2016 Rumour Dates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The band have consistently stated that they prefer doing indoor arenas and don't want to go back to enormous stadium productions again- this goes right back to start of the last tour. There are plenty of big arenas in Europe they can play

It really makes very little sense to do two Arena tours in a row when there is a huge demand for a stadium gig...

I agree, I can't really wrap my head around it. The only thing I can figure is that they really enjoy playing arenas, and that they're making more money by having a more low maintenance show.

Think about how much money the 360 tour must've cost. 3 different claws, 3 different crews. Each claw took 4 days to assemble, 6 to tear down. They were renting the stadiums for a week just to do one show! Plus it was a very large and expensive stage(s). On this tour they have 1 stage, and it can be set up/ tore down in a day or so, by just 1 crew. And once it's set up they're doing 2,4 shows, and even more in some cities!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

I agree, I can't really wrap my head around it. The only thing I can figure is that they really enjoy playing arenas, and that they're making more money by having a more low maintenance show.

They've also played 1-2 stadium equivalents in many cities and satisfied a lot of demand. Investing in a new stadium production (and canning the old one) to revisit some of those cities isn't worth it.

Think about how much money the 360 tour must've cost. 3 different claws, 3 different crews. Each claw took 4 days to assemble, 6 to tear down. They were renting the stadiums for a week just to do one show! Plus it was a very large and expensive stage(s). On this tour they have 1 stage, and it can be set up/ tore down in a day or so, by just 1 crew. And once it's set up they're doing 2,4 shows, and even more in some cities!

I meant to say the claw took 4 days to assemble, 2 to tear down.*

There's also a rumor floating around that U2 will hit Portugal in July, but they wouldn't say indoors or outdoors. April - July seems like the right amount of time for a tour leg.

U2 have never played in Riga, or anywhere in the Baltic region. Riga Arena has a capacity of 14,500 for concerts according to Wikipedia, so it's very possible U2 could do a couple of shows there.

Very exciting, hopefully we know all the dates soon. Seems pretty likely Europe will be before North America next year.

What has not been said in Portugal I think points towards an outdoor show... they will start selling just one show.. as they did in 2010.

Baltic region was rumored even for an hypotethic 2011 european leg of 360° Tour.

I think this could be the right time to play in the region

Baltic region was rumored even for an hypotethic 2011 european leg of 360° Tour.

I think this could be the right time to play in the region

I wish they'd have done that 3rd Euro leg. Fuck it, Take that gross up over $900 million!

What has not been said in Portugal I think points towards an outdoor show... they will start selling just one show.. as they did in 2010.

if that is the case, i think it very odd unless they play Rock in Rio... something that have been trying for years.

EDIT: Nevermind, Rock in Rio is in May.

Europe THEN the USA...for once they reap the rewards of fine tuning to any new setup, it's usually us lucky bastards. :wink: fingers crossed for something for Aus/NZ too at some stage

oh yeah.........!! if they suddenly brought back the full version of Zooropa I'd be SO pissed. :lol:

^ That would mean all the EU dates if the statement where to be true.

Ahh would suck big time. Why during the holidays. :lol:

Crap i better get some balance off my credit card again??why is it every time u2 tour i seem to be in alot of debt???

Fingers crossed the NA leg is earlier in the summer so I'll know where I'll be. Swore to myself I'm going GA so I wanna lock down tickets as soon as possible.

[offtopic] doen anyone know if it makes sense to renew my U2 subscription next week in order to get a new presale code for the next European leg? I already used a code for Cologne...[/offtopic]

Any chance Amsterdam gets more shows? Those 4 shows were sold out in minutes...Looking forward to hearing good sound quality (Cologne was not so good...)

[offtopic] doen anyone know if it makes sense to renew my U2 subscription next week in order to get a new presale code for the next European leg? I already used a code for Cologne...[/offtopic]

Any chance Amsterdam gets more shows? Those 4 shows were sold out in minutes...Looking forward to hearing good sound quality (Cologne was not so good...)
Yeah Cologne was definitely worse than A'dam. Although huge difference in Adam from first to second ring. First ring being perfect, 2nd ring having no bass at all.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

This tour is at the same time technologically advanced and cheap, in U2 terms at least.

Yeah Cologne was definitely worse than A'dam. Although huge difference in Adam from first to second ring. First ring being perfect, 2nd ring having no bass at all.

I was in GA, Adam's side at Cologne 2. Great sound, not any different from Vancouver and Amsterdam. Liked The GA area in Cologne and Vancouver better than in Amsterdam. I felt like a fish in a tin can in Amsterdam, hardly any space to move and a lot of pushing. None of that in Vancouver and Cologne.

There's also a rumor floating around that U2 will hit Portugal in July, but they wouldn't say indoors or outdoors. April - July seems like the right amount of time for a tour leg.

U2 have never played in Riga, or anywhere in the Baltic region. Riga Arena has a capacity of 14,500 for concerts according to Wikipedia, so it's very possible U2 could do a couple of shows there.

Very exciting, hopefully we know all the dates soon. Seems pretty likely Europe will be before North America next year.

...Hurray for low cost airlines flying to the Baltic States. Riga would be a great city to go to for a first date of a 3rd leg.

I was in GA, Adam's side at Cologne 2. Great sound, not any different from Vancouver and Amsterdam. Liked The GA area in Cologne and Vancouver better than in Amsterdam. I felt like a fish in a tin can in Amsterdam, hardly any space to move and a lot of pushing. None of that in Vancouver and Cologne.

Amsterdam GA was stuffed.

Sound was good in GA in Cologne. And it was an AMAZING show! So no complaints about Cologne please ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom