Album 13 Talk: Let's keep it civil.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a thread going on over at an acoustic guitar forum about whether to play mostly originals or covers at open mics and someone said something that in my opinion totally rings true for what's happening to U2 right now:
"The artist, whether he be pro or outright amateur should be playing something they themselves love to play and hopefully the audience will connect with that. If they don't then no worries. The moment any musician starts trying to cater to the imagined fancies of an audience they are on a complete downward spiral."

Releasing 2 new singles and then waiting months to put out the album is the worst marketing strategy I have ever seen! They seem to be completely lost, not only in the music but also in the way they want to promote the whole stuff.
Anyway, luckily ther are lots of other artists and this summer will be great!!!!

- Black Sabbath
- Soundgarden
- Placebo
- The Prodigy
- Black Keys
- Alice in Chains
- Metallica

:rockon:

Releasing 2 new singles and then waiting months to put out the album is the worst marketing strategy I have ever seen! They seem to be completely lost, not only in the music but also in the way they want to promote the whole stuff.

:rockon:

It really has been a shambles. Super Bowl, Oscars, Fallon and then...dead air. It appears like they went "Oh shit, we have no hitz. Back to the drawing board!" I look forward to the day when they rediscover their balls. A little less pop band insecurity and a little more rock band swagger would be most welcome.

So eh, why is everyone so convinced we NEED news?

What about just going on with the rest of your life, and the news will come when it comes. And the album will come whenever the hell it comes(sometime 2020, maybe, we'll see).

So what's the point in being desperate for news, while that only sets you up for disappointment?

Hey that's the worst marketing strategy I've ever seen! With a marketing strategy like that I bet you get a free bowl of soup. Oh, it looks good on U2 though.

5669412_std.jpg

So eh, why is everyone so convinced we NEED news?

What about just going on with the rest of your life, and the news will come when it comes. And the album will come whenever the hell it comes(sometime 2020, maybe, we'll see).

So what's the point in being desperate for news, while that only sets you up for disappointment?

I've actually put my life in hold waiting for news this year. My wife and I had discussed trying for a 2nd child but I decided to wait until next year. Just too much going on with waiting for news.

I've actually put my life in hold waiting for news this year. My wife and I had discussed trying for a 2nd child but I decided to wait until next year. Just too much going on with waiting for news.

Agreed. My wedding is on indefinite hold. What if they release the album the week we want to get married, or are touring in Brazil at the time? I hear audiences in S America are crazy. And with a honeymoon potentially interfering win DC concert dates ... just, no.

Once we get an album date, then we can proceed with our lives and maybe consider building a deck out back. Until then, it's days and nights of hitting refresh on this thread.

I also lost my job because there were a few days back in February where I didn't show up to work because I was celebrating U2's Oscar nomination. And then a few more days recently because I started drinking after the Oscar loss.

I've dropped out of college until we get a new album. The anxiety of waiting for news has been too much.

It's ridiculous and pathetic that almost everytime I sit down at my computer, the first thing I do is go to this very thread. I know I'm not going to find anything new out, but for some reason I still do it.

One of these days, one of these times I come here, though, it's finally going to be there. The official confirmation of the album. The release date. The first single. The tour announcement. SOMETHING REAL. Those'll be good times.

One of these days, one of these times I come here, though, it's finally going to be there. The official confirmation of the album. The release date. The first single. The tour announcement. SOMETHING REAL. Those'll be good times.

1hWcRZC.png

:)

It will. :sexywink:

If you time it right, the kid could probably give you a ride to the show on their next tour.

we were a bit cautious with buying tickets for gigs from Sept to December on the off chance U2 would actually do something...but lack of anything and then the delays basically ended that. Now they'll have to fit in with my plans rather than the other way round- if it doesn;t work then well that's just hard luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom