25th November Ottawa - Corel Centre

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ottawa

Just got back from my first U2 concert. Everthing I have read still could not prepare me for what I saw. The crowd the music but the set blew me away. We arrived early found our seats. 115 P 7-8. we were on Adams side which was great because Bono seemed to walk over here and stop in front of us a lot through out the show. Acarde Fire started at about 7:30ish and they rocked the place. The sound I thought was a bit garbled but they have much energy. Loved wake up...U2's entrance music. After about an hour and a half the house lights went down and I could not believe the roar as the boys slowly took there positions. I would scream at the top of my lungs and not hear myself..awesome. City of Blinding Light, Vertigo, Elevation and I Will Follow started what was a rock'n ride of your life. The crowd was really into the show when I will follow started...a nice surprise..I wasn't sure if they would play this tonight. SHFWILF and Beautiful day followed and kept the momentum going. I though Bono's voice was really on right from the start. The set slowed down with another surprise.. original of the species. This IS great live. Bono really gives in this song. I heard him say he thought it was the best song on the new album. Then after remarking his father always said "take off those F***ing sunglasses" he broke into SYCMIOYO. Again his voice was really stong...nailing the the critical note. Love peace or else was great...loved Bono and Larry together and the drum solo. SBS was specacular. the place was really rocking. Bono pulls a little boy on stage to help him "no more" it was great. BTBS although not one of my all time fav's was indeed great live... the best I've heard. Miss Sarajavo is just a masterpiece..Bono singing in Italian as for Pavarotti was magic. Pride and then Streets. Streets really needs to be experienced. Everyone has heard it and seen it on the DVDs but live an experience. The Corel Centre was one with this song. I look around and saw 20,000 bodies jumping up and down as one unit...amazing. The cell phone with one is pretty cool. One major highlight for me was Until the end of the world. I was really hoping they played this and it didn't disappoint. The Edge is simply unbelievable...how he can play and run from Bono is beyond me. Mysterious Ways and WOWOY again were a continuation of a dream setlist. Then the acoustic version of Stuck in a moment. My wife melted...her favourite song. Yehweh is really really good live. 40 finished what was a once in a life time night (first U2 concert).
Note: THESE BOYS ARE GOOD
Thanks U2, Thanks Ottawa
I posted some pictures under the Ottawa section to view

Ottawa show was great, everyone was in fine form. Adam was at his best, Bono and Edge were having fun, and Larry was punishing the cymbals. My only complaint was about the organization of the GA line... it was a disaster... the Corel centre staff and the security people were absolutely clueless. They split us into 2 lines, one GA and one for U2.com members. They then proceeded to let in the 1st 25 members of the U2.com line before letting in the next 25 GA...suffice to say we were pissed off, having waited all night in the frigid Ottawa weather. My 3 friends and I were 3-6 in line, and thankfully 2 of us forced our way in before security stopped the rest of us. We got scanned into the ellipse and wound up front and centre in the ellipse on the railing.

The show was killer, Bono seemed to have gotten out of his bad mood from earlier in the day. Pretty standard setlist, but we did get Orignal which was amazing, stuck in a moment was incredible too. I got the setlist from the security guy in front of me and it read "the first time, stuck in a moment, crumbs, and 40" for the final encore, but instead we got stuck in amoment, yahweh and 40. I guess they weren't in the mood for crumbs.

Back
Top Bottom