Achtung Baby BOXSET reissue - Number 6 - THIS THREAD IS ÜBER DELUXE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I mean, the bonuses from the "Digital Exclusives" include an extra song and a digital version. I was hoping for a bit more exclusives! :)

sorry, out of the loop as I havent thought about this release in a few months now.

So, Crankity crank had a format that included digital access- what song/video did he get, that the rest of us got within the boxset?

There's a page for us to access here:
achtung.pushexp.com/

this is the digital repository for the whole box set where you download everything- er, digitally. You can see that there's Edge's version of Love is Blindness and the movie, but that's it.

I see on Youtube a video of MacPhisto "easter eggs" claiming to be from DVD #3 Bonus Material from this Achtung boxset. But I cannot find any instructions of how these clips are actually accessed from the dvd. Anyone know?

Are they still replacing the DVD? American buyers got a DVD in some box sets that was set for a region/format that doesn't play on American DVD/Blu-ray players? Anyone know who to contact if you have one of those non-readable DVD's?

This isn't about this specific reissue, but have a question:

Does anyone know about an official Achtung Baby light/powder blue vinyl being released ? A store nearby has it, just wondering if it's official. I don't think it's a US release.

Hmm. Not that second bright blue one. The photo below is it:

1086882achtung.JPG

Thanks. I wonder if it's still worth getting.

Hard to say. If you’re a collector at all and it’s priced nice? Sure!

Bootlegs of official releases are tricky - Zooropa was widely bootlegged due to its previous scarcity, but from what I understand, you never really knew how the version you got would sound. Whether it was pressed from a questionable source (CD/cassette/etc), or there’s a lot of surface noise, or it was pressed hastily and suffers from warping or whatever, they really only existed because Zooropa wasn’t originally pressed in high numbers and the bootlegs came in cool colors.

Acting Baby on vinyl is, obviously, not hard to find. Saving up and/or splurging on an original pressing or buying one of the repressings will be more reliable, but if you have some extra cash and can justify getting it, it is a pretty cool rarity/oddity.

Back
Top Bottom