Achtung Baby BOXSET reissue - Number 6 - THIS THREAD IS ÜBER DELUXE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Super Deluxe... ordered Friday, arrived today. It's fucking awesome. The packaging is amazing. $150 very well spent, and that's before I listen to even one of the CDs or DVDs.

Not at all happy with the cross on Adam's dick on the back though. Must have come from America. :rolleyes:

Do I hear a pic request there? :wink:

And sadly all boxes are censored. All are produced in Europe from what I heard. And I have seen quite a few in stores around here, all censored. :tsk: Bloody Americans forcing their prude ways of life on us.

Soo, it's been two days since I was promised replacements... :waiting: How long would this take with a normal company that has good customer service?

Soo, it's been two days since I was promised replacements... :waiting: How long would this take with a normal company that has good customer service?

Universal's handling of your order is what the term "EPIC FAIL" was invented for. I'm so very sorry. :(

Do I hear a pic request there? :wink:

And sadly all boxes are censored. All are produced in Europe from what I heard. And I have seen quite a few in stores around here, all censored. :tsk: Bloody Americans forcing their prude ways of life on us.

Amazon.com would get it to you in 2 business days. 1 for an extra $3.99.

So, I have 2 copies of the 2-disc version. 1 from the US and 1 from Canada. The US one has a great big FBI warning on it that covers up (redacts?) some of the artwork. The Canadian does not - and the Canadian ink seems to be printed better.

just been given the 2 CD version as a little surprise, and disc 2 is really lovely!

absolutely LOVE the beginning of the Fish Out Of Water Remix :up:

Amazon.com would get it to you in 2 business days. 1 for an extra $3.99.

Ouch. :sad:

If they wait another day longer with the new shipment I'll tell them to shove it, give me my money back and I'll go with Amazon.de. :| I feel like I'm in some kind of whack experiment. How long can you make the customer wait until they get sick of it and give up.

LIB blew my mind. It sounded so crisp, the drums, the bass, holy crap. :love:

Kindergarten? Wow. I'm very impressed how this sounds. They're the same songs, but so different! I didn't even recognize WGRYWH at first!

My only gripe is that the downloaded mp3s are not numbered. :grumpy: It says U2 - trackname, rathern than the number on the disc. Ah well, if that's all I have to do myself, I'm not complaining. Fucking happy with this release. Dare I say best thing ever.

Another thing I noticed. The lyrics of One in the booklet, and the lyrics of various songs in the Kindergarten versions. Bono has been changing the lyrics to AB songs live the last two years of the 360 tour for as I noticed. And the lyrics he changed them to are the original ones. What a mindfuck. :lol: It's like he was telling us that this release was coming in code.

Aside from the acoustic Edge LIB, have there been any other uber downloads made available?

Do the extras on the DVDs cover all the material available on the 2 disc version of the Sydney Zoo TV DVD released in 2006 ?

Cool, thanks. :hi5:

We need to find a way to crack into the vaults and get the rest of the Point Depot video, as it's now clear that they have the whole thing. :drool:

No. Aside from that and being able to download everything that is already in the box in disc form, that's it.

I was quite impressed that both mp3 and wav were available.

Another thing I noticed is that the new mp3s are about twice as big as the original albums! So that's pretty neat.

It was really nice to have you guys all empathize with me. :) I'm really glad it's finally here too. I'm enjoying this SO much. The baby disc is a gem, and I'm in love with Blow Your House Down as well. It just stood out to me. Heaven and Hell was interesting too.

In going through a couple of these pages, I see that I wasn't the only one waiting with baited breath for this to arrive.

I really, really lucked into a great deal on the Uber edition.

I checked Amazon.ca for the Uber edition right after it was announced. When it finally came up, they listed it for $300 (Cdn.). I hadn't even planned on getting the Uber edition as, at the time, it was listed on Amazon.com at over $600. So I ordered it from Amazon.ca. And because of their lowest price guarantee, that's what they sold it to me for, even though they'd listed the lower price in error. It's listed there now at $450, so I ended up saving over $150. Ended up being a great deal!!

Back
Top Bottom