To 4 by Chicago
9:27 - Creep by Radiohead

Looks like the only 2 new songs they played so far (going back to 4:00am). They did play SYCMIOYO somewhere between 4-9am.

100.3 in Los Angeles apparently played Moment of Surrender at 11:13am. I missed it by 10 minutes!

11:28 - Bitter Sweet Symphony by Verve
11:24 - The Sky Is Crying by Stevie Ray Vaughan
11:13 - Moment Of Surrender by U2
11:08 - Small Town by John Mellencamp
11:04 - Everyday by Dave Matthews Band

You can request songs on their website too (KSWD 100.3 The Sound - World Class Rock)

You can also check their playlist to see what was played by picking the date/time. :up:

ETA: Damn me for taking a nap this morning :lol:

9:03 - Change The World by Eric Clapton
9:07 - Magnificent by U2
9:17 - The Waiting by Tom Petty
9:22 - 25 Or 6 To 4 by Chicago
9:27 - Creep by Radiohead

Pierre Robert from WMMR in Philly just played Magnificent, Unknown Caller and Crazy Tonight on the radio. Pierre is the only radio host for a local station to get an interview with Bono in the US. It was in 2004 right after Bono kicked off the One Campaign.

Unknown Caller and MOS? Are you kidding? Those are the longest tracks on the album! Not what I'd think of as "radio-friendly"...but good for them for playing two of my personal favorites. :applaud:

EDIT: And then they played Radiohead? WIN.

Yeah, they play a decent variety of music, although I'd like to kill them when they throw on The Doobie Brothers :angry: which just played, followed by The Pretenders-Break Up The Concrete. you can listen online too, which I do because I get practically zero reception on my radio in the house.

I'm hoping they play a new song every hour or two, who knows!

I just heard Breathe on the radio :hyper: (92.9 in Boston - it was 2 weeks before I caught Boots on there after the release)

I heard it too! I was in the car and turned it all the way up. :hyper:

I heard Magnificent on WAAF about a half hour ago, and WBCN just played Cedars of Lebanon. :up:

I heard Magnificent a little while ago on 101.9 WXRP FM in NYC. They're playing other tracks as well, but I've only heard Magnificent.

Back
Top Bottom