Achtung Baby BOXSET reissue - Number 6 - THIS THREAD IS ÜBER DELUXE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Find your birth certificate, make an alteration so it reads today's day and month, and tell your wife that you've been celebrating the wrong day all these years.

#couldworkyouneverknow

Any Aussie's have luck today?

I called my local Sanity this afternoon about my Super and they had apparently expected it in today's delivery but it wasn't there. They said it will probably be in tomorrow or Monday's delivery (fair enough, I'll wait a few more days). She called me back 10 minutes later and said that she had just spoken to their supplier and the supplier hasn't even received it yet and doesn't know when they will!! :madwife: :angry: :doh: :rant:

Anyone know if JB has stock yet?

:sad:

The Super Deluxe is big.

I love it. Although I still have to admit some Uber envy.

Perhaps I'll name my next band Uber envy. I like the sound of that.

But seriously, it's awesome. I'm off tomorrow, so I'll be listening and watching all day.

Acrobat Angel said:
Any Aussie's have luck today?

I called my local Sanity this afternoon about my Super and they had apparently expected it in today's delivery but it wasn't there. They said it will probably be in tomorrow or Monday's delivery (fair enough, I'll wait a few more days). She called me back 10 minutes later and said that she had just spoken to their supplier and the supplier hasn't even received it yet and doesn't know when they will!! :madwife: :angry: :doh: :rant:

Anyone know if JB has stock yet?

:sad:

I spoke to JB online today looking for my supper box & thay said there supplier, didn't even have it in
The country & thay don't know when it's coming!! Also thay may not have enough for the amount that was ordered :(.she also said that more people ordered the vinyl box then the amount thay had coming in :( so we all might have a bit more of a wait out here.
But she did say that shed get back to me if she found out any thing else:)

Giving things a listen on the ol' Bose earphones this morning... listened to the entire Kindergarten disc and the 'new' ones like DOTD/Oh Berlin/BYHD etc last night on the computer.

So far I LOVE DOTD. Heaven & Hell - hate the Doo Wops and not so sure I like that they stripped the glorious guitar out of the other version... I found it fit better in that one but I'll need to listen to that one again on earphones as well.

Adoring Baby ZooStation and One, just interesting takes that are repeat listenable for sure - and verdict still out on the Baby LiB - dark as HELL. The vocal definitely reflects that Bono intended on having Nina Simone sing it. Guitar must be heard on earphones though - will listen to that sometime today... ;)

I'm pretty sure that you have just won Interference.

I've won Interference:ohmy:

Does that mean I now own it? Do I get a prize, a cup, a medal...a remastered copy of 'Achtung Baby':D...free shipping on my next Amazon order:lol:...a visit from the band to play the album live in my living room so that I can comapre it to the CD:applaud:

All of these things and more please:drool:

I spoke to JB online today looking for my supper box

'Supper Box'...so there's yet another version?

Just looked this up on Google...it comes with some cheese and crackers and a lovely warm milky drink. I want one:D

Just kidding:hug:

'Zoo TV:Live From Sydney' : Achtung Baby Anniversary Edition Box Sets

Hi folks - I am admin over at U2.com community pages, I notice this was being discussed in these threads here, so hopefully this post over in the Zoo will help out : 'Zoo TV:Live From Sydney' : Achtung Baby Anniversary Edition Box Sets - Announcements and News - Free Forum - U2 Community - Message Board

'Universal Music tell us that on some older DVD players the 'Zoo TV:Live From Sydney' disc in the Box Sets is not playing properly.

They've set up a helpline and any customers experiencing problems with this DVD are being sent a replacement disc.

If that's you, please email Universal Music Customer Services at FishersCustSvc@umusic.com or call 1-800-288-5942

Meantime, while you're waiting for the replacement, the DVD will play in your laptop or desktop'

hope this helps

BW

I really like Bono's guitar part in Baby Mysterious Ways :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Edge really didn't make that noise, did he? :lol:

It doesn't sound like Edge (too polite to make such noise) or Lanois (too musical), that's for sure!

So yes, the money' son bono, although it could still be Eno's synth

got the uberbox today, totally worth it. the price is spicey but this is one massive release with alot of love for detail. my both has #5thousand something and since I ordered one of the Universal UK limited lithograph editions there's the additional 157/250 lithograph included. nice, but to be honest it looks like a homeprint.

overall, great great box, starting from the magnets on top to the end product. this is a great release for a masterpiece of music history.

Can anyone tell me what's with this ZooTV special on the 3rd DVD of the Super Deluxe edition of Achtung Baby? Is it that outside broadcast documentary, with some full versions of live songs or something else?

Hi folks - I am admin over at U2.com community pages, I notice this was being discussed in these threads here, so hopefully this post over in the Zoo will help out : 'Zoo TV:Live From Sydney' : Achtung Baby Anniversary Edition Box Sets - Announcements and News - Free Forum - U2 Community - Message Board

'Universal Music tell us that on some older DVD players the 'Zoo TV:Live From Sydney' disc in the Box Sets is not playing properly.

They've set up a helpline and any customers experiencing problems with this DVD are being sent a replacement disc.

If that's you, please email Universal Music Customer Services at FishersCustSvc@umusic.com or call 1-800-288-5942

Meantime, while you're waiting for the replacement, the DVD will play in your laptop or desktop'

hope this helps

BW

Thanks very much..

I'm being cheeky...but...your opinion is the lyrics are "ultraviolet light"? :scratch:

:wink:

with no direct evidence in front of me yes imho the lyric is 'ultraviolet light' also imho i think that it is kinda of cool, imho, that the chorus does not exist underneath bono's imho wailing.

:love:

I've won Interference:ohmy:

Does that mean I now own it? Do I get a prize,

It means that people will tell you how much they love you for a couple of pages, and then go back to tearing apart any argument you might present. :wink:

with no direct evidence in front of me yes imho the lyric is 'ultraviolet light' also imho i think that it is kinda of cool, imho, that the chorus does not exist underneath bono's imho wailing.

This has been debated a few times on the site (which is not a jab against you; you're not required to know what's been discussed to death or not), and the last time we had it, I came away fully believing it was "ultraviolet light."

But now I'm firmly back in the "it's just plain old ultraviolet" camp.

It means that people will tell you how much they love you for a couple of pages, and then go back to tearing apart any argument you might present. :wink:

This has been debated a few times on the site (which is not a jab against you; you're not required to know what's been discussed to death or not), and the last time we had it, I came away fully believing it was "ultraviolet light."

ok, then i will say whatever the chorus is, imo, i think it is cool it isn't there. i don't want to bring up anymore old arguments. they tend to linger here like dutch oven farts. (imho)

Growing up, my best friend who hated U2 would make up lyrics every time one of their songs came on the radio....and at the end of ULMW he'd sing "Ultra-vi-o-lence...ultra-vi-o-lence"....which I found ironic coming from someone who loved The Clash. :)

ok, then i will say whatever the chorus is, imo, i think it is cool it isn't there. i don't want to bring up anymore old arguments. they tend to linger here like dutch oven farts. (imho)

Ha!

I need to go back and listen to the baby version again - I didn't pay close enough attention to it yesterday (shame on me ... SHAAAAAAAAAAAME!) and didn't notice the difference in the chorus.

Back
Top Bottom