8 MSG shows. Which ones best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the reasons I didn't go to the atu2 thing today is that I live out in eastern Long Island and the commute in and out is cramping my style. That and I also got a job a wife and 2 kids. ;)

SHIRTS!!! 200 level near section 211 had the MSG shirts at about 6:45pm. We each bought one, so there were about 8 left. No XLs.

I may try to get shirts tomorrow, but fuck yeah! One acquired.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Sometimes shit just works out...

11218762_10153696084290934_8170578563071401019_n.jpg

You look just like writing partner. Giants fan. Hate that guy. Congrats.

Sec 112 was awesome. No bad sad.

Why do some people come to shows and not dance. And worst is they leave 15 times to drink and piss. Just go to bar and listen to your iPod. What's the point?

Been to 6 of the NYC shows(!), I think tonight was the best. Amazing crowd energy and Bono sounded great. Paul Simon coming out was incredible. I did miss NYC2 though which many seemed to have liked best...

Why do some people come to shows and not dance. And worst is they leave 15 times to drink and piss. Just go to bar and listen to your iPod. What's the point?

Two people in the seats next to me left during intermission and didn't. come. back. And they weren't bored or anything, they sang along to some songs and were dancing. I found that odd. And kinda made me mad because so many would have loved to be sitting there for a whole show, but it did give us more room to move around.

HAHA! Maybe so. Well, they arrived a little late too. With their beers. They came, they drank, they bounced.

I wish they'd announce a tour as Passengers to confuse the people who just want to say they went to a U2 concert, and allow the fans who'd appreciate it more a better chance at tickets.

And for the record, I still haven't bought a dumb t-shirt. Proud of myself. Also confused as it says Ladies t-shirts on colors I like, but I see men wearing those colors, so I don't know... looking at your Navy, it says Ladies, but all I see are Men wearing it... so WTF? ... either way, I think these are worst tour shirts I've seen in 5 tours.

Where's the color? Where's the fun?

So, wanna play guess the MSG8 setlist?

1. Miracle
2. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (though I feel it will be Out of Control)
3-10. Same (Vertigo, IWF, Iris, Cedarwood, SfS, SBS, RBW, UTEOTW
Intermission: Fly
11.-13. Invis, EBTTRT, MW
14. Volcano
15. Stuck
16. EBW
17. AIWIY
18. BTBS
19. Pride
20. BD
21. WOWY
Enc.
22. COBL
23. Streets
24. Bad
25. 40

Been to 6 of the NYC shows(!), I think tonight was the best. Amazing crowd energy and Bono sounded great. Paul Simon coming out was incredible. I did miss NYC2 though which many seemed to have liked best...

Wow - I just do not get it.

I went last night (MSG7) and have to say it was the worst U2 show I have ever been to. I am considering creating a whole post about it in another section, but not even sure I want to waste my time.

Larry actually sat a drum kit for 10 out of 25 songs? He also sat out completely or left the stage for 5 out of 25 songs? I am not that much of a stats guy, but am a drummer and really think this tour has just turned into the "Bono Spectacular."

2 people from the crowd on stage (one who has been there multiple times?), and giving the mic to the firemen(cool) and the woman who helped him from the bike accident who then ranted against NYC(completely uncool.) Definitely the first U2 gig I have been to that included an entire 5 minutes of 'boos.'

Too interactive and too many theatrical distractions. I wish they would just walk onto a stage with no bells and whistles and just play some great tunes.

Just really unfortunate - I do hope anyone else who went had a great time and enjoyed the show, but for me after seeing things like the EBTTRT/Kraftwork episode this band has now officially jumped the shark.

U2 is not Pearl Jam (or Bruce Springsteen). They are who they are (since ZooTV). The put on a performance, whether you like it or not. Yes it would be great if they just came out and played 30 songs, including the entire POP and ZooRopa albums in one concert, but that's not U2 and its definitely not what the 95% of people who go to these shows expect (the once a tour fans). They expect a spectacle now, and that is what they get....

Personally, I'm more surprised on how the tour actually took off. I don't think these last 2 shows sold out very quickly. Tickets (expensive seats) were readily available up to a week before the shows (NYC2-NYC7). Then they hit NY and its all crazy.

I enjoy the show. I think it plays great to the entire arena. Whether you are up front or in the back...

I went last night (MSG7) and have to say it was the worst U2 show I have ever been to. I am considering creating a whole post about it in another section, but not even sure I want to waste my time.

Larry actually sat a drum kit for 10 out of 25 songs? He also sat out completely or left the stage for 5 out of 25 songs? I am not that much of a stats guy, but am a drummer and really think this tour has just turned into the "Bono Spectacular."

2 people from the crowd on stage (one who has been there multiple times?), and giving the mic to the firemen(cool) and the woman who helped him from the bike accident who then ranted against NYC(completely uncool.) Definitely the first U2 gig I have been to that included an entire 5 minutes of 'boos.'

Too interactive and too many theatrical distractions. I wish they would just walk onto a stage with no bells and whistles and just play some great tunes.

Just really unfortunate - I do hope anyone else who went had a great time and enjoyed the show, but for me after seeing things like the EBTTRT/Kraftwork episode this band has now officially jumped the shark.

Kraftwerk, please.

I don't try to obsess on the setlist. This particular tour- this is the setlist they have focused on. I would love to here Stay, Bad, Please, If God Will Send His Angels, California and a ton of other songs, but I don't see the point of obsessing about not seeing them. Hearing any 24 U2 songs live is entertaining for me, and I thought yesterday Bono was in good voice and the crowd was in great energy. NYC 6 basically had Bono fading after the intermission. NYC1 I didn't think the band was tight/quite hit their stride yet. NYC 3, 4 and 5 were pretty good- 4 had been my favorite. I think part of it ends being where you're sitting and who's around you. I was in a great spot in GA pit yesterday with a ton of people singing and dancing and engaged with the show.

The booing episode with the woman was kind of amusing/peculiar if anything. I think no one knew what she would end up saying - if she just said hey I was running I stopped to help and now I'm glad that I can see him perform, she would've gotten a huge cheer. Instead she ended up needling a New York Crowd in New York and she got a Bronx cheer. Mostly amusing to me- I'm sure Bono was embarassed, but he couldn't control what she said. I could definitely see the Edge chuckling when listening to here.

Seeing Paul Simon pop up on stage was pretty freaking exhilirating.

Paul Simon was my least favorite part of show. And I love Paul Simon. I couldn't hear one word he sang and I know that song. Also I think he surprised Bono and the band as they were about to go into streets and they had to stop, have him sing a little, and hugs...

Now if Paul Simon was on stage singing You Can Call Me Bono in slot 2, I would have been very very happy.

Laughed out loud at the "jumped the shark" comment above. If you are just now thinking that about U2 almost 40 years in then, well, I don't know what to tell you.

The band has been about "jumping the shark" since Rattle and Hum.

Paul Simon was my least favorite part of show. And I love Paul Simon. I couldn't hear one word he sang and I know that song. Also I think he surprised Bono and the band as they were about to go into streets and they had to stop, have him sing a little, and hugs...

Now if Paul Simon was on stage singing You Can Call Me Bono in slot 2, I would have been very very happy.

yea i don't think they knew Paul Simon was going to come on stage. he was in the VIP section when they first acknowledged him. i think he stage crashed.

My friend and I saw Rick Pitino at a Boston restaurant (okay TGIFs at midnight one weeknight) in college. He was at that time the coach of Boston Celtics. He sees my friend and I walk up and he's ready to say "not now" but my friend only talks to the assistant coach who was about 70 about how much he loves him and all that. I didn't say anything but heard Pitino say to 3rd guy "Did you put him up to this?" We did say "later Coach" but it was so great. Because he didn't want to be bothered, but he was more bothered by not being bothered, while the other coach was so happy to be noticed for a lifetime of work. My friend was sincere.

That's how I felt about Paul Simon. They called his name, so he told himself, well they must want me on stage, so I'll go, but they didn't and it was super super awkward.

My friend and I saw Rick Pitino at a Boston restaurant (okay TGIFs at midnight one weeknight) in college. He was at that time the coach of Boston Celtics. He sees my friend and I walk up and he's ready to say "not now" but my friend only talks to the assistant coach who was about 70 about how much he loves him and all that. I didn't say anything but heard Pitino say to 3rd guy "Did you put him up to this?" We did say "later Coach" but it was so great. Because he didn't want to be bothered, but he was more bothered by not being bothered, while the other coach was so happy to be noticed for a lifetime of work. My friend was sincere.

That's how I felt about Paul Simon. They called his name, so he told himself, well they must want me on stage, so I'll go, but they didn't and it was super super awkward.

:lol:

Great story.

PS was super awkward - I was three rows behind the stage and watched all their faces - Edge did not know the chords, Paul did not know the words, Bono did not know what to do, and Larry just seemed pissed the entire night (I think he has a cold - was blowing his nose and coughing a bunch.)

BUT - not as awkward as the VA girl - the NY Post ran the story today...

The more I think about it the more I just think the Satellite of Love / Ordinary Love / EBW trio just deflated the place. I mean it was just Bono and Edge at one end of the arena acoustic - Larry and Adam just hung out under the stage - very weird.

Yes Mama Cass - Kraftwerk - my sincerest apologies, I deserve a slap for that.

As I've suspected, seems like the lads might be wearing themselves a little thin... Saw this on twits...

Bono stopped. Said voice is bad. Sounded like it. Didn't sign. Said hello #U2ieTour

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom