Album 13 Talk: Let's keep it civil.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we actually complaining that Bono wouldn't give the release date to some fan on the street?

Bono has every right to not comment on the release date, it would be very weird if he revealed anything to a random fan on the street. Obviously, U2 and their team tried to keep their recording sessions in London a secret. They don't want any fans coming to the studio. If the band and management decides NOT to give out any album information until an actual official statement is released, there's no way Bono would say something definite.

Good try on trying to get some solid info about the album. What a douchey thing to say "Not Today". What's the big fucking mystery? Just say "I think it's coming out in November". When people ask me about my career, I don't say "Maybe... we'll see..." I just tell them what the hell is going on.

It's not so much a mystery as them not knowing the exact date.

U2 won't just pop out the release date to the random fan that asks.

More likely people go berserk because they've been hinting at this Summer and not November.

I thought we were all in agreement that summer is pretty much off the table at this point? All rumors point toward the tour starting in 2015. Which means the album probably won't come out until this fall. Plus they'll get the CHRISTMAS SALEZ! Fall is our best case scenario at this point; they could still do the standard delay and not have it come out until NEXT SPRING.

Don't say it's not possible... most of us never would've imagined in our wildest dreams that we wouldn't have the album in April 2014. I know fall 2013 was in the back of my mind as the worst case scenario at one time.

If there's no official album announcement by the end of July/beginning of August, I can only deduce that they are lost. I mean, not "in the music", but as in they don't have a fucking clue what they want or where they're going. The clock is ticking away. No announcement by August, and we're looking at anywhere between Spring 2015 to.....never.

If there's no official album announcement by the end of July/beginning of August, I can only deduce that they are lost. I mean, not "in the music", but as in they don't have a fucking clue what they want or where they're going. The clock is ticking away. No announcement by August, and we're looking at anywhere between Spring 2015 to.....never.

Once again this makes no sense, you wouldn't hear anything that early if it's a fall release.

I thought we were all in agreement that summer is pretty much off the table at this point? All rumors point toward the tour starting in 2015. Which means the album probably won't come out until this fall. Plus they'll get the CHRISTMAS SALEZ! Fall is our best case scenario at this point; they could still do the standard delay and not have it come out until NEXT SPRING.

Don't say it's not possible... most of us never would've imagined in our wildest dreams that we wouldn't have the album in April 2014. I know fall 2013 was in the back of my mind as the worst case scenario at one time.

I asked this question a couple of threads ago but got no answer. Its tough to follow aall the ins and outs and runours that have been going around so forgive my confusion. But how have we arrived at the conclusion that summer is off the table? Again, I may be being a total dumbass here... I really dont know nor remember every detail of this rollercoaster (imagined and otherwise) ride but I still feel that we havent heard anything that says summer is completely scrapped (not the season). How wrong am I?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

Because they are still recording? That's answer enough. But you should all know they like to spend time in France after the recording is done and the great weather for yachting is upon them.

Bono has every right to not comment on the release date, it would be very weird if he revealed anything to a random fan on the street. Obviously, U2 and their team tried to keep their recording sessions in London a secret. They don't want any fans coming to the studio. If the band and management decides NOT to give out any album information until an actual official statement is released, there's no way Bono would say something definite.

yeah BUT, as we all remember, Bono himself personally handed a CD with Mercy on it to a fan saying "this CD definitely has Mercy on it. It's my favourite song on the album and I'm confident we'll butcher it one day. peace and love!"

I also think people are assuming that summer is a bad time to release an album and that U2 usually release new albums in the fall. However, who knows? Until something official is said I'm just hanging out! I'm more excited for the tour than the album... is that bad??:D

Because they are still recording? That's answer enough. But you should all know they like to spend time in France after the recording is done and the great weather for yachting is upon them.

I guess. But how long after the recording does it take to mix, press cds and have them out there? And also which producer are they working with now? Tedder is already done, right? So epworth?
I have no real hope for a summer release, maybe just a wish. But just want to know what we know.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

yeah BUT, as we all remember, Bono himself personally handed a CD with Mercy on it to a fan saying "this CD definitely has Mercy on it. It's my favourite song on the album and I'm confident we'll butcher it one day. peace and love!"

After that, beach clips etc. the band and management may have forced him to sign an agreement NOT to give anything away ever again before an album is actually released.

After that, beach clips etc. the band and management may have forced him to sign an agreement NOT to give anything away ever again before an album is actually released.

wtf? it's his fecking band, he can do what he likes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom