AFL Thread. James Hird Does a Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesss! Bye bye Sydney! Nice to see a team from eighth make the prelim, but North will probably get absolutely pasted next week. I'm barracking hard for a derby grand final. How good would it be!

North's song one of the favourites tbh

Bring it on.

:up:

Ugh, this means Wayne Carey's going to keep being a smug prick for another week.

Oh god I hadn't considered this.

I would be happy to see either WA team win the whole thing. Freo especially, but scoring will be a worry.

I want Freo to give 'em all the old heave-ho.

(Sorry Bonnie.)

I'm all West Coast the rest of the way. I expected very little from them this season. Their turnaround from 2014 was phenomenal.

Get around North!!

Can't see them coming close to a well rested Eagles team. Also can't see Freo winning next week, especially if Hawthorn of last night turns up. So West Coast v Hawthorn granny. As for who wins, who knows!

If Freo vs Hawthorn were at the MCG, then Hawthorn all the way. But the Hawks have had to get there the hard way, while Freo have been able to put their feet up for a week and they know how to suffocate opponents at Subi. Hawks will be favourites but I can very much see Freo getting over the line.

Atmosphere and intensity at a grand final derby would be insane.

I've watched too much Aussie Rules. I just started yelling at the ref in the Rugby World Cup for not penalising a Georgian on the break for failing to bounce the ball every fifteen. :laugh:

Damnit. :(

I really wanted him to play on next year. Didn't want his last season to be marred by so much bullshit.

Very sad. I'm not sure he could have gone another year, I think pre-bullshit Longmire was happy having him in the twos. I'll read a few articles about him and post the best.

Glad I didn't watch much of the finals this weekend. Seems like we got three good finals in the first week and I'm not sure we'll get much more. West Coast will beat North by about 485 points next week and Hawks should get up over Freo.

Anyone watching the VFL prelim today? Williamstown burst out after half-time to lead 74-45 at the 16 minute mark of the third quarter... and now Essendon lead at the final break 80-75. Crazy quarter of footy.

Do not under any circumstance look up the latest news re Goodes, unless you already have a non-refundable one-way ticket out of this shithole of a country.

I know I shouldn't but I feel tempted nonetheless. I'm just going to guess it's an insulting editorial from the usual suspects.

I think that when Caro writes about it then it's as good as final. She's arguably the most trustworthy and credible football journalist in the country. We must match the offer to force a trade or we'll be set back somewhat.

I'm not really that annoyed anymore, maybe with his smug 'I haven't even thought about it' responses on radio throughout the year, but I have been resigned to his departure for a while now.

Possibly, but with weekly radio appearances it becomes more irritating.

I wouldn't be surprised if he made his decision 12 months ago, for what it's worth.

Stan Grant is an absolute gem.

AA team

resize

Don't agree with the selections of Deledio or Rioli, and Gray was servicable this year but not exceptional.

Dusty Martin and Sydney's Josh Kennedy should have got a guernsey. Heath Shaw probably could have warranted a position in on the half back flanks.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom