A Man And A Woman appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Earl-Of-IMDb

War Child
Who appreciates this song? i do. i hope they play it on the next tour not as a weak snippet but the song its in entirety, who's with me? love the bass line, the mood of the song is so sexy here..

Love it, top tune, U2 have never embraced such a sound, and they execute it so beautifully......very,very feel good and unfairly maligned.

Well, it's one of the better songs on HTDAAB, but that isn't exactly much of a compliment.

One of the most interesting songs on the record for me.

Its a pity it was never performed on tour as I think it would've worked nicely as an acoustic number, plus Bono's vocal on the studio cut is a little strained and he's often much better out on the road.

Still, one of the more inspired tracks on HTDAAB IMO, mainly because the band are trying to do something a little more unusual. Too many times I felt that the band sounded as if they were going through the motions on this album, but on this track they seem fresher and more invigorated. I really like it.

I actually was never that much attracted by this song, it was one of them I used to skip.........but after a while of time I kinda got into the song, listening to it very careful, catching everything of it...........I must say it's a good issue

good song :up:

I can't figure out why people are so against Bono's vocals in this song, I think they're perfect. :shrug:

I like this song, and always have. Was listening to it the other day, and got to thinking, it has more than a passing resemblence to Love Comes Tumbling and wouldnt sound out of place on Wide Awake In America or as a B-Side to an UF single. Has that vibe to it

amazing song, the bass line, the scratchy vocals, just the way it sounds is great. wished it was played live more

I love this song.....in fact...THIS is the song I sang for Bono when I met him the first time in Toronto and AGAIN in Cleveland. After singing the entire first verse, chorus, and second verse, he proceeded to sign a picture that I took of him.

He signed it, "Hey little 'brother'...take the heat from the sun".

Earlier that week when I met Adam, I told him how I thought AMAAW was the best song on the HTDAAB album. Adam said, "It is a lovely song, isn't it?"

Why do other fans not give this song credit?

I love this song.....in fact...THIS is the song I sang for Bono when I met him the first time in Toronto and AGAIN in Cleveland. After singing the entire first verse, chorus, and second verse, he proceeded to sign a picture that I took of him.

He signed it, "Hey little 'brother'...take the heat from the sun".

Earlier that week when I met Adam, I told him how I thought AMAAW was the best song on the HTDAAB album. Adam said, "It is a lovely song, isn't it?"

Why do other fans not give this song credit?

The high key and weak chorus.

i too love this song! Together with lapoe and md my favorite of httdaatb.
Its got this relaxed vibe over it i cant resist.

The high key and weak chorus.

What's wrong with the high key? Bono owns it, and sings it with power. Great song :yes:

I can sense some ISHFWILF styled power in it too...strangely enough, anyone else? Just a tad.

I have no idea what this song would sound like live...it'd be an interesting experience...:hmm:

"For love and faith and sex and fear...and all the things that keep us here."

My favorite line.

That, and the
"I've been trying to feel complete again, but you're gone and so is God" probably the best lines on Bomb next to One step closer's lyrics.

Otherwise, this sounds like the shiny pop from ATYCLB (much like OOTS). It never really worked for me. Acoustic songs in a guitar album.

Well, it's one of the better songs on HTDAAB, but that isn't exactly much of a compliment.

Axver, once again you and I are polar opposites. :wave: I realize this is an "appreciation thread", so forgive my forthcoming comment, but I feel this is, by far, the worst song on HTDAAB. That album has some outstanding tracks - ones that challenge songs on the so-called "classics", but AMAAW is not even close to being one of them. This is about as throw-away of a song I think U2 have ever made. It's pure schmaltz. I never plan on hearing it again and if U2 play it in concert, I might actually use that time for a bathroom break. :D

Axver, once again you and I are polar opposites. :wave: I realize this is an "appreciation thread", so forgive my forthcoming comment, but I feel this is, by far, the worst song on HTDAAB. That album has some outstanding tracks - ones that challenge songs on the so-called "classics", but AMAAW is not even close to being one of them. This is about as throw-away of a song I think U2 have ever made. It's pure schmaltz. I never plan on hearing it again and if U2 play it in concert, I might actually use that time for a bathroom break. :D

This is ridiculous. :lol:

:tsk:

Back
Top Bottom