Advice about dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

girlhappy

War Child
Anyone has a problem with bad dreams or should i say nightmares?I have a feeling it has a great influence in the daylight also. Emotional stability depends very much on it.
How strange is that? Anyone?

:shrug:

Some people are more emotionally influenced that way. I'm not one of them, so I guess dreams don't affect me like that. However, I've had one dream, once, that has caused me a lot of problems.

Actually..... looking back, it perhaps was accurate. See..... I'll be breif - I shared a dream with another person on the same night, after something really odd happened. But in my dream, I think it was daytime and in the fall, but in hers, it was winter and night time.

Anyway.... I wouldn't invest a whole lot into discerning dreams, unless you want to make them a big part of your life. I'd almost say that you should focus on other things, girlhappy, than dreams. Small things that you can accomplish. But hey, I have 'dreams', as in ideals, that I think about every single day of my life, and I let them guide me. So maybe I just use my dreams in a different way. I don't remember them...... but......

I do have an unusual fascination with 'making dreams come true', but in perhaps an untypical meaning of that phrase.

=

My emotional stability doesn't depend on what dreams I have at night, I've realized it depends on the expecations and desires I make. You can learn how to alter your expectations and desires so that there is less fluctuation in emotional swings, but I refuse to believe that one can elimiate emotional swings. Fluctuation is neccesary for balance. Just like the phases of the moon. One thing I try for, though, is to persevere through the bad times, realizing they are just a moment, yet making the most out of the good times, because I know they won't last. Still, I think once I realized that I need to stop focusing on 'how I feel' at this specific moment, things began to improve.

Have you been having certain dreams lately, girlhappy? or is this just in general?

I always dream about plane crashes and spiders. :huh:

I havent had a plane crash dream in quite a while, but when I dream about spiders, it is often, and I actually wake up (half asleep) jump out of bed, turn on lights, shoo my sheets.. because I think there are really spiders.

The other night I woke up and said "there is a spider! Get it!" My bf woke up, turned on the light and could not find a spider in sight lol... I told him to please, next time just tell me to go back to sleep! :coocoo:

^ :giggle:

well, I have a lot of crazy dreams myself girlhappy.
it seems every other day I have really weird/freaky/strange dreams. :hmm:
the dreams make me so tired or contemplative that in the daylight it makes me feel really overwhelmed/anxious/groggy/etc.. dunno how to explain that though.

sorry I can't be of much help.. but imo the whole emotional stability would be based off of what kind of dream it was obviously, but also how you were feeling in the dream..

maybe the feelings you feel in your dreams somehow affect how you are in reality.. :shrug:

this morning i was terrified when i woke up. not only did i get a ticket for jaywalking in my dream, but i had also proposed to a girl that im not even close with. actually she sort of kicked me out of one of the work teams in the radio station, so maybe its the pain-marriage association. i dunno. im still shivering. :huh:

Sicy said:
I always dream about plane crashes and spiders. :huh:

I havent had a plane crash dream in quite a while, but when I dream about spiders, it is often, and I actually wake up (half asleep) jump out of bed, turn on lights, shoo my sheets.. because I think there are really spiders.

The other night I woke up and said "there is a spider! Get it!" My bf woke up, turned on the light and could not find a spider in sight lol... I told him to please, next time just tell me to go back to sleep! :coocoo:

Wow! I thought I was the only one like this. I've been jumping out of bed because of "spiders" for the past 10 years. Doesn't happen all the time, maybe once a month. Sometimes I get hysterical and wake up my family :ohmy: but they are used to it, and only mildly make fun of me :|

The weird thing is, I'm not even afraid of spiders. I'd love to know WHY this happens.

My stepmothers mother once woke up in the middle of the night, and thought the phone was ringing, which is ironic because she never hears the phone at her house when someone calls, due to being hard of hearing.

My stepmother woke up at night, just like her mother, earlier this week because she thought that someone was going to tickle her, or poke her in the stomach (she is uber-super-duper ticklish). I actually her her shout "uaah!"

There are only a few dreams in my life that have really affected me. I wonder if it is more common in women then in men...?

I don't believe we have much control over dreams -- whether good or bad. I enjoy the few dreams I do remember, much more good than bad, luckily I'm not one to suffer from nightmares.

Except now I'm afraid of having Sicy's spider one! I'm terrified of black widows and can't even watch that scene in Lord of the Rings with the giant spider. :madwife:

But the last dream I remember is a good one! One to share with PLEBANS only:wink:

No seriously, girlhappy, I think many things can affect one's dreams, especially their current stress level. Try meditating, deep breathing, and thinking of being in your favorite place before you fall asleep. I do this, and I also fall asleep to music playing in my headphones.

You know how you forget most of your dreams within hours and get all frustrated cos you can't remember? The only dreams I can remember years later mostly have to do with spiders. It's odd.

Anyway I never have good dreams. If I do, I don't remember them when I wake up. They're always bad, and they're always very realistic and involving people I know. Like my brother going on a murderous rampage and then killing himself, or my mom getting raped by a guy in a mask.

:|

I'm not sure if that's healthy, I don't like to dream, needless to say :wink:

Wow, I guess I've been very lucky as far as dreams go. I do not usually have bad ones, save one or two that didn't impact me a whole lot/don't remember now.

Yay I'm not alone! :lol: :crack: I dont even think I'm really that 'scared' of spiders either. I have this same type of dream once or twice a month as well. But I actually do believe that we can control our dreams or what we dream about, to an extent. I cant count how many times I've gone to sleep thinking really hard about something so that I'd dream about it, and I do. Not to mention there are many times I am in my dream and I *know* I'm dreaming.. I can make myself wake up if I'm in trouble or its just cool to know 'hey.. I'm dreaming this... its not real'. I've made myself wake up before because I cant breathe in my dream (may have a stuffy nose in reality..) or if I am in trouble, getting chased etc I can concentrate really hard and wake up.

Dreams are just plain freaky!

Sicy said:

lol... poor Jim :D I hope he got an extra big kiss for being so gentleman! :wink:

I read somewhere that too sensible people are dreaming nightmares,oh,it is not suprising. The thing is: i have extra - beautiful dreams or ..opposite of that. Like in my life it is hard for me to get the balance right:)
But i am glad i am not alone in this. Dreams ...could be so beautiful and i am sorry to have more bad dreams. It is actually not about certain event it is more about the atmosphere. And sometimes about real pain and real life. I dont know.I dont want dreams to have such an big influence on my life in a day.
But just dont know how to to it

You know, for a few days now, maybe 3, I've actually had a dream every night (remembered them at least). But whenever I get here, I always lose my grip on them, :hmm:

I keep having these offbeat ones lately......
That's why they're so hard to remember - my purpose in them, what I'm supposed tobe doing, is somewhat abstract.

At least they're not scary

Well, this can be helpful, or at least fun: http://web.tickle.com/tests/dreams/

Whenever I sleep over at a friend's house, I don't sleep well because, well, it's just not home :D, so I start dreaming about U2 songs all the time, it's quite confusing... :huh: yesterday I slept over at a friend's house, and I think I revised the whole War album in my dream :lol: yeah, weird.

I think you should pay attention to your dreams but only if you want to, since, lots of times, they are not about what will come but about what you are dealing with now. I once read that when you sleep, your mind organises all the stuff that happened to you during daytime, so they are certainly about the past, but well, sometimes they might be about what will come as well :shrug: I do pay attention to my dreams, especially U2 ones :D. I look for info in here:

http://www.petrix.com/dreams/

Look at the entry form spiders, interesting!:

Spider: To dream of a spider, denotes you being careful and energetic in your labors and fortune will be amassed to pleasing proportions. Domestic happiness.

Last edited:
VicksSs said:
Whenever I sleep over at a friend's house, I don't sleep well because, well, it's just not home :D, so I start dreaming about U2 songs all the time, it's quite confusing... :huh: yesterday I slept over at a friend's house, and I think I revised the whole War album in my dream :lol: yeah, weird.
:lmao:

I tend to dream most in times when I'm not doing anything interesting with my mind in the day time. It's like I have to do a certain amount of work with my brain everyday, and if I don't do it when I'm awake, I have to make up for it a night time.

A lot of the time they're very real feeling dreams about doing very boring and ordinary things, and I'll wake up, and never know if I actually did them or not. That's a bit unnerving, though, cos I'm always confused about what I have and haven't done now. :crack:

Meghan said:

:lmao:

I tend to dream most in times when I'm not doing anything interesting with my mind in the day time. It's like I have to do a certain amount of work with my brain everyday, and if I don't do it when I'm awake, I have to make up for it a night time.

A lot of the time they're very real feeling dreams about doing very boring and ordinary things, and I'll wake up, and never know if I actually did them or not. That's a bit unnerving, though, cos I'm always confused about what I have and haven't done now. :crack:

Well, a classmate had lost her Biology book and apparently I dreamt she found it, so I was going to tell her something about it, when I went all dubious about it, so I asked her: "did you find your book?" She replied she hadn't yet, which put her in a bad mood :)lol:), so I realised I dreamt it. Really useless dreams I have haha, I know :lmao:

Sometimes my dreams half wake me up, and I go crazy. Like this one time, I was sleeping next to my girlfriend, and I half woke up and was like right over top of her saying, "LIES! THERE'S A BIG BUG UP THERE! YES THERE IS! IT"S A BIG BUG ON THE CEILING."

When I woke up the next morning, I remembered a dream with bugs in it. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird.

Anyone ever have a dream shared with someone else, like, two people having the same dream, or in the same dream together?

Not exactly, but about 5 people in my group (including me) all had very strange dreams one night. Can't really remember my dream from that night... I think I got eaten by a whale or something. And then saved the world. I save the world a fair bit, actually.

yeah, I have that feeling too sometimes. LOL, lots of times I dreamt I argued with my sister or someone else, and then when I wake up I am actually mad at that person and try not to be, because I know there is no real reason, but still :lmao: My poor sister :D

I have weird dreams, and lately they've been in colour and I'm flying...:eyebrow: They're all pretty lame...well, really lame.

A few weeks ago, I dreamt that I went hang gliding with the world champion of hang gliding. I was too nervous to tell him that I had never flown...or glided, before. And he was too modest to tell me he was the world champion. :huh: Everyone lived.

Two other weird ones: Edge lecturing me on the benefits of a high protein diet during a visit on his houseboat. I was being interviewed for a roadie position...and the other night, I dreamt that my hand was being gnawed on by a strange creature with a circular mouth and razor-like teeth...:sad:

wow, I feel kinda spoiled, good...... and yet somewhat dissapointed, because all my dreams are really logical, at least in regard to the purpose.

I never have dreams where like, I was being attacked, or something was biting me, or something abstract like that. And, come to think of it...... it's always ...... well, maybe it's not.

I don't know. I guess I'd like a more .... a dream where I didn't know what I was doing or what was going on. I know that's strange, but, I guess I have dreams that are perhaps too much of me being myself.

I don't know how to explain it

^ yeah, I understand what you say. :) Well I very rarely have dreams in which I'm not myself or very weird situations. Only twice I dreamt I flew, one was normal but the other felt like heaven, :D it was so nice, flying over a river :)

I dunno, I'd like to have more weird dreams as well, although pleasant :D

Last night i dreamt that somebody loves me..no hope no karm..just another false alarm:)It is not Morrisey.It is truth.The dream was so realistic that i actually felt his lips. How strange is that?

ohhh that's cute :cute: yeah, I dreamt sth like that once: well, I kissed Milo Ventimiglia (you know, the guy who used to work in Gilmore Girls :lol:) :reject: It was a good kiss :D :wink:

Back
Top Bottom