Album 13: Mirror mirror on the wall, there's no album so let's just talk y'all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, I'm saying the discussions would still turn into arguments about Pop, whether Invisible sucks or not, if U2 should try a different way to do GA, etc. The exact same arguments.

We could be talking about banana smoothies and it would turn into a 20-page discourse about why Pop failed.

...why Boots was a terrible lead single for NLOTH and what song would have been better :yawn:

Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay

According to the papers Tedder is working with one direction next.

So this is the man to turn u2 into a boy band and be relevent again.

Good god has it really come to this??

Bono stop letting your ego get in the way,accept that youve had a great run in the charts and make some rock music( and tour)

Is this bloke as bad as working with redone or david guetta?i think he maybe is.There looking deseperate now!

According to the papers Tedder is working with one direction next.

So this is the man to turn u2 into a boy band and be relevent again.

Good god has it really come to this??

Bono stop letting your ego get in the way,accept that youve had a great run in the charts and make some rock music( and tour)

Is this bloke as bad as working with redone or david guetta?i think he maybe is.There looking deseperate now!

This is like the quintessential Interference overreaction condensed into one post.

I can't believe you people, you can't all be serious.

And yet every 87% of all those discussions would end up being yet another occurrence of every argument we've had here at least five times.

tumblr_ln0jvilfGU1qbpo8d.gif

Somebody photoshop U2's faces on to a boyband pic. :pray:

Somehow I feel like this is my cue... :hmm:

I can imagine a guy like Tedder would've stopped Boots in its tracks.

But he almost certainly would've neutered the most special U2 tunes.

"'Bad'? Too long/doesn't have a chorus."

"'Streets'? Get to the hook!"

"'Ultraviolet'? I think Larry dropped a stick - we can fix that in ProTools."

I guess this next album (or part of that) will be soul-tinted. Remember Bono talking about heartbreakers? Simple as that. They probably thought Epworth and Tedder are good choices for that in terms of a "genre approach", with keeping in mind that in the end the stuff depends on U2.

To bring an example:

'A Man And A Woman', for example, is a song (that I love) which I could imagine as produced by Tedder or Epworth. Lee's production was basic, yet for me it's a strong point of HTDAAB, in all its simplicity. The result might be basic, or layered and structured, that is yet to see. It all goes back to the songs. There isn't a prototype of a soul/R'n'B/electronic/etc. song. Tedder doesn't equal Adele, nor Beyoncé, nor others.

To bring an example:

'A Man And A Woman', for example, is a song (that I love) which I could imagine as produced by Tedder or Epworth. Lee's production was basic, yet for me it's a strong point of HTDAAB, in all its simplicity. The result might be basic, or layered and structured, that is yet to see. It all goes back to the songs. There isn't a prototype of a soul/R'n'B/electronic/etc. song. Tedder doesn't equal Adele, nor Beyoncé, nor others.

Well, AMAAW is exactly what I wouldn't like U2 to bring back - I'd rather have another revival full of chimey guitars. As I once read in this forum, AMAAW is not a love song, is just a song for housewifes to listen to while washing the dishes.

Of course not. Bands that have been together for 30+ years and remained friends the entire time don't "break up". They merely stop recording and touring. And since when does not doing the supposedly obligatory, half-hearted, cash-register "farewell tour" qualify as "imploding"?

If anything, the class and grace that R.E.M. ended with is something for other bands to emulate.

Well, yes. A break up in a band is the ceasing of recording and touring.

Plenty of bands to farewell tours though. It's a nice way to give the fans one last chance to see their favourite band.

The only cash register tour is if a band is touring without new music.

As out of focus NLOTH was,at least 2 songs sounded more fresh than Invisible.The title track and Fez- being born.They didn't use neither of the 2 as a single.Go figure.

Invisible is their most fresh sounding song since BD.

Fez is UF U2 meeting Zooropa U2. Not fresh.

NLOTH -- The Fly called and wants the riff back.

Back
Top Bottom