24 Day 7 Talk Back!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, the only chance for any redemption for Tony is if he is doing all this to find out who the 12 green dots on the computer are, but methinks killing Larry et al would trump any good he might end up doing, so he must be bad.
Twas nice to see Jack bitch out Janice even if he thinks George Washington is still President.

Yeah, I think we are past the point of no return for Tony.

I'm guessing that circle of 12, or whatever they are, will be exposed and taken down by the end of the season, but I'm thinking that perhaps Tony escapes, setting up next year.

only thing I am confused about is what they really want to use the bio-weapon to achieve at this point? I mean...why is Tony involved...do we know that? still because of Michelle's death? or some other motivation? I am unsure

They want the people to see the Government is weak and unable to protect them and then they want their firms (similar to Starkwood apparently) to step in and get Gov't contracts to provide defense, militia or whatever.

Tony is either in it for:
A. Revenge on the Government still
2. Money
Thirdly. To take down the 12 green dots
Quatorce. The redhead

Thirdly. To take down the 12 green dots

I did entertain that premise,
like Jack he will break the law for a greater good

and collateral damage is a bitch

but, that doesn't quite work, too much to consider and evaluate, too much of a blurring of the lines.

on a simpler evaluation, I considered Tony to be a "for sure" bad guy in the first or second episode when he helped them complete the Airliner destruction.
Once that line had been crossed he was not redeemable.

If one accepts that blowing up innocent Americans in Airliners is justified for the greater good.
Then they will believe 911 was an American plot for the greater good of taking down the Taliban, Saddam Hussien and bringing Democracy to the Muslim world.

Interesting episode.
I do think that Chloe has said her final goodbye to Prescott and Morris. It made it look as if those two will not survive. Or maybe Chloe...

And I've seen some pretty bad comments about the president in this thread, but her daughter is even worse. Doing her job horribly is even too positive a description.

And I've seen some pretty bad comments about the president in this thread, but her daughter is even worse. Doing her job horribly is even too positive a description.

Yeah, aside from banging the reporter for Youtube prosperity, she doesn't do anything well.

Its a very preposterous scenario (shocking for this show I know) anyway, she goes from hating her mother to being White House Chief of Staff in a few hours. Ethan's resignation would never have been immediate, it would have waited till the next day at minimum during a crisis, and he certainly wouldn't be replaced by an inexperienced trollop, no matter what her relationship to the President is.

shouldn't ethan have gotten his job back after they found out he was right about jack bauer anyway?

this was an amazing season up until the tony turning bad thing. now that i care that tony is bad, it's just that this new stuff isn't very interesting and doesn't make a lot of sense. i dont really care about this new evil gang and i dont really care if they are able to release the gas.

hopefully it will start to come together again next week, not much time left.

i could still see Tony sacrificing himself to save Jack or Kim at the end of the season, serving as redemption to some people.

shouldn't ethan have gotten his job back after they found out he was right about jack bauer anyway?

Yes, I think he should.
Then again, he resigned around 10 PM or so. He probably went home, got drunk and staggered to bed. So at 4 AM he'll probably be asleep. I would.
:)

This season is quickly coming unraveled for me and I'm not sure what the writers can do to save it especially after I read this:

The only confirmed cast members so far to reprise their roles are Kiefer Sutherland, Cherry Jones, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Carlos Bernard, and Annie Wersching

This season is quickly coming unraveled for me and I'm not sure what the writers can do to save it especially after I read this:

The only confirmed cast members so far to reprise their roles are Kiefer Sutherland, Cherry Jones, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Carlos Bernard, and Annie Wersching

This has been known for awhile, why does it bug you so much?

It can mean a lot of things: he somehow escapes, he's in jail and Jack finds out he may know something about the next plot, etc...

This has been known for awhile, why does it bug you so much?

It can mean a lot of things: he somehow escapes, he's in jail and Jack finds out he may know something about the next plot, etc...

I wouldn't say that it bugs me so much, but i feel like this would've been fine if Tony hadn't turned out to be a super douche. How much more can that get out of him as a bad guy?

I wouldn't say that it bugs me so much, but i feel like this would've been fine if Tony hadn't turned out to be a super douche. How much more can that get out of him as a bad guy?

178290343v4_350x350_Front.jpg

:wink:

awful, just awful

if the writers can't think of any more original ideas, maybe it's time to end it

this season was so good up until this last tony being evil arc, it's disappointing that this is how its ending

I'm liking it, I don't even mind the whole Tony evil story line...

Makes me wonder what they are going to do with Jack...

Do they have a cure? :hmm:

I'm liking it, I don't even mind the whole Tony evil story line...

i dont mind tony being evil if they had done something good with it. we dont really even know why he is being evil, and why exactly these mysterious bad guys are doing what theyre doing. to help their private military companies? you think the public is going to trust public their companies after they were to blame for everything that happened that day?

how many times have we seen a bio weapon get placed in a secure container just a second before going off? how many times have we seen a kimnapping? how many times has jack had to break someone out of custody and go against the good guys?

this stuff has all been done to death. like i said this was one of my favorite seasons up until tony turned out bad. since then most of what has happened has been rehashed ideas that dont really even make sense.

If you ask me the whole "terroist on the subway" was pointless too! if the guy was not even carrying the weapon...what was the point of even using him....the chick planted it just fine without him! that made no sense to me at all

If you ask me the whole "terroist on the subway" was pointless too! if the guy was not even carrying the weapon...what was the point of even using him....the chick planted it just fine without him! that made no sense to me at all

im guessing so that there was more evidence against him if he could be placed at the scene of the crime. but the whole framing the muslim guy thing was dumb in the first place, the government knew it was tony and his pals carrying out this plan, they really thought theyd get away with it if they framed a muslim guy?

also, why exactly did they take the time to retrofit the bomb for greatest dispersal and maximum casualties, and then decide to have it go off at 5:30am when there wouldn't be very many people on the train?

just doesn't make sense.

....and when have you EVER been delayed at an airport and had a fellow passenger stranger offer to get a cup of coffee for you???? ever??:|

....and when have you EVER been delayed at an airport and had a fellow passenger stranger offer to get a cup of coffee for you???? ever??:|

or ask a stranger to watch your bag, everyone knows youre not supposed to do that, a former ctu employee should especially know that

They have run out of ideas :( It's really too bad, and yes I was liking it up to evil Tony too, and I also agree that isn't the reason I don't like it now. Unless they pull something really amazing and surprising out of the hat next week, I'm disappointed.

i dont mind tony being evil if they had done something good with it. we dont really even know why he is being evil, and why exactly these mysterious bad guys are doing what theyre doing. to help their private military companies? you think the public is going to trust public their companies after they were to blame for everything that happened that day?

how many times have we seen a bio weapon get placed in a secure container just a second before going off? how many times have we seen a kimnapping? how many times has jack had to break someone out of custody and go against the good guys?

this stuff has all been done to death. like i said this was one of my favorite seasons up until tony turned out bad. since then most of what has happened has been rehashed ideas that dont really even make sense.

Well, the rehashed ideas like kidnappings, bioweapons, leaks, etc. were being done over the course of the entire season, not just the last few episodes, so you pretty much come to expect it with this show. Because of that, I lower my expectations of it and just sit back and enjoy it for the entertainment value.

I agree the last few episodes haven't been as good as the rest of the season, though. I can only hope the finale is setting us up for something.

I think that Jack being infected is their only way to create more of the pathogen since the cannister was detonated. I think they harvest some of his stem cells or something to create more bio-weapon for next season so they can threaten Kim Bauer's life again.

Back
Top Bottom