Achtung Baby BOXSET reissue - Number 6 - THIS THREAD IS ÜBER DELUXE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone wonders why they didn`t include Numb (New Mix - from Best Of 1990-2000) in the Uber\Super Box?

Cheers,

Mauwer

They gave new Coldplay album (which is great) a 7. Higher than HTDAAB and NLOTH. What say you, EYKIW.

last unicorn said:
BPitchfork has, IMO, disqualified itself with the ridiculously devastating NLOTH review.

I thought it was a pretty bad review, but NLOTH is pretty fucking overrated in this forum.

topplehatU2 said:
Pitchfork's "reviews" are awful. I'm tired of these kind of reviews that just discuss the band and what they were doing, and briefly touch on the actual music.

What can you say that hasn't already been said? The reason it's been reviewed is because of all the bonus material, which is about more than the 12 tracks, so it makes sense that that's what most of the review would talk about.

What can you say that hasn't already been said? The reason it's been reviewed is because of all the bonus material, which is about more than the 12 tracks, so it makes sense that that's what most of the review would talk about.

Thing is, the Pitchfork review doesn't say much about the bonus material either. It glosses over the 5 audio CDs, devoting a single paragraph to its contents (the B-Sides disc is "disappointingly slight" and that's all they say about it). Yes, it elaborates more on the 4 DVDs, also devoting one paragraph to the rest of the set. For the rest the review is saying what has already been said hundreds of times when talking about Achtung Baby and U2 in the early Nineties. I can only give them props for not literally mentioning the "we have to go away and dream it all up again" speech.

Pitchfork's "reviews" are awful. I'm tired of these kind of reviews that just discuss the band and what they were doing, and briefly touch on the actual music.

Thing is, the Pitchfork review doesn't say much about the bonus material either. It glosses over the 5 audio CDs, devoting a single paragraph to its contents (the B-Sides disc is "disappointingly slight" and that's all they say about it). Yes, it elaborates more on the 4 DVDs, also devoting one paragraph to the rest of the set. For the rest the review is saying what has already been said hundreds of times when talking about Achtung Baby and U2 in the early Nineties. I can only give them props for not literally mentioning the "we have to go away and dream it all up again" speech.

Exactly.

The Pitchfork "review" could as well be from 1991.

So I received an email back from Universal regarding the Lithograph:

I find that so strange, but I guess I will wait and see if I receive it. I'm pretty sure I read on u2.com from some other people that the lithograph was inside the box.

Galeongirl, any news on your shipment?

:crack: Oh bloody hell you're kidding me. Man this release has so much fail, it hurts.

Hope you get your lithograph soon. Why on earth are they released separately? :doh: FAIL!

So now after 15 days I have no two boxsets, AND no two lithographs? :sigh:

The person at Universal was emailing with the shipment department of Universal and Parcelforce, and would let me know if he got anything. A day later, still nothign. Do they really expect me to believe they cannot email back within the same fucking day? I want to know where the hell my boxsets are. How hard is that to comprehend? :|

Where do I find the complete accoustic version of Love is Blindness performed by Edge? I didn't know there was a complete version of that performance.

I bought the Uber box with lithograph from Universal as well. My lithograph was packed in the parcel with the Uber box. I was laying on top of the Uber box when I opened the package.

:crack: Oh bloody hell you're kidding me. Man this release has so much fail, it hurts.

Hope you get your lithograph soon. Why on earth are they released separately? :doh: FAIL!

So now after 15 days I have no two boxsets, AND no two lithographs? :sigh:

The person at Universal was emailing with the shipment department of Universal and Parcelforce, and would let me know if he got anything. A day later, still nothign. Do they really expect me to believe they cannot email back within the same fucking day? I want to know where the hell my boxsets are. How hard is that to comprehend? :|

I bought the Uber box with lithograph from Universal as well. My lithograph was packed in the parcel with the Uber box. I was laying on top of the Uber box when I opened the package.

How long did it take before you got yours?

:crack: How can there be different versions of the same release from the same company? This makes no sense. Major failing going on here.

And after a day, still no response from Universal. The guy said he had contacted the shipping people and parcelforce on monday. How do these people not respond to an email in TWO days? :doh:

They gave new Coldplay album (which is great) a 7. Higher than HTDAAB and NLOTH. What say you, EYKIW.

I thought it was a pretty bad review, but NLOTH is pretty fucking overrated in this forum.

Probably not much considering NLOTH according to them is a weaker record than ATYCLB and Bomb.

NLOTH deserves the praise it gets. There are other U2 albums being more overrated.

Where do I find the complete accoustic version of Love is Blindness performed by Edge? I didn't know there was a complete version of that performance.

It's in the downloads available on line for the Uber Box Set.

Has there been any mention of easter eggs yet?

That sounds like yours were shipped on the 26th as well. I really don't get what went wrong then. And yours should've been the same batch as Rose's, so she should've probably had the lithograph in her box!

Can anyone tell me what kind of paper stock the extra posters are in the Limited Uber Box? Thanks in advance.

Well I don't know about anyone else in Australia but I still haven't got my Super Deluxe, nor have I been contacted by JB about it all to let me know even the slightest of what's going on. It was released 2 weeks ago! Trying not to cave and download everything while I wait for it

I just downloaded it and will buy one online eventually. JB and Australian music retailers in general suck when it comes the super big deluxe boxsets (aside from a few bands) I've had trouble ever since the JT remaster which I got from Amazon cause JB had never heard of it :doh:

Just stopped at Best Buy for for some printer ink, and decided to check the U2 stuff. They had a shitload of 2-CD editions, and a few Super Deluxes. Those Super Deluxes are a pretty hefty product!

The 2-CD versions were $23.99.
The Super Deluxe was $139.99.

Just thought I'd share. I got my Uber set. No, the Sydney disc does not work in my Blu-Ray player. I will be calling Universal for a replacement tomorrow. However, it plays just fine in my $30 Target Phillips Region Zero'ed DVD player.

:applaud:

DukesFive5.jpg

And after a day, still no response from Universal. The guy said he had contacted the shipping people and parcelforce on monday. How do these people not respond to an email in TWO days? :doh:
have you tried asking if they can pass on a contact email for parcelforce? there's got to be a breakdown in communication or something.

Dropped into Sanity again this morning. The suppliers still don't have the Super and don't know when they will. :crack:

Has anyone in Oz ordered the Super from Amazon UK? What's the delivery time like? I'm tempted - there isn't much of a price difference, even with express postage.

ETA - What region would those DVDs be?

have you tried asking if they can pass on a contact email for parcelforce? there's got to be a breakdown in communication or something.
Great idea! This guy from Universal keeps saying he'll email me as soon as he gets a response, yet it's again been two days since he said that! So now to delete the middle man in this and contact them myself. That would be more effective I reckon.

Acrobat Angel said:
Dropped into Sanity again this morning. The suppliers still don't have the Super and don't know when they will. :crack:

Has anyone in Oz ordered the Super from Amazon UK? What's the delivery time like? I'm tempted - there isn't much of a price difference, even with express postage.

ETA - What region would those DVDs be?
that's nuts! the dvds will be region zero though, so you'll be good to go no matter where you buy it from :)

Galeongirl said:
Great idea! This guy from Universal keeps saying he'll email me as soon as he gets a response, yet it's again been two days since he said that! So now to delete the middle man in this and contact them myself. That would be more effective I reckon.
i hear you. i'm getting the runaround for something i bought (totally unrelated to u2) and it's ticking me off. i love buying things online but i hate how companies make it so difficult to contact them. emails can get ignored and many companies don't give out customer service numbers, or if ey do it's some toll number which doesn't help if you're ordering internationally.

Do the extras on the DVDs cover all the material available on the 2 disc version of the Sydney Zoo TV DVD released in 2006 ?

Back
Top Bottom