Achtung Baby/ Zooropa remaster/ reissue - Part III/ three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be too much to ask for an official tracklisting a month out from the release? I mean how do you ask people for $600 bucks without telling them what is on it? I kno that Universal tracklist floated around but how about something solid and maybe some clips?
agreed. not sure why i'm shocked though, considering this is also how they do their tour dates (release it in bits and pieces and never confirming when we know the entire itinerary).

Possible tracklist of 2 DVD's from the AB 20th anniversary edition:
U2-Forum.de - Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen - Achtung Baby 20th Anniversary (Remastered?)

DVD a:
1 Zoo Tv Special – A Documentary Previously Unreleased (Broadcast Only) (DVD)

2 Shorts - Mtv's “Most Wanted – Zootv Special”* Previously Unreleased (Broadcast Only) (DVD)

3 Shorts - Mtv Rockumentary* Previously Unreleased (Broadcast Only) (DVD)

4 Shorts - U2 On Naked City, 1993 Previously Unreleased (Broadcast Only) (DVD)

5 Shorts - U2 On Tv-Am, 1992previously Unreleased (Broadcast Only) (DVD)

6 Shorts - Trabantland Documentary (DVD)

7 Rom Content: Screensavers, Desktop Wallpapers, Weblinks (DVD)

DVD b:
1 The Fly (DVD)

2 Mysterious Ways (DVD)

3 One (DVD)

4 Even Better Than The Real Thing (DVD)

5 One (Buffalo Version) - Previously Unreleased (Broadcast Only) (DVD)

6 One (Restaurant Version) (DVD)

7 Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (DVD)

8 The Fly (Performance Only) Previously Unreleased/Unseen (DVD)

9 Even Better Than The Real Thing (The Perfecto Mix) Previously Unreleased (Broadcast Only) (DVD)

10 The Fly (Text Only) Previously Unreleased (DVD)

11 Until The End Of The World (Live) (DVD)

12 The Fly (Live From The Stop Sellafield Concert)* (DVD)

13 Even Better Than The Real Thing (Live From The Stop Sellafield Concert)* (DVD)

14 Love Is Blindness (Previously Unreleased On Dvd -Only Ever Available On Numb Vhs) (DVD)

15 Lemon (DVD)

16 Stay (Faraway, So Close!) (DVD)

17 Numb (DVD)

18 Numb (Video Remix) (Previously Unreleased (DVD)

Im really in two mind now whether to cancel my pre order of the uber boxset and just getting the super deluxe boxset.im in two minds.im struggling to see what the extra 200 pound is getting me.

Seeing the smiths boxset at 220 which is there complete collection in a quality boxset got me thinking This is what id get extra: magnectic box,propaganda magazine,sheet of stickers,badges,5 clear vinyls,album on vinyl (already got it somewhere) and the fly shades (got them)

That really isnt worth the extra 200 quid is it? But i dont want to regret not getting it.Ive got the cash saved so the moneys not a problem but is it worth it?

What should i do?

Im really in two mind now whether to cancel my pre order of the uber boxset and just getting the super deluxe boxset.im in two minds.im struggling to see what the extra 200 pound is getting me.

Seeing the smiths boxset at 220 which is there complete collection in a quality boxset got me thinking This is what id get extra: magnectic box,propaganda magazine,sheet of stickers,badges,5 clear vinyls,album on vinyl (already got it somewhere) and the fly shades (got them)

That really isnt worth the extra 200 quid is it? But i dont want to regret not getting it.Ive got the cash saved so the moneys not a problem but is it worth it?

What should i do?

Please buy it, I don't want to be the only one... :reject:

What should i do?

The question isn't "Is it worth it"?....the question is "Is it worth it to you"? How important are those extra bits of plastic to you? If they're not, then you'd be a fool to pay an extra 200 for them. But only you can answer that. For me, not even the Super Deluxe is "worth it". I'm not short of cash, it's just that I've got most of those songs already anyway.

Then of course there's the matter of how easily you can part with 200 and not miss it. If you really can't afford it, it would be absurd to give the money to U2, McG and their label.

U2-Forum.de - Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen - Achtung Baby 20th Anniversary (Remastered?)

DVD a:

2 Shorts - Mtv's “Most Wanted – Zootv Special”* Previously Unreleased (Broadcast Only) (DVD)

DVD b:
1 The Fly (DVD)

2 Mysterious Ways (DVD)

3 One (DVD)

9 Even Better Than The Real Thing (The Perfecto Mix) Previously Unreleased (Broadcast Only) (DVD)

13 Even Better Than The Real Thing (Live From The Stop Sellafield Concert)* (DVD)

14 Love Is Blindness (Previously Unreleased On Dvd -Only Ever Available On Numb Vhs) (DVD)

15 Lemon (DVD)

17 Numb (DVD)

Add a non Sydney Zoo TV show in those DVDs and it's a winner.

What should i do?

After a great deal of number crunchng and soul searching (I still see this as a cynical money grab by my favorite band), I preordered the uber set from Canada Amazon for $308 before the price jumped up. As a record collector, I'm primarily interested in the vinyl (which, repressed on 180-gram double vinyl, is far superior than the poor sound quality on the the flimsy, single original vinyl). Also, the clear vinyl singles won't be available any other way. But if you don't have a quality sound system on which to appreciate the difference, I'm not sure the uber is worth it in the end (especially at $500+).

DVD a:

DVD b:
1 The Fly (DVD)

2 Mysterious Ways (DVD)

3 One (DVD)

15 Lemon (DVD)

17 Numb (DVD)

Well, that seems pretty great. Zooropa videos and Sellafield performances, sweet.

I guess my grip would be that the Phillip DCC "Zoo TV Special" US doc isn't half as good as the Outside Broadcast UK TV Special. The UK special is very much in the "spirit" of Zoo TV, constantly switching over to static and random television clips, and weirdness in the middle of songs and stuff.

Oh, and not including the Outside Broadcast Washington DC show in the rain... I love that show!!!

They probably received the maximum amount of preorders. There's only so much you can expect for the first shipping, so I reckon they're playing it safe. Universal was "sold out" weeks ago.

Also, what's this? It would appear that the 2-disc deluxe edition now contains the documentary as the bonus disc, rather than the b-sides, mixes, etc.

U2com Official Store | Pre-Order: Achtung Baby (20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) CD

EDIT: Meanwhile, the standard "anniversary edition" now claims to have the b-sides, mixes, etc. for the price of one CD (which doesn't even seem to be an option any more, at least not in the official store...)
http://u2.store2.livenation.com/cgi...woa/wa/product?sourceCode=U2CWEB&sku=U2T52621

I'm guessing this is all a mistake (big shock, I know). But it's strange that as we get closer to the release date the formats, track lists, etc. are getting MORE confusing, not less...

According to a note posted at u2tour.de forum, the tracklist of the second cd of the deluxe edition will be the following :

1 Lady With The Spinning Head (Uv1) (CD 1/2)
2 Blow Your House Down - Previously Unreleased (CD 1/2)
3 Salomé (CD 1/2)
4 Even Better Than The Real Thing (CD 1/2)
5 Satellite Of Love (CD 1/2)
6 Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Temple Bar Remix) (CD 1/2)
7 Paint It Black (CD 1/2)
8 Even Better Than The Real Thing (CD 1/2)
9 Fish Out Of Water Remix) Previously Unreleased (CD 1/2)
10 Mysterious Ways (The Perfecto Mix) (CD 1/2)
11 Night And Day (Steel String Remix) (CD 1/2)
12 The Lounge Fly Mix (CD 1/2)
13 Fortunate Son (CD 1/2)
14 Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk/Korova 1* (CD 1/2)
15 Where Did It All Go Wrong? (CD 1/2)

while the tracklist of the 5th cd of the super and uber deluxe editions will be the following :

1 Lady With The Spinning Head (Uv1) (CD5)
2 Blow Your House Down Previously Unreleased (CD5)
3 Salomé (CD5)
4 Even Better Than The Real Thing (CD5)
5 Satellite Of Love (CD5)
6 Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Temple Bar Remix) (CD5)
7 Heaven And Hell Previously Unreleased (CD5)
8 Oh Berlin Previously Unreleased (CD5)
9 Near The Island (Instrumental) Previously Unreleased (CD5)
10 Down All The Days Previously Unreleased (CD5)
11 Paint It Black (CD5)
12 Fortunate Son (CD5)
13 Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk/Korova 1* (CD5)
14 Where Did It All Go Wrong? (CD5)
15 Everybody Loves A Winner Previously Unreleased (CD5)
16 Even Better Than The Real Thing (Fish Out Of Water Remix) Previously Unreleased (CD5)

It is also stated that the the 6th cd is now named :"Kindergarten - The Alternative Achtung Baby". This is also confirmed by the Uncut's review on the anniversary edition of Achtung Baby that was published today. On this 6th cd i quote an interesting passage : ''Also included in the deluxe packages is Kindergarten, an album of rough drafts and demos. Most are poor cousins of the polished versions, though the acoustic version of ''One'' has a raw, almost Johnny Cash-like austerity''.

Ps. Unfortunately no mention is made within the review of the ''remastered issue''.

Also, what's this? It would appear that the 2-disc deluxe edition now contains the documentary as the bonus disc, rather than the b-sides, mixes, etc.

U2com Official Store | Pre-Order: Achtung Baby (20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) CD

EDIT: Meanwhile, the standard "anniversary edition" now claims to have the b-sides, mixes, etc. for the price of one CD (which doesn't even seem to be an option any more, at least not in the official store...)
U2com Official Store | Pre-Order: Achtung Baby (20th Anniversary Edition) CD

I'm guessing this is all a mistake (big shock, I know). But it's strange that as we get closer to the release date the formats, track lists, etc. are getting MORE confusing, not less...

Hmmmmm. So U2.com has updated their listing and still no mention of a remaster. What a surprise. :)

It is also stated that the the 6th cd is now named :"Kindergarten - The Alternative Achtung Baby". This is also confirmed by the Uncut's review on the anniversary edition of Achtung Baby that was published today. On this 6th cd i quote an interesting passage : ''Also included in the deluxe packages is Kindergarten, an album of rough drafts and demos. Most are poor cousins of the polished versions, though the acoustic version of ''One'' has a raw, almost Johnny Cash-like austerity''.

Ps. Unfortunately no mention is made within the review of the ''remastered issue''.

Link to the review?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom